RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So frustrating!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Don't take the lack of attention personally. It's not necessarily that people aren't interested, but rather...busy. A lot of us are in college, some are working, some are married with children and stuff. It's totally possible that no one even has time to download and play it. It would be wise to consider "peak" times of the year for your target audience. Look at how dead rmrk has been up until maybe last week. It shows that everyone is extremely busy, and would probably not be the best time for a release. Personally, I saw your topic but I didn't have time to really even read it. I mean, look, im posting at 3AM lol. I usually download a few rpg maker demos during winter break, so I'll give yours a chance then too.

Don't give up!

Rep:
Level 83
I noticed that when you first released the game, you were quick to get frustrated that people weren't downloading it, even after 2 weeks.  That's not a very long amount of time.  I hope you'll not make a pattern of that.  You seem like a passionate game-maker, but getting frustrated really turns people off. 

I've currently got almost 6000 views of my project and less than 400 downloads...  Believe me, it's frustrating.  And that's for a game that has 3 "above average" reviews and has been featured on Jayisgames.  But don't give up!  Just stay involved in game-making communities in ways outside your game, and then keep promoting.  :-)

-flap

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I noticed that when you first released the game, you were quick to get frustrated that people weren't downloading it, even after 2 weeks.  That's not a very long amount of time.  I hope you'll not make a pattern of that.  You seem like a passionate game-maker, but getting frustrated really turns people off.

Now that you mention it...I do remember glancing through that topic and had that exact same thought through my head. ._.

But a lot of it really is the time factor. I admit that I don't often play anyone's games, and when I do, it's usually because I have an excuse to - such as contests or GIAWs, etc. I really do want to have more time to actually play some of the games around here, though! I'd definitely like to help whip up some more events 'round here. I've got ideas, and I can come up with some more if the previous ones don't work. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]