RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RE: All of the nominations

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I'm sure this post will probably get the brunt of bad comments and most likely end up getting locked, sent to the sewers, or just outright deleted, but I eel it needs to be said;

I have only been active here this past year or so, with a little bit from the end of last year, so, I can not say this is how it has always been, but I see the same people getting nominated for just about everything, both this year and last, and I'm sure if I found and perused through past nominations, I would find the same to be in true in past years. By no means do I think I am deserving of outright winning half of the categories; my mapping is not the best, scripting skills are about mediocre, some of my ideas don't even come close to others (I'm looking at Luvia Tales here...   =P ), but, it would be nice to see some of us little people at least nominated for something here or there, or hell, make a new category for 'members that show potential in a game idea' or something that sounds alot better than that, since I just kinda  came up with it while typing. Or, what about just an informal recognition of those who have contributed to the site in a significant way? Normally I'm not one to make a fuss about such things, but, I can say I got one acknowledgement by Roph for donating to the site which (depending on where you're hosted Roph) should have been enough to cover a month, if not two, of RMRK staying alive. It's cool acus my names all pink and stuff now, so, that neat, and I like the fact that I may have helped the site in a more relevant way than my scripts ever could, but, I dunno, I just feel like it's all of the people in "the club" that are being nominated, when some others could be as well (and no, this doesn't just refer to me, there's a couple others I have yet to see whom have impressed me over the years), and before anyone says it, yeah, I know I can go ahead and nominate them myself, and I will, either tonight or tomorrow morning, but I just thought it was a valid point to bring up (also, I just read through the 'most mature member' nominations, and that may have prompted me to handle this in a mature manner and bring it up as an issue, as an adult would, instead of moping and yelling about it in secret boards or something).

That's all, you can commence with the commentary =p
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm sure a lot of the "little people" of RMRK would qualify for the Kindest Member award, for example. It's kind of hard to nominate people when you don't know them, though. Most of us regulars don't go into the RPG Maker sections, and they don't go outside of them. How do you nominate a person when you've never seen them even post?

Plus award nominations are open to everyone. If they care at all, they're free to nominate other lesser known members. But let's be realistic here, the RMRK Awards are and always have been just a glorified popularity contest. So yes, it mostly is just members in "the club" being nominated, but that's because we don't know other members to nominate.

Actually screw that, I stand by our nominations. Some random guy might be funny, but if he only posted five times the whole year, no one is even going to remember him. But when it comes down to the categories that are about talent, we very regularly nominate people that aren't high posters. Best Writer just means look in the Librarium. If you didn't post something there, you won't be nominated. It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:11:22 AM by haloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Also this was the wrong place to post this.

Rep:
Level 97
Also you do realize how silly and childish it is to post a thread that basically says "I should be nominated for more awards", right?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
And to be fair let's look at your nominations so far? you've consistently just nominated veterans or people who were already nominated. I really just seems like you're upset no one nominated you for that XPAce thing you kept shoehorning into posts.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
gib attenon pls

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This is so ridiculous

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I have here a list of everyone and everything you've nominated as of today with Veterans and Previously Nominated  non veteran members and projects crossed out.

Joy
Zexion
Roph

Phoenix Fire
yuyu
modern
sophist
tSwitch
Roph again
Halo
M00s
yuyu
sophist again
tSwitch again
m00s again
Abigaila
Halo again
M00s 3rd nomination
tSwitch 3rd nomination
Lluvia Tales
YuYu again
Aco
Roph 3rd nomination
IRock (sic)

The court will note that only one person on this list is not crossed out.
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:49:25 AM by strike »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

You are clearly badgering the defendant, also you are leading the witnesses. Libel and stuff.
I say we let them go easy, 2 months execution.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:13:55 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

I think we can all see I have the decisive evidence that shows the Defendant is just as complacent in the way the awards work as the rest of us.

a penis
Rep:
Level 35
is a vagina
2014 Best Newbie
I completely agree. There are some of us newer members who are worthy of being nominated and are being overlooked by judgemental assholes for the way we act/dress and our join date. Not saying I should be, but I don't see why not...
Spoiler for:
IF YOU ARE WHITE YOU ARE PROBLEMATIC
KILL YOURSELF
SERIOUSLY
JUST KILL YOURSELF
STOP HARASSING ME
THIS IS NOT A SAFE SPACE
STOP
UGGHHHHH
STOP BEING SO TOXIC
HOW MANY BOOKS ON TRANSFEMINISM HAVE YOU READ
WHITE MALE CIS PROBLEMATIC
STOP OBJECTIFICATION OF WOMEN
SLEEP WITH A TRANS WOMAN OR YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM (PROBLEMATIC)
STOP TRANS SHAMING
STOP WOMAN SHAMING
STOP POC SHAMING
I RAN OVER A COUPLE WHITE PEDESTRIANS AND SOME OPPRESSIVE STRAIGHT WHITE CIS MALE PUBLICLY SHAMED/HARASSED ME BY TELLING ME TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BECAUSE OF HIS TOXIC MASCULINITY SEXISM AND TRANSPHOBIA
LIKE STOPPPPPPPPPPPP
THE FRAMERATE POLICE IS A HATE GROUP
GAMERGATE IS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU ARE TRANSPHOBIC/SEXIST
YOU CANNOT BE SEXIST AGAINST MEN
YOU CANNOT BE RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU AREN'T A SHITTY PERSON

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Wow, I really didn't stop to think of people like you.  :-[
I say we nominated Dr.Cocaine Coke Can for best newbie.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

a penis
Rep:
Level 35
is a vagina
2014 Best Newbie
I don't see anything wrong with that...

Who here agrees?
Spoiler for:
IF YOU ARE WHITE YOU ARE PROBLEMATIC
KILL YOURSELF
SERIOUSLY
JUST KILL YOURSELF
STOP HARASSING ME
THIS IS NOT A SAFE SPACE
STOP
UGGHHHHH
STOP BEING SO TOXIC
HOW MANY BOOKS ON TRANSFEMINISM HAVE YOU READ
WHITE MALE CIS PROBLEMATIC
STOP OBJECTIFICATION OF WOMEN
SLEEP WITH A TRANS WOMAN OR YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM (PROBLEMATIC)
STOP TRANS SHAMING
STOP WOMAN SHAMING
STOP POC SHAMING
I RAN OVER A COUPLE WHITE PEDESTRIANS AND SOME OPPRESSIVE STRAIGHT WHITE CIS MALE PUBLICLY SHAMED/HARASSED ME BY TELLING ME TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BECAUSE OF HIS TOXIC MASCULINITY SEXISM AND TRANSPHOBIA
LIKE STOPPPPPPPPPPPP
THE FRAMERATE POLICE IS A HATE GROUP
GAMERGATE IS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU ARE TRANSPHOBIC/SEXIST
YOU CANNOT BE SEXIST AGAINST MEN
YOU CANNOT BE RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU AREN'T A SHITTY PERSON

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Sure! why the fuck not?

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I kinda feel that the people nominated so far all really deserve it tbh.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Zexion best sorta newbie 2014

Spoiler for:
but not really because you joined in 2011 even if most of your posts are from this year.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Strike pointed out that you've been nominating people who were already nominated. Which is silly. Not even because it's contradictory to what you were saying in your original post, but because those nominations are basically useless. That's just not how nominations work. Wait until the voting threads are up; that's when it will be relevant to do so.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I vote that we change up "best newbie". We've got a lot of really cool members (like Zexion and flapbat) that joined awhile ago, but only recently became very active. I think that should count as a newbie. ;]

I argue that the nominations are pretty fair. A lot of the veterans voted up the little guys on the RPG maker (or other game maker) awards. ;o

Like halo said, there isn't much else that we know about them yet. Although I do agree that a little recognition can't hurt, I think situations like this will occur no matter where you go. Rmrk is a lot like life (albeit a pretty weird and nightmarish-ly awesome life). It's hard to stand out, but you really can if you want to and go about it in the right way.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
but I do want to at least make an attempt at funniest member, so I'd better post something stupid

uhhhhh
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
damn...but now I can't win most mature :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
North 1993 Round
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&