RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Secrets of Kankara - Updated for VX Ace

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Just wanted to update everyone on a new feature I just coded in (and one that surprisingly is simple), it's 'Regional Windowskins'.
Basically, the appearance of the menu will change, depending one what place you're in. For example: If you're in a forested area, it may look like leaves and green, if you're under water, it may look blue and with water-like designs.
I'm still in the process of implementation, but so far it looks very promising.
Check out

Rep:
Level 83
Nice!  I've played most of the way through the water palace and taken plenty of notes.  My goal is to at least get through that dungeon and then give you all my feedback.  The game looks promising, but it needs a lot of polish.

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Ok, my post screwed up somehow lol (when I quoted you, it replaced my message with yours)
The stuff I'm adding in is mostly graphical, I probably won't be adding areas until your review is finished, so then I can polish it up and keep your notes as a base checklist. No real rush though, I've been taking my time on it lately.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Hey everyone! Jaden here. Just wanted to update you guys on what I've been doing as of late in terms of the project. As you all know I've been working on this project for a long while (maybe you didn't know that lol), and it's an ongoing process. I recently finished concepts for bosses and boss-pairs, though haven't added them yet. I also have been adding side quests and mini-games, as well as a mining system (to get materials for the smith's workbenches). While these new features won't be in the demo version, I thought everyone would like to know what will be in the final game when it's finished.
I've also been working hard on areas and map finalizing, since some of the maps in the demo are rather plain and bare (like Nemus), adding trees and flowers to make it a more full forest as it should've been from the beginning.

Two things for everyone as well, I have a bit of an announcement regarding the demo itself:
There are three secret items in the demo:
The Harp, which allows you to play songs for effects (though the version in the demo will change probably, and uses a script that someone wrote in inspiration to zelda).
Band of The Warrior, Which increases your damage output.
& Gauntlets of Defense, Which increases your defense.

Enchanted armors like the Band of The Warrior, and the Gauntlets of Defense can only be equipped one at a time, so you can't have both at the same time.

How to get these items? All I will say is it requires some bombs and waiting through the credits (after it takes you back to the game), the where is for you to find ;)

I also added a short video showing some of the music in the game, not all of it is in the demo, though.
Also, on that note, I realize that some are downloading the project strictly for the audio, you have to check the ending credits in the game to see their usage stipulations, as most of them are in the creative commons under a CC-BY or CC-BY-SA License, both of which require a link to the artist's page.
Also, some of the music that is/will be used in the game was obtained through license purchasing, so not all of what's in their can be used legally unless you pay for it like I did. If it's not creative commons, it probably isn't safe to use without the license. Just a friendly warning, take heed or not.

Well, I think that's about all I will post for now, happy hunting/playing, and I will try to keep everyone up to speed on the development of the game as I work on it.

Thanks for your interest, and thanks for playing!

-Jaden
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:10:45 PM by Jaden »
Check out

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Glad to see you're still working on this! :-) So, that's where you've been! :O
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Glad to see you're still working on this! :-) So, that's where you've been! :O
Yes, indeed lol. Lots of new features have been added so the complexity is a bit more than originally was there, but that's a good thing.
The biggest struggle so far was finding enemy and boss sprites but now that's pretty much taken care of so I'll be able to focus entirely on maps, feature integration, and the like.
I'm glad people are sticking around with me lol I thought that my silence may have been a bit detrimental, but now that the worst is pretty much over, I should be able to update more often with news.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Wow, I forgot to update this last year with news? Now I feel kinda bad lol.

Ok So, a lot actually happened last year that hasn't been updated here for some reason, so I'll give everyone the short version:

Kankara had been put on hold (as the topic seemed to have indicated in it's edited title) because I didn't have the time I needed to work on the game. Recently, I've come back to the project, however, and am once again working on it. I apologize if anyone was in the dark on these facts as a result of my apparent neglect to explain myself at the time, but rest assured, I'm still going (after a break, shall I say).
The downloads for the game are still valid, but if they ever go down, just let me know, I will endeavor to check on these topics while I work.
Check out