RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with removing items from menu, please

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
(Using VX ACE)

My game is utilizing save points, rather than the menu's save option. I'm also not using formation, so I'd like to remove them entirely from the menu, rather than just disabling them.
I'm using Modern Algebra's Quest Log script, so that has to stay in the menu (I assume that takes care of itself.)

I'd LIKE to use Yanfly's Ace Save Engine, but the one issue with that is that it automatically enables save in the menu, but if it's disabled in the RPKMaker interface, you can't save. So, I need to enable it, but have it removed from the menu as well. If that's not possible, I'll just use the default save setup.

So anyway, that's what I'd like, if possible, a way to remove formation and save entirely from the menu. This is a commercial project and you will be credited in-game if you can help me with this.

EDIT: Ok, so I got off my lazy bum and looked into the default scripts. If I delete lines 38 and 40 from Window_MenuCommand, will that do the trick? (I'd still like a script if possible, as I don't really like to edit the default scripts.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:14:46 PM by Japhasca »
DrunkDorks.com (us)
Facebook.com/DrunkDorks (us)
Twitter.com/OrihimeWarlock (me)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
cat butts

below mainbutts in a new script butt thing
i wrote it in mspaint

Code: [Select]
#==============================================================================
# ** Remove Save and Formation
#==============================================================================

class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command
#moew
  def make_command_list
    add_main_commands
    add_original_commands
    add_game_end_command
  end
end
#moew

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:35:37 PM by Satan »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:18:19 PM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
Thanks! It worked awesome butts

EDIT: By the way, if anyone else can make use of this, put this script before any scripts that add custom objects to the menu and they will still do so.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:47:40 AM by Japhasca »
DrunkDorks.com (us)
Facebook.com/DrunkDorks (us)
Twitter.com/OrihimeWarlock (me)