RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Eternal Destiny Remake Updated 11/8/2014 Bug fix

Rep:
Level 86
Lightning charged swords are good for RPG's
DISCLAIMER and Content Warning:
First of all other than fantasy violence, blood and mild language this game also contains non-sexual nudity and is recommended for mature audiences. If you are offended by this then please DO NOT PLAY this game or REPLY TO this post or COMMENT.

I REALLY hope this is okay with the mods. I would have asked but I didn't feel like waiting for an answer. Don't get me fro this please or I hope not. I was already nervous about posting this. I just wanted to share the demo of remake.

About the original Eternal Destiny:

This is a remake of a complete game I made a few years back. I did not redo it exactly how it was. I chose to remake it because I felt I could do better and I got better ideas. I took peoples advice on how to make it better. Right now this is a demo of the remake. I remade it with RPG Maker VX Ace for more script and mapping options.

Spoiler for:
Please note this is the best I can explain it without too many spoilers. I am not good at explaining my stories.

Spoiler for:
There are more characters than this. I can't post all of them to avoid spoilers.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
Scripts:
            Luna Engine by: Archeia, Yami, Neon Black and rhyme

Battle Symphony

Mog Weather Ex

Effect Manager and Shap Shift by Tsukihime

Individual Equipment and Equipment that levels up by Fomar0153

No Auto Shadows by Neon Black

Mog Event Sensor Range

Picture Bug Fix by Raizen884

TDS BattlebackStretch

In-Depth Maps by FenixFyreX

Khas Awesome Light Effects

Yanfly Engine Ace Ace Message System

Graphics:
            The Luna Engine Graphics and window skin are from the premade factory demo I bought with Luna Engine and were made by Archeia and Caz I think.

The cut scene style was inspired by Phantasy Star 4 it was my friend’s idea to make them smaller.

Mack Characters and Mack Character Generator

Inquistor’s Tilesesets

Cool Text logo generator site for the title words

Also I did not make the background of the title screen I just resized it and pasted my character with in it. So if anyone knows who made the original title image please let me know so I can credit them.

Music:

I think it was made by Tukito. The site was Japanese and if anyone knows for sure who made the music please let me know so I can give the right person credit.
                        Known issues:
            There may be grammar and spelling errors that I missed but I tried very hard to go through and find them all. Also there is a part in the game where I forgot something was mentioned earlier and didn’t realize it until I uploaded that so hopefully everyone could look passed that. It has been fixed already.

When healing outside of battle the selection curser is bigger than the menu for some reason. It has magic on the menu marked as physical and special marked as magic for some reason. Also there is no indication of who's turn it is during battle for some reason so just look at the skills when the command comes up to see who's turn it is. I am using Luna Engine and I am unsure how to fix these three errors so if anyone knows how I can fix it let me know please.

Special thanks to lianderson for touching up two of the story events.

Please keep in the remake is still under development so things will change and be revised.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:24:19 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!
I must be honest by saying that this
game looks pretty neat, and I love the art.
But why are you using such immensely large
photos for the textbox pictures of your characters??

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you. I am using large photos for the text box pictures because I like them better than face sets :)

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry for the double post. I just want to let everyone know that I updated the demo.  However if you played til the end of the first demo you need to start over because I completely changed what happened on the ship if you got that far.

Also for those who might find the Shrine of Lore confusing:

Spoiler for:
There is a secret door in the study just go up to the chain thingy on the wall facing up and press the key.[\spoiler]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
First of all, no we don't mind minor nudity - especially if non-sexual. In fact, I'm pretty sure we even allow sexual games, as long as they contain warnings and do not show explicit screenshots in the RPG Maker section of the forums. Most people here probably wouldn't play those anywa-- Oh, who am I kidding?

Anyways, you don't have to worry about showing butts or anything. What you're doing seems to be pretty mild (especially compared to most games out there!) It's appreciated that you have a content warning up, but there's really no need to make it so big and drastic! :] You can leave it as the normal font size, maybe bolded or in red letters if you really want people to notice it. I think most of our members are adults anyways, or mature enough not to get offended easily.

I haven't gotten around to the demo yet, but I already see that the font looks a bit off... I think the default outline is still on, even though you're using black text? I've had that issue before. If you wish to remove it, you can try adding this just before in "Main" in the scripts section:

Code: [Select]
Font.default_outline = false

(^ From Shaz of rpgmakerweb.com!)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you. I am actually using Yanfly's Message system. After that being said I went into the script and found that as an option in his/her script. So I'll have that outline gone in the next update hopefully. Thank you for pointing that I appreciate it. So I'll see if changing that to false in Yanfly's script also helps. It'll defiantly make it easier to read.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Alrighty, I played through a lot of the demo (I think), and it's starting to get late and I need to go to bed soon. D: Here's my notes:

Spoiler for:
===============
Polish
===============
==Visuals==
-The conversation screens look pretty cool! A little confusing, but neat!
-Oooh, very pretty menus! I see you got the Luna Engine. :]
-I do like the tileset! The dirt surrounding the grass autotile is a bit strange, though. Not really a big deal, though. In some areas, it adds character.
-On-map houses, eh? I like it!

==Audio==
-Good choice on the title screen song!
-Good choice for cutscene music, too!
-The engima-beast castle's background song is a little repetitive and started to hurt my ears. D:

===============
Playability
===============
==Mechanics==
-Nice use of TP/Rage!
-Ooh neat. What was that "S" button talk thing? I liked it!
-I like the menu, but it only shows 3/4 of my party members at a time. D:

==Gameplay==
-I think the heal should be a bit stronger. The enigma beast is doing about the same damage as I can heal. D: Also, the potion. I tried it, but it was just as bad at healing me. ...Wait? Was I supposed to die? o.o
-Terrible FPS drop on the world map screen. What's going on? I'm only getting 3-4 FPS. O_O Would seriously recommend locating the source - perhaps several parallel processes that aren't terminated? The general rule of thumb is to keep games above 30 FPS (press F2 to have FPS display on the game window). I like to keep my games above 50 FPS, 60 is basically no lag.
-A few tile bugs in the Star Temple entry map (such as the tiles around the water going over my head).
-I can't seem to find out the correct order of the switches or fires. Is it supposed to be listed somewhere? I've just been guessing!
-I can't tell who I'm commanding in battle?

===============
Writing
===============
==Dialogue==
-Minor grammar errors, such as missed commas.
-Some of the dialogue is a bit awkward. I think using pauses between sentences might help pace things a bit (I tend to read the text as it spills out). The pauses are these things: \.
-The scene where...ahem...so-and-so dies (no spoilers) can be a bit more dramatic. D:

===============
Other Notes
===============
-Sengal writes? Now, this I wasn't expecting... WAIT. About ponies? What's going on here? o_o
-Sengal is a jerk. ._. Especially to his mom.
-Pretty quick shift to the castle where I'm going to hunt the beast. Slightly awkward cutscene.
-Who are those red dragons?! I thought they were gonna fight me! D:
-Sorsha is pretty! :)
-The battle with Nixon takes waaaay too long.
-Might wanna be careful about the Sengal transformation picture and maybe cut it just a little higher. The picture looks to be showing some of his penis. o_o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 86
Alrighty, I played through a lot of the demo (I think), and it's starting to get late and I need to go to bed soon. D: Here's my notes:

Spoiler for:
===============
Polish
===============
==Visuals==
-The conversation screens look pretty cool! A little confusing, but neat!
-Oooh, very pretty menus! I see you got the Luna Engine. :]
-I do like the tileset! The dirt surrounding the grass autotile is a bit strange, though. Not really a big deal, though. In some areas, it adds character.
-On-map houses, eh? I like it!

==Audio==
-Good choice on the title screen song!
-Good choice for cutscene music, too!
-The engima-beast castle's background song is a little repetitive and started to hurt my ears. D:

===============
Playability
===============
==Mechanics==
-Nice use of TP/Rage!
-Ooh neat. What was that "S" button talk thing? I liked it!
-I like the menu, but it only shows 3/4 of my party members at a time. D:

==Gameplay==
-I think the heal should be a bit stronger. The enigma beast is doing about the same damage as I can heal. D: Also, the potion. I tried it, but it was just as bad at healing me. ...Wait? Was I supposed to die? o.o
-Terrible FPS drop on the world map screen. What's going on? I'm only getting 3-4 FPS. O_O Would seriously recommend locating the source - perhaps several parallel processes that aren't terminated? The general rule of thumb is to keep games above 30 FPS (press F2 to have FPS display on the game window). I like to keep my games above 50 FPS, 60 is basically no lag.
-A few tile bugs in the Star Temple entry map (such as the tiles around the water going over my head).
-I can't seem to find out the correct order of the switches or fires. Is it supposed to be listed somewhere? I've just been guessing!
-I can't tell who I'm commanding in battle?

===============
Writing
===============
==Dialogue==
-Minor grammar errors, such as missed commas.
-Some of the dialogue is a bit awkward. I think using pauses between sentences might help pace things a bit (I tend to read the text as it spills out). The pauses are these things: \.
-The scene where...ahem...so-and-so dies (no spoilers) can be a bit more dramatic. D:

===============
Other Notes
===============
-Sengal writes? Now, this I wasn't expecting... WAIT. About ponies? What's going on here? o_o
-Sengal is a jerk. ._. Especially to his mom.
-Pretty quick shift to the castle where I'm going to hunt the beast. Slightly awkward cutscene.
-Who are those red dragons?! I thought they were gonna fight me! D:
-Sorsha is pretty! :)
-The battle with Nixon takes waaaay too long.
-Might wanna be careful about the Sengal transformation picture and maybe cut it just a little higher. The picture looks to be showing some of his penis. o_o

Thank you yuyu. I had to re upload the demo though because one of my friends said it was freezing during the ship scene
Also:
Spoiler for:
Sorry about the transformation scene I draw the people and boxes sepreatly and I draw the full body shot just so I know where every thing is. I really met to cut off all of the penis when I shrunk the picture. So that was an accident I'll make the picture higher up or block it with a torn garment. Thank you for pointing that. I really didn't mean to show even a little bit of that.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think it's great that you're using custom art, and I don't want to discourage you from that. However, I do think you could use a bit of practice with shading. Your characters lack definite light sources.

This video goes into some detail about lighting and rendering forms. The whole site is full of useful info and I'd recommend checking out his other videos as well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:46:08 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 86
Hi, Acolyte thank you for the reply but it is too late to change the art. Not to sound lazy but I really do not feel like recoloring everything. I think the shading is okay. Although I do admit I am not the best artist in the world. Any way I really hope you enjoy the demo if you plan to play it. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Well I guess if that's how you really feel about it bro. :/

Just one thing:
I think the shading is okay.

It really isn't. And I don't say that to be mean. Your "shading" is random and sloppy. If you're ok with that, that's your prerogative. But let's not kid ourselves here.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Plan game -> Make assets -> Create framework for game -> Polish graphics -> Polish Gameplay -> Polish graphics -> Add more content -> Polish graphics
Until satisfied, or until sun explodes.
Each game created is a learning experience, even games that are not completed help you learn and grown as a game creator.
Please do no limit yourself. Remeber ~

"Reach for the heavens, your pencil will be the pencil that pierces the heavens."
(The bible; Lascivious 26:3)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Well I guess if that's how you really feel about it bro. :/

Just one thing:
I think the shading is okay.

It really isn't. And I don't say that to be mean. Your "shading" is random and sloppy. If you're ok with that, that's your prerogative. But let's not kid ourselves here.

I know you didn't say that to be mean and I wasn't going to say anything to avoid driving people away. But I worked very hard on the artwork and it bothers me a little not a lot that you don't think I did work hard on it. I a not asking for praise or anything but if you do not like my art work then don't comment. Sorry if that is rude or harsh.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I'm not saying you didn't work hard. I'm saying you have a lot of room for improvement. And I'm sorry, but if you didn't want criticism, why are you posting this online in the first place?

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry I don't mind criticism I just feel like your expecting way too much from me. I feel like I am being forced to change things I don't want to change. I feel like you so no improvement in my art from the last time I used custom art that's all.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Art is about always striving to do better. You're at a point where you think your art is good because it's better than what you've done in the past. You don't think you need to improve anymore. As an artist, you should always strive to learn and improve. You can't just say "well, I think it's good" and call it a day. You'll never learn anything like that.

I can't force you to do anything. I'm just saying, in my personal opinion, I think you'd be better off using or editing other people's resources until your skills are a bit more honed.

Rep:
Level 86
I don't want to use other peoples resources. There are certain ways I want my characters to look. I never said I didn't want to improve. Don't tell me to other peoples resources I want to use mine. There are certain ways I want my characters to look. The fact that you think I should use other peoples resources is hurtful to me. I am done talk to you if you're going to be that way.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
but it is too late to change the art. Not to sound lazy but I really do not feel like recoloring everything. I think the shading is okay.

It's never too late to improve upon something you're making and deciding when to release. So you may not be trying to sound lazy, but that's all it is. If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right and to the best of your ability. And that means redoing something if you know there's a way to do it with better results. The shading is not okay. You know that and everyone else knows it. What you have may be passable, but do you really just want to settle for passable, or do you want to actually do something that is interesting and appealing?

The way it is now, people will go "Oh, he did his own art. That's commendable. I wish he didn't, though."

You can do better, and you know you can do better. You say so yourself here:

This is a remake of a complete game I made a few years back. I did not redo it exactly how it was. I chose to remake it because I felt I could do better and I got better ideas. I took peoples advice on how to make it better.

You're remaking a game you made before because you feel you can do better. So in a few years are you going to remake it again because you feel you could do better than you did this time? If you do the best you possibly can now, there won't be a need for that. "I took peoples advice on how to make it better." Maybe you should do that.
:tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Alright fine, I tried to be nice. I'm just going to come out and say it. Your story, your art, everything about your game is awful. I was trying to be as gentle about this as possible, but I don't think you're really getting it.

Your profile says you joined in 2007, but from the looks of it, you haven't improved all that much from even the most bog-standard newbie rpg maker fare. If you're only wanting to make a game for your personal enjoyment, that's fine, whatever. But just from the fact that you're posting it online and putting it out for the world to see, I'm assuming that you want other people to enjoy your game as well. If you want anyone else to play and enjoy your games at all, I'd suggest looking up some guides on how to be a good storyteller as well as learning some basic artistic principles like the ones I was trying to help you out with earlier.

I suggested other resources because you don't have to be an artist to make a good game. There's no shame in using pre-existing resources. Using premade resources doesn't automatically make your game bad, just as using custom art doesn't automatically make your game good.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you halo. I know I need thicker skin. It's just hard for not to get upset sometimes and I tend to forget why I am doing something. I'll see what I can do about the shading, I just really want to release the game and I guess I kind of rushed it a little. I do want to get better though. Drawing takes forever but I might as well go back and recolor the stuff rather I want to  or not. I just get exteremly stressed out when I have to do something.

Acolyte that is kind of rude. Please tell me what is wrong with my game's story nicely and constructively.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:57:34 PM by Pinky »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I just get exteremly stressed out when I have to do something.
Then don't? If you aren't happy making your game then why are you making it? RPG maker is a hobby tool, it's a toy. I make games because I enjoy making the game. Along the way I hope to improve and gain the ability to make even better games.
As I said before ~

"Reach for the heavens, your pencil will be the pencil that draws the true face of the gods."
(The bible; Micky 31:4)

Acolyte that is kind of rude. Please tell me what is wrong with my game's story nicely and constructively.
I don't agree about the being rude part at all, but Aco could you post a few examples?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
I am making the game because it is fun. It's just have to redraw or recolor everything that is stressing me. But right now I am thinking rather or not I want to change the story because I really like what I have. Although I do agree it could have more features. I just don't know how to use certain scripts to be honest. I really want to improve I just really like how some of my characters came out. But I completely understand that there is room to improve and all I can do is keep trying. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I could nitpick the story, but at this point I don't think I can help you. We've already discussed privately that you have some issues that keep you from writing and drawing effectively. I was not aware of that and I apologize. I think if you want to continue your project the way you want to do it, it's fine. All you can do is try your best, and always strive to improve.

Rep:
Level 86
It's okay Acolyte I just need thicker skin. I need to quit worrying about what others might think and worry about having fun and enjoying making the game. I admit I will probably never make a game that will hit the spot light but at least I have fun with RPG Maker :)

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry for the double post I just want to let you know Acolyte you were right.  I took my time redraw Sengal and color and shade it and this is it what came of it:

I know it probably still needs improvements but that's what critic is for. Just please be constructive everyone and I will not be mad.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No need to apologize for double-posts!

Anyways...that looks much better! The proportions have certainly improved! :) I actually just got done sending a pm to you with artsy tips before I even looked at this thread. I think the shading is getting better, but the *"sun" trick might help out. I'm not shading expert, honestly (Dr. Mc is much better at that than I am).
*I think I explained the "sun" trick in the pm - I basically just draw a little sun where the light source is coming from and then shade lighter as I get closer to it.

It looks like you're already coloring it digitally - in which case, you're already ahead of the crowd. I can't tell you how much it helped me and my sister to switch to digital art. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you very much. I'll try the sun technique.

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!
Nicely done, Pinky. That looks so much better!
I could see like strange white outlines around him before.
The revamp is good, nice work.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you bethesdacam! I'll do my best to take my time with the cut scenes and other characters. I started writing out the story so I don't forget what I want to do and will have better and more polished game. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
You're getting better. Good job.  :)

I always learn best from example, so I thought I'd show you how I would shade the armor.

Try to think of everything in 3D. You want to create forms, not shapes.

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry if this reply was late I had my college classes 2PM to 8PM and it takes about an half hour to get home. Anyway thank you for showing me how to shade armor I greatly appreciate it. :)