RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Earthquakes - The First Signal

Rep:
Level 34
Heavenly Host Survivor

My first game! I'm making the story as I go, so expect some inconsistencies. Feedbacks are needed, obviously, so post your thoughts, ok? :P

Spoiler for:
    Strange earthquakes are happening all over the world, and all of them resulted in grief and sadness. A certain town was no exception either.
    In the land of Oakvale, in a town named Pinewood, there lived a boy and his sister. They were living normally until a mysterious and unknown struck the town. They were forced to take shelter in an underground tunnel, but they were separated while looking for a way out. The boy and his sister soon dragged into the madness of these series of tragedies.

Can they finally reunite with their families? Will they solve the mysteries of the earthquakes? Join Ken and Sophia in this classic JRPG with (not so) stunning animations and humorous dialogues!

Spoiler for:
    • Unique Press-Turn Battle System similar to those Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne \ Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga games. Exploit you enemies' weakness and watch the turns flash! (literally)
    • Uses a Sideview Battle System, complete with colorful animation for skills!
    • Unique equipments, ranging from Swords to Staffs, and from Armors, Shields, to Emblems. Each equipments has it own stats preferences, so choose your equipment wisely!
    • An assortment of skills, from Arts to Crafts. Crafts can only be learned by leveling up! For Arts....
    • Learn Arts by using SP that you've gained from defeating enemies! That's not all, in order to use them in battle, you have to actually equip them!
    • Featuring humorous dialogues and unique character development, you won't be bored with the events!
    • Using fantasy and modern setting, all in one!

Spoiler for:
    • Ken Miller. "A high-spirited boy who lives in Pinewood. A bit clumsy, but longs to become a adventurer."
    • Sophia Miller. "A girl who lives in Pinewood and Ken's sister. A really cheerful gal, but has a stubborn streak."
    • Leina Streisand. "An apprentice from Brightwall academy. Self-apologetic, but his bravery stood still."

(More characters will be added as I progress the Story!)​

Spoiler for:
    (Title Screen)

(Menu Screen)

(Mosel Temple)

(Lodgeville)

(Battle Screen)

Spoiler for:
    The only thing I'm worried is the balance-ness (is that even a word?) of enemies in battles. But other than that, the game's basically done to said chapter.

Spoiler for:
    Engine:
    Enterbrain.

Graphics:
    RTP, DS+, Futuristic Tiles, other paid resources, Celianna, Archeia.

Music:
    RTP, Falcom, and 5PB.

Scripts:
    Yanfly, Yami, Vlue, Archeia, KilloZappit, Diamond&Platinum3, TDS, Dekita (Copyright Dekyde Studios), modern algebra, TheoAllen, Mithran, LoneWolf, Mezzolan, Jet10985, and Helladen.

Testers: Nezarn and Dogen. You guys rock! :D

(I apologize for any mistyped names and/or I forgot to add a person. Just tell me and I'll add it Immediately.)

Spoiler for:
    I never include the RTP to the archive, because it would take days to upload it. :P I'll include it the separate download link, obviously.

Run Time Package (RTP)
    Download it here

Game Manual
    Can be downloaded here

Earthquakes - The First Signal
    [Last updated: 10/19/2015]
    Changes include:
    • Rehauled the game completely, from graphics to dialogues. Actually everything was changed. :P[/*]
    Second Update

Third Update

Fourth Update
    Fifth Update

Spoiler for:
    As you all know (or may not know), I am working on this project by myself. So, if you want to help out (which I really needed), just PM me and we'll talk about the details.
    I currently need a:
    Spriter. This is the most important, my unused characters are not from RTP, so if you can help out being a spriter, that would be fantastic!
    Mapper. Unfortunately, I suck at mapping. Most of my maps are hand-made, and it doesn't look too good. This is a less important role, but if you want to be a mapper, then big hugs for you!
    Or you can write your application here. (It's probably dead though)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:53:14 AM by KeyToTruth12 »

Meet me in the middle
    Rep:
    Level 89
    or left of the dial.
    For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
    the maps are terrible and that battle system doesn't make any damn sense.

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    I don't think the maps are horrible at all. The battle system is based from TiTS battle system, so if you haven't played it, then tough luck.

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    Oh, and I've added the Game Manual to the OP.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
    Some things that could do with some fixing -
    • Title screen needs some work. (I'm guessing it's just a place holder.)
    • Maping (as you said) needs some work. Open empty spaces are boring.
    • Head clips through dressers and other desk stuff. (and toilet)
    • Doors look strange.
    • The cave is well lit for not having an visible light sources.
    • It's a bit awkward that you can't talk to your mother. Maybe have her say "Your father was so worried about you!" or something.
    • I guess your mother wasn't surprised by the earthquake.
    • *lol*
    • The "altar next room"?
    • Scene cuts to the same scene only for characters to retell what was told a few seconds ago...
    • Why did the rock get removed from the doorway if I can't go in it yet?
    • What is an altar? Who made them? Are they just something that is normal in this world?
    • "OMG you actually did it!" ... Please don't use leetspeak / texting abbreviations :(
    • The monsters just destroy me.
    • When I did get to the boss (because I was lucky and only ran into slimes) he started the fight by killing ken.

Things I liked -
    • I liked the dialogue. (Minus the leetspeak and texting talking)
    • Good music choices.
    • You choose a good battle system.
    • You have little hidden items, tiny events. Those add a lot.
    • Menus look nice.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    I love it when people give their thoughts like this!  :)

Some things that could do with some fixing -
    • Title screen needs some work. (I'm guessing it's just a place holder.)
    • Maping (as you said) needs some work. Open empty spaces are boring.
    • Head clips through dressers and other desk stuff. (and toilet)
    • Doors look strange.
    • The cave is well lit for not having an visible light sources.
    • It's a bit awkward that you can't talk to your mother. Maybe have her say "Your father was so worried about you!" or something.
    • I guess your mother wasn't surprised by the earthquake.
    • *lol*
    • The "altar next room"?
    • Scene cuts to the same scene only for characters to retell what was told a few seconds ago...
    • Why did the rock get removed from the doorway if I can't go in it yet?
    • What is an altar? Who made them? Are they just something that is normal in this world?
    • "OMG you actually did it!" ... Please don't use leetspeak / texting abbreviations :(
    • The monsters just destroy me.
    • When I did get to the boss (because I was lucky and only ran into slimes) he started the fight by killing ken.

• Yeah, I've used a custom font in my game, so chances are you don't have it. I'll supply it in the next update.
    • I'm afraid I can't do shit about mapping :( I'll try though.
    • I'll fix that.
    • I don't know how to place doors correctly lol
    • I'll try and hopefully place some torches.
    • In the first visit to the tunnel?
    • How?
    • In which scene?
    • Just in case.
    • Will be explained later in the game when they have to use another one.
    • This is my biggest concern. All the people that have played this game told me the battle was so damn hard. I did not believe it at first, but after watching my friend playing the game, well...he got destroyed ._.
    • The boss is overpowered, 'nuff said. lol

Things I liked:
    - I liked the dialogue. (Minus the leetspeak and texting talking)
    - Good music choices.
    - You choose a good battle system.
    - You have little hidden items, tiny events. Those add a lot.
    - Menus look nice.

Thanks! Although the dialogue tends to get pretty boring. I'll add a text sound script if I had the chance.

Rep:
    Level 96
    GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
    With the *lol* it would be better to use *Ha ha* or *Heh-Heh*.
    I was joking about the mother not being surpirsed, as she's the only one that didn't have a ( ! ) over her head.
    With the doors you don't really need doors. It looks better if you only use the door for rooms that you go up to enter.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Meet me in the middle
    Rep:
    Level 89
    or left of the dial.
    For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
    ye having a battle system with the battlers facing forwards and having the characters use sprites and facing horizontal totally makes sense and isn't awkward and ugly at all. not to mention the art style between the battlers, characters and scene background is horrendous. the maps are extremely bad too, they're very empty and plain and aren't appealing to look at in any way.

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    Fourth Update has been released! Changes can be read in the Downloads section.

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    Well, it's been kinda long since I last updated this but...

The fifth update has been released. Complete overhaul has been made. There are changes in the OP too, so might wanna take a look at that.

Rep:
    Level 96
    I'll take a look. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 34
    Heavenly Host Survivor
    I fixed a small bug where you can't save...at all. Updated the download link. :)