RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game collections

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
As I had mentioned in another post, I collect video games. Specifically I collect console and handheld games. That's not because I hate PC or anything, but mostly just a matter of preference. Much of my collection from the N64/PS1-era is from my childhood, though unfortunately some of those games got lost or sold without my knowledge over time (which in the case of this game really sucks because it's doubtful I'll ever get a legit copy again).

Then a lot of the rest has come from friends and family who just don't want their games anymore for really cheap or even free - that's where I got my PSP and a bunch of NES games, for instance. And of course you can find a lot of really cheap games at garage sales if you're persistent enough to dig through the piles of Madden games from last millennium. One time I even managed to pick up a box of about 20 DS games for only $5, which is why I have some games like Personal Trainer: Cooking and Brain Boost: Beta Wave but the main reason I bought that box was because it had Chrono Trigger and two of the Castlevania games.

Unfortunately these days, game collecting is becoming more popular. Not to sound like a hipster. It just means that games, especially retro games, are becoming hugely inflated in price. I bought E.V.O. for $1.50 at a used media store about a decade ago, but now it sells for over $200 regularly. This also means those stores never have anything other than sports games and, in the case of the NES, all those bible games, which makes it really hard to find something worthwhile without turning to Amazon or Ebay, where prices are going to be high. And since I don't have much money lately, collecting for me has slowed a lot. I'll be picking up Smash Bros. on Friday, and that's going to be it for me for a while.

Anyway, enough of all that! Here's some pictures:

Spoiler for:
This is where all the consoles are set up in my living room. I cropped the picture because I'm dumb and my finger covered the top of it but nothing important was there anyway. I do own an actual SNES and NES, but they're both having issues so I put them away and have the Retron 5 set up instead. Works better for HDTV anyway.

Disc games!

Cartridge games!

Handheld games! These are in a different room, and the shelves are kind of a mess right now. So much dust! I keep all of my Game Boy and Game Boy Color games in cassette tape cases and print their box art off with modified dimensions to fit inside. You can see some of them here, but I still have a few more I still need to do.

So let's see your collections! Even if it's all digital, I'm always interested to see what other people have.
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
http://gametradellc.com/

This is the local shop that has an awesome selection. It's actually in the same building where I work.

I'll post my collection stuff later.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Hey, that's pretty cool. I hate how they have those stickers slapped across everything, though. That's almost as bad as Gamestop stickers. There's two used media stores here and their game selection is garbage, except for PS2. When I lived in Louisville there was a store there that had a decent selection. They even had some rare Dreamcast games, but everything was ridiculously overpriced. $15 for Super Mario Bros.+Duck Hunt is so stupid.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
seven bloody hells that is a lot of games, i'm wrecked with envy. Your SNES collection looks prime, a lot of snes cases are going missing over time, the only cased game I have is Super Castlevania IV

How much do you play them?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
The NES/SNES/N64 cases unfortunately aren't the real thing, they're just custom archival cases. It's way too expensive and nearly in some circumstances nearly impossible to actually find the boxes for them, so I just went the cheap route instead. But they look pretty nice though! Mostly I like that you can tell at a glance what game it is, especially for N64 games.

I don't get as much time to play games as I used to, what with school and having my son every other weekend, and everything, so lately I've been sticking to one game at a time. I think I told you before it took me almost a month just to get through Alien: Isolation which isn't a terribly long game. The cool thing about the retro games is most are pretty easy to just pick up and play for a while, so I can usually just squeeze in an SNES game for about 30 minutes every other day or so. Although I got the urge to play through Super Metroid again the other night and now I'm trying to convince myself that my Anatomy and Physiology homework is more important than Super Metroid ;9

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey, that's pretty cool. I hate how they have those stickers slapped across everything, though. That's almost as bad as Gamestop stickers. There's two used media stores here and their game selection is garbage, except for PS2. When I lived in Louisville there was a store there that had a decent selection. They even had some rare Dreamcast games, but everything was ridiculously overpriced. $15 for Super Mario Bros.+Duck Hunt is so stupid.
Gregg specifically purchases stickers that do not leave residue or damage boxes. they are very collector friendly stickers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:43:29 AM by strike »