RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
URBAN FANTASY, EXPERIMENTAL JRPG

Rep: +0/-0Level 34
Urban Fighter
Hi everyone!

I'm here to introduce my "experimental project". I work as a writer in the videogame field with indie companies, though I must say that my first love is Rpgmaker, the first gamedev tool I learnt to deal with, and in two weeks I started using a trial version of Ace and created a brand new project. The provisional title is Urban Fantasy.

Urban Fantasy is an experimental JRPG featuring an urban environment, social problems, thrill and fantasy. In order to melt these two different aspects (Urban and Magic) the game focuses on the commonly excluded social cathegories you never heard something about when played traditional JRPGs like students, salarymen, policemen, poors etc... the same for the representation of an environment which has a strong narrative potential as our cities are. Subsequently such a setting gives us room to portray an URBAN kind of magic, dealing mainly with the popular kinds of arts we usually witness everyday on walls, tv etc.. as Psychic abilities, Graffiti, Cyber abilities, Rapping etc... can be but those are just an example of what I have in mind.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler for:

New Battle System VIDEO
http://youtu.be/j8oOJbTaVF4

If you want to know more just visit UF's INDIEDB PAGE
http://www.indiedb.com/games/urban-fantasy
Check out my experimental jrpg: Urban Fantasy!

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hi everyone!

I'm here to introduce my "experimental project". I work as a writer in the videogame field with indie companies, though I must say that my first love is Rpgmaker, the first gamedev tool I learnt to deal with, and in two weeks I started using a trial version of Ace and created a brand new project. The provisional title is Urban Fantasy.
As much as I'd love to believe you're actually a writer of some clout we do tend to get 12 year old kids claiming to be entire development studios quite often so please excuse me when I ask what these other projects you've worked on are? I wouldn't mind taking a look at them.

Urban Fantasy is an experimental JRPG featuring an urban environment, social problems, thrill and fantasy. In order to melt these two different aspects (Urban and Magic) the game focuses on the commonly excluded social cathegories you never heard something about when played traditional JRPGs like students, salarymen, policemen, poors etc... the same for the representation of an environment which has a strong narrative potential as our cities are.
So basically like Persona. Persona is pretty cool.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sounds like it could be interesting.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Urban Fighter
Hi everyone!

As much as I'd love to believe you're actually a writer of some clout we do tend to get 12 year old kids claiming to be entire development studios quite often so please excuse me when I ask what these other projects you've worked on are? I wouldn't mind taking a look at them.

Urban Fantasy is an experimental JRPG featuring an urban environment, social problems, thrill and fantasy. In order to melt these two different aspects (Urban and Magic) the game focuses on the commonly excluded social cathegories you never heard something about when played traditional JRPGs like students, salarymen, policemen, poors etc... the same for the representation of an environment which has a strong narrative potential as our cities are.
So basically like Persona. Persona is pretty cool.

Have to say youngsters are everywhere, especially in RPGMAKER forums, but I also have to say that many many people who work in the videogame field actually started at the age of 12 by using this tool. And... back in the days I was one of them more than ten years ago! BTW at the moment I can't say publicly the name of the companies I work for (NDAs...), so if you ask for it in private I can tell you something ;)

I like Persona a lot, it inspires me, though Persona is still too "Nippocentric" and limited on a geographical side, hope you get what I mean (the world of persona is pretty limited... and it's good as it is). Instead I want to attract people's attention by using our "westerner" stories melt with elements which can be liked by Japanese people too (who created this wonderful genre).

I would like to know what do you think of HUDs, battle style...

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Does your computer have 16 terabytes of ram? :O
You don't have to say which company you work for. Just tell us if they're developing graphics technologies so amazing, that only a NASA computer can run it. :O

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Urban Fighter
Does your computer have 16 terabytes of ram? :O
You don't have to say which company you work for. Just tell us if they're developing graphics technologies so amazing, that only a NASA computer can run it. :O

Which part of NDAs (non disclosure agreement) and contact me privately weren't you able to understand? :D
It's not because I want to be the mysterious guy ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:41:48 PM by blamethepoet »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Dude, you don't have to be a jerk. Boe was just making a joke.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Which part of NDAs (non disclosure agreement) and contact me privately weren't you able to understand? :D

WOW
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Urban Fighter
Dude, you don't have to be a jerk. Boe was just making a joke.

Well I was making a joke too. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Putting a smileyface after your sentence doesn't make it a joke.

(unless it's this one  :V)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Well I was making a joke too. :)

OK. The point of a joke is to be funny, but what you said came across as "douchey". Shoot, even your quoted comment here was a little smug. It's a huge turn off for people that might be interested in following your game. There's a lot of games around here that (sadly) don't get played. Some of them don't even get more than a few glances. If you want to stand out, your personality does play a key role as a marketing strategy (especially on forums, since they are often very community-based).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:25:28 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

Rep:
Level 96
In any case, the non-aligned movement!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm confused. :mad: What's going on?

Are we on another planet?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
btw
If you would like any help with your game I can do some scripting stuff, and the occasional sprite edit.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Urban Fighter
btw
If you would like any help with your game I can do some scripting stuff, and the occasional sprite edit.

Thanks a lot, at the moment I'm evaluating some possibilities because I want to create a commercial game with it so I will probably be needing a small experienced multitasking team in the future.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It seems like everyone is all cool with no harms or fouls. On to the game-related feedback! ;o

Graphics-wise:
The title screen (or main image) with the red letters and dark background looks fantastic. It works nicely at the top and grabbed my attention immediately. The screenshots themselves look interesting, but the battle backgrounds are a little distracting. However, that seems to add character and work since graffiti is a factor in the game. The red and white windowskin is visually neat, but it sometimes makes the white text a little hard to read. With the very detailed backgrounds, I think a simple windowskin would look really cool (or maybe a change in text color?). The battle system HUD also looks pretty good (especially on that last screenshot)!
Overall, the game looks neat and that's really just little details. :ma:

Now I probably should emphasize the whole "psychic abilities" part, because I totally almost missed that. Anything psychic-related is a major pull for me, so I'm interested to see where that leads. What kind of abilities do you have in mind? :}
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Urban Fighter
It seems like everyone is all cool with no harms or fouls. On to the game-related feedback! ;o

Graphics-wise:
The title screen (or main image) with the red letters and dark background looks fantastic. It works nicely at the top and grabbed my attention immediately. The screenshots themselves look interesting, but the battle backgrounds are a little distracting. However, that seems to add character and work since graffiti is a factor in the game. The red and white windowskin is visually neat, but it sometimes makes the white text a little hard to read. With the very detailed backgrounds, I think a simple windowskin would look really cool (or maybe a change in text color?). The battle system HUD also looks pretty good (especially on that last screenshot)!
Overall, the game looks neat and that's really just little details. :ma:

Now I probably should emphasize the whole "psychic abilities" part, because I totally almost missed that. Anything psychic-related is a major pull for me, so I'm interested to see where that leads. What kind of abilities do you have in mind? :}

The effect regarding backgrounds mainly deals with obtaining a "city lights" effect or a city effect and in further screen I'll explain much more what I mean, though I have to say it confuses a bit so I need to take care about it. I'm also looking forward to find a pixel artist which may help me with the characters and with the GUI and other windows. And well little details are important.

I consider psychic abilities in the game much more as a part of a certain kind of magic, so each manifestation of psychic abilities will deal with a particular emotion that rules the character, for example if a character is generally dominated by anger his abilities will have an anger/fire effect and I think of creating a paper-rock-scissor game for that

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
op is a big fat liar

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
liar liar pants on ban this guy

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I dunno, something call me, something call me to check this place, out of cheer curiosity . . .

Privately? NDAs? Wouldn't you have  a Portfolio for this kinds of things? I'm sure they allow you to have Portfolio (pieces) of the games you've made, easy as that, like Strike said, we've seen lots of kids claiming to be part of the gaming-industry with their 'high-graphic-game-engine' that can't be run on regular consoles.

I like Persona a lot, it inspires me, though Persona is still too "Nippocentric" and limited on a geographical side, hope you get what I mean (the world of persona is pretty limited... and it's good as it is). Instead I want to attract people's attention by using our "westerner" stories melt with elements which can be liked by Japanese people too (who created this wonderful genre).

Ummm . . .

Some Elements are missing in your first post. Your trying to add western elements, which is good and all but, the way you said Persona is too "Nipponcentric" and "limited on a geographical side", I'm worried you don't quite know what it is.

Their mostly made in Asia, Hence their "Nipponcentric & limited geographical side" are you living in Asia? So I'm guessing you work on the Asian Indie Gaming industry? Since calling your project a JRPG experiment, gave me a chill in my spine;

I don't see no story synapses about it, no resume of it nor promise of it, All I see here, is images of the Battle-system, promise of urban environment, social problems, thrill and fantasy elements but, where's that Dating-Sim-Romance-Affection-Element? JRPGs nowadays have the 'Dating-Sim/affection' gameplay common lately on most if not majority of JRPGs, where the player raises the affection level of a Certain Character, giving gameplay replay-value (which, Persona has).

What's the theme of it? Is it a Detective-murder-like kind of JRPG like Persona? It's what I'm guessing from your reply to Strike's post. Or is it a Slice-of-Life game fantasy type?

You say urban elements, so, exacty what am I to expect it to be like, aside from Persona, What Anime/Manga?

Also, What geography are you going for? Male Oriented? or Female Oriented? Both?

Are there going to be CGs? Do you have an Artist who's doing the CGs? Who is she/he or who are you planning to get? I see the art your using for your main character, I'm guessing is edited from the RPG Maker's graphic itself, are these the ones to be used or are they temporary?
The CGs are a common important factor, since your making them in rpg maker, and if it's a JRPG, I'm sure hoping it's in Anime/Manga style (Wether its Bishounen or Bishoujo) if you want to attract a Japanese audience too.

I read there's a 'psychic mechanic' which deals with the characters emotions, so I'm guessing there is an Affection Gameplay mechanic in it, So, how many heroines/heros are in it? I imagine they each have their own story arc, and a different ending for each of them? Will your game have Replay value then? Is the Main character the Silent Type or does he gets involved in both conversations & what's happening in the game?

I have to tell you something friend, I think you need to 'play' more 'JRPGs', because I don't think you don't quite know what they are.

I'm telling you this, because I think you screwed up on the part to bring attention to the Eastern/Japanese audience.

Urban Fighter
Privately? NDAs? Wouldn't you have  a Portfolio for this kinds of things? I'm sure they allow you to have Portfolio (pieces) of the games you've made, easy as that, like Strike said, we've seen lots of kids claiming to be part of the gaming-industry with their 'high-graphic-game-engine' that can't be run on regular consoles.

Yes, it's true, normally if I'd use my own name and surname I could, but since I can't because it's not an official project and because it seems that in rpgmaker is not even considered a dev tool by pros, maybe it's because of the youngsters and kids... you can understand why I can't. As I explained above for now, since it's not an official proj. I don't feel I wanna say that. :)

Some Elements are missing in your first post. Your trying to add western elements, which is good and all but, the way you said Persona is too "Nipponcentric" and "limited on a geographical side", I'm worried you don't quite know what it is.

Their mostly made in Asia, Hence their "Nipponcentric & limited geographical side" are you living in Asia? So I'm guessing you work on the Asian Indie Gaming industry? Since calling your project a JRPG experiment, gave me a chill in my spine;

I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say, in particular Persona generally reproduces the school-drama anime series and in some way the common city life in an anonymous Japanese city. Still the game just focuses on the characters who live in the city, not about the city and the way things work in town, but it's kinda normal: Persona's world was created for that thing. And for many ways is something we can see in a lot of mangas and animes, Persona doesn't need to show us what's outside of that world and it's perfect as it is. While Final Fantasy and other rpgs try to show us what's beside that place in which characters live and how they work.
I do need to confront myself with the Asian market. It's an important market, but you surely don't want to give a Japanese a Jrpg made by a foreigner, to say the stupidest thing (and perhaps a cliché), it's like for a foreigner to teach Karate to a Japanese. It's something they somehow grow up with and especially if we need to talk about the keiretsu mindset, it's really hard to penetrate such a menthality and Microsoft with XBOX created a good example of what I'm talking about. So I hope you understand what I mean.

I don't see no story synapses about it, no resume of it nor promise of it, All I see here, is images of the Battle-system, promise of urban environment, social problems, thrill and fantasy elements but, where's that Dating-Sim-Romance-Affection-Element? JRPGs nowadays have the 'Dating-Sim/affection' gameplay common lately on most if not majority of JRPGs, where the player raises the affection level of a Certain Character, giving gameplay replay-value (which, Persona has).

What's the theme of it? Is it a Detective-murder-like kind of JRPG like Persona? It's what I'm guessing from your reply to Strike's post. Or is it a Slice-of-Life game fantasy type?

You say urban elements, so, exacty what am I to expect it to be like, aside from Persona, What Anime/Manga?

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on creating an efficient system, however if you take a look at the trailer and see some of the visual novel mechanics you can have an Idea of how the final product will contain certain features ;)

Also, What geography are you going for? Male Oriented? or Female Oriented? Both?

I think I don't understand this one, can you explain?

Are there going to be CGs? Do you have an Artist who's doing the CGs? Who is she/he or who are you planning to get? I see the art your using for your main character, I'm guessing is edited from the RPG Maker's graphic itself, are these the ones to be used or are they temporary?
The CGs are a common important factor, since your making them in rpg maker, and if it's a JRPG, I'm sure hoping it's in Anime/Manga style (Wether its Bishounen or Bishoujo) if you want to attract a Japanese audience too.

Hope to have them definitively :)

I read there's a 'psychic mechanic' which deals with the characters emotions, so I'm guessing there is an Affection Gameplay mechanic in it, So, how many heroines/heros are in it? I imagine they each have their own story arc, and a different ending for each of them? Will your game have Replay value then? Is the Main character the Silent Type or does he gets involved in both conversations & what's happening in the game?

Too early to tell, code down before the pen.

I have to tell you something friend, I think you need to 'play' more 'JRPGs', because I don't think you don't quite know what they are.

I'm telling you this, because I think you screwed up on the part to bring attention to the Eastern/Japanese audience.

As said before I want also to bring attention of these cultures over a different environment, though they're not my first focus also because not so many companies managed to enter in markets totally controlled by Japanese and you can take a look but not even Apple, one of the biggest brands which seduced the world (a brand I don't like personally), had a big success in Japan, the same goes for Microsoft, Cars and many other things.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Yes, it's true, normally if I'd use my own name and surname I could, but since I can't because it's not an official project and because it seems that in rpgmaker is not even considered a dev tool by pros, maybe it's because of the youngsters and kids... you can understand why I can't. As I explained above for now, since it's not an official proj. I don't feel I wanna say that. :)
I think you don't get it . . . here's the problem;

I work as a writer in the videogame field with indie companies, though I must say that my first love is Rpgmaker, the first gamedev tool I learnt to deal with, and in two weeks I started using a trial version of Ace and created a brand new project. The provisional title is Urban Fantasy.

That's like me going around and posting some Illustrations of mines, and I claim to be a "Famous well known ilustrator in the Japanese gaming community, I worked in some Indie games as an Illustrator and also in some well known companies" and when I'm ask for who I am, I reply with "Oh, I can't do that, because X or Y reason".

People would only see me as either some Con-artist or some kid boasting for attention.

It's not about understanding why you can't do it, the problem is, you Claiming to be something, and then, when ask for proof, you deny it. Sincerely, your post was asking for it. And what makes me question even more is, If your a "writer" and in this case, Professional as you say you worked in the Indie Game field, You can't 'reveal' who you are or what projects you worked on, then you shouldn't have written that in the first place, as you'll loose credibility from your audience.

I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say, in particular Persona generally reproduces the school-drama anime series and in some way the common city life in an anonymous Japanese city. Still the game just focuses on the characters who live in the city, not about the city and the way things work in town, but it's kinda normal: Persona's world was created for that thing. And for many ways is something we can see in a lot of mangas and animes, Persona doesn't need to show us what's outside of that world and it's perfect as it is. While Final Fantasy and other rpgs try to show us what's beside that place in which characters live and how they work.
I do need to confront myself with the Asian market. It's an important market, but you surely don't want to give a Japanese a Jrpg made by a foreigner, to say the stupidest thing (and perhaps a cliché), it's like for a foreigner to teach Karate to a Japanese. It's something they somehow grow up with and especially if we need to talk about the keiretsu mindset, it's really hard to penetrate such a menthality and Microsoft with XBOX created a good example of what I'm talking about. So I hope you understand what I mean.

Persona is an 'Expansion' or a 'spin-off', however you wanna call it of "Shin Megami Tensei" Series, Persona is an expansion of the Serie's World & Mythology, However, it's School-drama cliche is due that it's what sells in the market, that type of cliche, not that it's anything bad. And it has reasons to be, it's what, sadly, sells, just like the Whole "Moe" & Slice-of-Life Anime sells like wildfire over there. Because it's part of their Culture. I hope you have that in mind. To which, you mention Final Fantasy, It's a JRPG too, however, if you know, the FF13 didn't sell well in Japan, yet in Western Countries it Did well. It has to do with Culture and their way of thinking as you said. And it was the reason why Microsoft's XBox market fails in it.

It's not about a foreigner teaching Karate to a Japanese, or that they grew up with it, it's understanding it. the Asian market, and well, the Gaming Market as a whole has it's formulas, and their sensitive to change, one has to be careful and know the audience your trying to sell the product to.

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on creating an efficient system, however if you take a look at the trailer and see some of the visual novel mechanics you can have an Idea of how the final product will contain certain features ;)
Umm, no, the first thing people will look at as always is the images of the product immediately, all you have are images of the Battlesystem. Nothing more, nothing else, I watched your video, and all I see is a Battlesystem, that's it. There's no 'Visual Novel Mechanics' as I was hoping, and as you just wrote. I don't have any idea of what the product will have as you claim. I wasted 2:37 minutes watching it, and another 5 minutes analyzing and trying to understand what you meant. I don't see any Certain Features aside from a Battlesystem, which doesn't expand much.

And if I'm getting this right, your focus is on Gameplay at the moment. Then you'll at least have a Few Concept Ideas posted of what could appear, even if you don't have images of it, because every idea starts with a Concept, a Sketch, and I'm not seen that, all I'm seen is a Battlesystem. And it's command, and the use of skills that I've seen on any other rpg game.

I think I don't understand this one, can you explain? [/quote]
Your audience . . . you know, gaming indus-no, marketing as a whole, you target an Audience, and you sell that product to the audience, in the JRPG, or in this case, the Asian Gaming market, is your product targeted to the Female audience or to the male audience, is the target children, teens; I'm asking out of curiosity.

Hope to have them definitively :)
Ok, this was kinda answered with you working first on gameplay.

Too early to tell, code down before the pen.
Too early to tell? Ermm, I'm sure that before any idea, you write it down before working on it. <shrugs>. I dunno, I found that responce, umm, strange, since you replied to Yuyu on how you would pull the idea off, brought my interest on said gameplay mechanic, So I expected you had it written down, now I'm not sure.

As said before I want also to bring attention of these cultures over a different environment, though they're not my first focus also because not so many companies managed to enter in markets totally controlled by Japanese and you can take a look but not even Apple, one of the biggest brands which seduced the world (a brand I don't like personally), had a big success in Japan, the same goes for Microsoft, Cars and many other things.
Because where others failed had to do with alienating the audience? Other's success was with them knowing to who their selling?
But wait, so, let me get this straight, what I understand is that you're main target isn't the Otakus themselves, because how hard it is to suceed in the market and you say your product, your game is a JRPG, something that, targets the Otaku audience . . . . Otakus been either Japanese, or foreigners who like Anime & Manga and JRPGs. You say you want to bring a new environment to a culture, that is picky and get insulted with the mere idea of something different they'd rage about it to be your target yet it's not . . .
What I understood was, "I'm selling Sushi, when in reality I'm going to give you a roasted hamburger"  And say they aren't your target audience, when the product your selling specifically targets that audience . . . What kind of Logic is that!? Of course you'll fail in the Asian Gaming Marketing world, with that kind of plan, your screwing up with the Customer, and loose credibility!!!

That would be as if I say I'm drawing realistic portraits, and instead I sell them Cartoons, and tell the customer that they're not the people I'm instered in selling my artwork to, because I want to bring a new type of idea into an already established formula, separating from the norm completely.

The same thing happens with JRPGs that come to the Western Audience, and tend not to do good, because the western Audience is already comfortable with their Western Formula, they feel alinieated, They'll find it strange been a skinny teenager/or a skimpy cute almost-illegal-pre-teengirl saving the world or doing 'cute things', when their used to playing as Well-built, Adult, Valkyre-Like Man with their Guns and/or Swords beating the crap out of the Enemy with combo & violence in an action-packed-video-game. The same goes for the Eastern Audience vice-versa.

But, why am I saying all this, if you work in the industry, I'm sure you know this, why do I have to tell you this? Isn't it the norm to investigate and learn of an Idea to expand on it? You seem to have done your research on the market, to which I retreat and say sorry for thinking you didn't know anything about JRPGs, but then, I get this answer. And I'm left confuse, because it just creates a Hole with more questions.

But enough about that. Let me ask you; Why would you go so far as to say your game falls in the JRPG genre (wether it's an experiment on it or not) when the genre's target audience isn't your main concern? What is this "New Environment" that you speak of?"

Urban Fighter
Personally I don't understand why so interest in knowing this stuff and since I came here just to have advices about my game I seriously think we're goin' off topic with this. I sinply to create a product which will be enjoyable thanks to the feedback I'm receiving. What I wanted to tell by that thing is that a passion a thing started as a hobby can become a job and the passion of your life... but since this message wasn't received I will erase it.

If you think bout it everyone who creates a game with rpgmaker is half an indie, especially some indies I know... but that's another story.

I don't need to be credible, I wouldn't be using a nickname if I wanted :) , it's not even in my intention to be like that, I do hope my work will be though and that's why I'm here asking for feedback. And I'm appreciating each person's feedback, and also yours regarding story even if I already thought bout some of the mechanics.

Again my target is not mainly the Asian market, though I think a Jrpg has to have some Japanese things in it as an anime style or other things that I pretty like.

At the same time as you're asking me who I am, being ignorant about such a market and not knowing what I'm doing, I can ask you who are you to tell me I don't know that. Sure we can confront and talk about ideas but personally I do have studied the culture of East Asia and surely is not a Bachelor's degree in these topics that can tell this.

I do also have something to restate when you say you know the Asian Market, saying FF13 wasn't liked in Japan as outside, and then I found this data who says the opposite thing if we compare population and platform (PS3-X360).

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=final+fantasy+xiii&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200 (Xbox360 is not owned by many Japanese since most of the softhouses have contracts with sony)

Regarding the video, I am happy that you saw it again and again but as you said you've wasted your time since I said it was in the game trailer, which wasn't attached to this topic because of this Alpha stage.

Here it is though, used Galv's visual novel character style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wj6-YWtqbU

Visual novel style and dating sims are cool things to put as stretch goals (I do hope to reach it though) but non vital.

Surely Otakus can be my first target since many of the people who like rpgs also like this style. However there's some part of the market who doesn't go in that cathegory and just ask for another kind of experience which doesn't regard such a thing.

but, why am I saying all this, if you work in the industry, I'm sure you know this, why do I have to tell you this? Isn't it the norm to investigate and learn of an Idea to expand on it? You seem to have done your research on the market, to which I retreat and say sorry for thinking you didn't know anything about JRPGs, but then, I get this answer. And I'm left confuse, because it just creates a Hole with more questions.

But enough about that. Let me ask you; Why would you go so far as to say your game falls in the JRPG genre (wether it's an experiment on it or not) when the genre's target audience isn't your main concern? What is this "New Environment" that you speak of?"

Your last questions are pretty ok, the problem is that you forgot to think about an important detail: I said at the top of the topic, I have signed an NDA regarding this game which obliges me not to tell some things, every wise Indie company and company in general has people signing this kind of agreement because it's truly important. Mine covers: plot elements, important features, project final name, explicit target, coworkers, publisher etc... I can just show some images and general parts at this stage (before the official contract, hoping to sign it).

I don't find quite wise to violate an agreement and personally I'm not the person, so I hope I explained myself correctly. If you want to think it's an excuse you're free to do it.