RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
Anyone else optimistic and/or excited?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I haven't played any other than 2, so I don't know what to expect.
Are the others any good?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Me and my sister are going to go halfsies on it and play until our brains turn to mush. Also, that character customization looks amazing. 0_0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZilJMncZ6g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZilJMncZ6g</a>

Apparently it has a multiplayer mode. Maybe me and Dr. Mc can turn our brains to mush at the same time, then. ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I haven't played any other than 2, so I don't know what to expect.
Are the others any good?

The first one was pretty good, even if it does get repetitive. The story in 2 sucked, especially if you played a rogue, but at least it was still mostly fun to play (unless you're a rogue) because the combat is better.

Inquisition seems like it will actually be a big improvement, but it's EA-owned Bioware, so I'm wary of getting excited at all about it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:28:14 AM by haloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I think I actually liked the second one a little better overall. The characters look pretty awesome and I can actually give them a personality (that they continuously use). I also liked the way the story was told, and the characters had a bit more charm to them. It really did suck to have such a small world to explore, though. The whole game was based in one town and it really seemed like the creators struggled to squeeze everything in one place, because they were too constrained to make many other maps or something. The "world" travel screen looks pretty empty and sad.

That being said, the ability to change the intro of the first was amazing. Back in the day, I was blown away by it. Now, going back to the first is really challenging for me. As Halo said, it can get repetitive, but the main thing for me is how slow the game is and that it makes me want to fall asleep. I hope they can recapture the same sense of adventure and choice from the first, only with a little more excitement.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, having it set in just one town was probably the biggest downside. Both games were fun for me though, don't get me wrong. They just both have their share of faults. Overall I liked the second game better. It certainly wasn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I got really fucking tired of fighting spiders in a cave in dragon age 2
I loved the first game, and I'm not really expecting much out of Inquisition. I bet it'll be average at best imo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:04:47 PM by The Mighty Kamina »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
Yeah, I preferred the first one too. The second was good too, but I did not really like any of the companions except Varric and I thought the story was a bit disjointed and difficult to immerse myself in. The first half of the game was just doing chores to make money so that you could invest it and make more money. And the recycled environments kind of took the joy out of exploring in the second and third acts.

Still, I thought both games were fun, and I am excited for Inquisition.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:49:30 AM by modern algebra »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dr. Mc is playing it right now and I'm waiting for my turn. ._.

After the impossibly long phase of making a character, of course. It was pretty amazing, aside from the limited decent hairstyles for female characters (unless you're into 10 different kinds of buzz-bald haircuts). We noticed a lot of graphical flunks, and they generally don't seem to have an improvement from DA2. Honestly, that may be because we got it for xbox 360.

The story doesn't seem to be off at a bad start. We'll see where this goes, though. B) At least they finally threw in Cullen as a companion! ...His face looks a little scary now. ._.

And Varric is back! :]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]