RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GAME DESIGN RESOURCE: Reverse Design Series

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I just finished reading a book called Reverse Design: Super Mario World. It's a 200+ page analysis of the mechanics, patterns and level progressions that make up the game.

The book takes a fairly unique approach in its analysis by categorizing the game's types of challenges into different "skill themes" that expand, evolve and mutate throughout the game: moving targets, preservation of momentum, periodic enemies and intercepts. It takes a look at almost every level and demonstrates how most levels are based on one of these themes, and breaks down how the challenges in each level progress and how that relates to the greater progression of the theme.

That likely made no sense, but it will if you read the book. Highly recommended to anyone interested in game design. I feel like it's helped me a lot and am eager to try designing a game with my newfound knowledge.

The author also did an analysis of Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger, which I've yet to read.

You can read the article versions for free, but .pdf versions are also available for purchase. The .pdf versions contain a little bit of extra information, but I just bought them to help support the author.

Check it out

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I took a quick glance, and that shit looks pretty legit yo

Will def keep tabs :) Thanks, Irockizzle
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I picked the acceleration flow part, and it's a pretty good read. o.o Makes a lot of sense honestly
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 34

Is a post I read on it beyond words. I do not have the words to explain it better. It is very good to know. For sure in the knowledge that there is a variety of the other.

Rep: +0/-0Level 33
RMRK Junior
Request permission to propose. It's quite useful.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I think they just got married guys o.o

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That's beautiful. ;~;
Request permission to cry. That was quite touching.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spoiler for:
boe becomes king at the end of 2015 :boe:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]