Original post by Zylos
Ah, the winter season is coming upon us. It's the time of year filled with good spirit, singing carolers, and lawsuits over saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". But you know what? Screw legal restrictions, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! And as a little Christmas gift for this RPG Maker community, I'm going to give you a wonderful present this year: the greatest RPG Maker resource ever
. Unfortunately, I don't actually have any resources at all to give you, let alone the greatest one ever. But that's where you come in!
We're going to hold a contest this Christmas season called The Twelve Days of Resources
. For two weeks straight, we're going to have everyone and anyone work like Santa's elves to create some new RPG Maker resources before December 21st. Everyone of every skill level is invited to participate, no sign-ups or anything required, and you're allowed to submit up to a maximum of 25 resources for the contest. Once time's up, Santa's secret helpers will gather up and organize the submissions for TWELVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS of voting for your favorite resources. On the twelfth day, we'll gather up all the first and second place winners from the previous days and have them face off one last time to determine the greatest RPG Maker resource!
- Submissions will be allowed up until 11:59:59 PM on December 20th in your respective timezone. You've got until then to build and post your resources, so you'd better hurry~
- You are allowed to create any type of resource you wish, as long as it is usable in some version of RPG Maker. Examples include but are not limited to: sprites, icon, tilesets, battler graphics, facesets, animations, backgrounds/parallaxes, music, sound effects, even scripts. Just as long as it is a usable resource, meaning that half-done sprites or photographs of your prom will be tossed out.
- If you decide create a script, please save it in a readable .txt format for downloading convenience.
- You may submit up to 25 resources of any type and at any time, meaning that you could post two sprites today and four icons tomorrow if you wanted to. You may not submit more than 25 at most though. It'd look kinda silly anyway if there was a voting poll with nothing but your name on it.
- It must be a new resource rather than something already made. Something that was finished even before the start of the contest will obviously be disqualified.
- Editing existing resources is technically allowed, but it must be enough of a change to be accepted as a new piece and it must comply with any conditions set by the original creator (such as providing credit, non-commercial, and so forth). Santa's secret helpers will be reviewing each piece to determine whether it's original enough to be allowed or if it should be disqualified.
- You may post resources for other people instead of yourself, if you have their permission and they don't have an RMRK account of their own. The resource must still be a new one though rather than something old from their gallery.
- For our ease in separating the resources, please submit each resource as an individual file as opposed to one lump sum of an image. Facesets or tilesets are an obvious exception as they're meant to be bundled.
: Sunday December 21st, 2014
To submit a piece, simply bump this thread with your submission attached to your post, along with the piece's name, the creator's name if you're posting for a friend, and any additional info you wish to include in the post itself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask right here too. :3
: 5Current Participants
I hope to see a lot of people join in to show off their talent, and wish everyone an early Merry Christmas!