RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] YEM Item Overhaul Modification request

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Lord of Amaranthion
Hello everyone. I'm in need of another request.

I'm using YEM Item Overhaul and I need a small change done to it. When using the <custom data> string in YEM, it only has enough room for up to 4 but if (for example) a piece of your armor has resistance for 3 or more effects/elements, the <custom data> string doesn't appear.

I was wondering if it would be possible to (while said item is selected) to bring up another window, after a button is pushed, that brings up any and all info on said info, including <custom data> strings. Reason being, is all of my items always include at least 3 major <custom data> strings: Level, class requirement, and "rarity." Sadly, with RMVX's limit on stat bonuses, it only shows the standard 500 cap which is why I have to throw in a "bonuses" <custom data> as well.

Here is an image of what it currently looks like. As I stated, I need a window that pops up with any and all data on weapons, armor and items, including <custom data>, Dex and Res (since I'm using that script) and the Disassemble Script from KGC. If a demo or the script is needed, please let me know. I'm not sure how used YEM still is.

EDIT: Removed the demo as request as been fulfilled.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:28:02 PM by Destinynite1 »

Lord of Amaranthion

Lord of Amaranthion
Bump again.

Lord of Amaranthion
Bump. This is the last thing I need for my project D:

Lord of Amaranthion
Please, I'm in real need of this.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Please post the script.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lord of Amaranthion
I included a demo on the bottom. It has all the scripts that would need to be seen, which is 5 scripts.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't have RMVX to open it with.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lord of Amaranthion
Alright. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: Yanfly Item Overhaul http://pastebin.com/gbjKzLBp

EDIT2: Thats the main script. I can use a ton of custom data strings to make everything else show up.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:11:50 AM by Destinynite1 »

Lord of Amaranthion
Bumping to keep post alive

Rep:
Level 96
idk try lowering this or something
:fontsize     => 16,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lord of Amaranthion
I've already tried that and it still doesn't have enough room for all the info I need

Lord of Amaranthion
Bump. Keeping thread alive and still looking for a solution.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think you need to add a new vocab category to this part maybe?

Code: [Select]

# This adjusts the settings shown for equipment. Adjust as you see fit. For
    # :shown_stats, valid stats to be shown are as follows:
    #   :hp, :mp, :atk, :def, :spi, :res, :dex, :agi
    EQUIP_DATA ={
      :properties   => "Attributes",
      :gold_value   => true,
      :fontsize     => 16,
      :shown_stats  => [:hp, :mp, :atk, :def, :spi, :res, :dex, :agi],
      :ele_weapon   => "Adds",
      :ele_armour   => "Guards",
      :state_weapon => "Applies",
      :state_armour => "Resists",
    } # Do not remove this.

I'm not 100% sure though as I'm not a scripter.
Personally, I'd upgrade to Ace. YEM isn't supported anymore and Yanfly's Ace scripts improve on pretty much all of his VX scripts.

Lord of Amaranthion
I've spent 6 years on my project. Thats why I'm not swapping to Ace.

And I need an entirely new window, not to add anything. There isn't enough room for everything to show up so why would I add something when it wouldn't show up in the first place?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:56:19 PM by Destinynite1 »

Rep:
Level 79
I have a solution for you that I already use in my own game. I've attached a script by Icy back from his rpgmakervx.net days, a little gem called Extended Item Description. It basically adds an entirely separate window that works akin to the message system where you can add whatever you like using note tags. The only thing instead of reading the actual stats you just have to manually specify in the text what the item does. I went ahead and checked out if it was compatible with your scripts and it is, only works in the item menu.
.: Current Project :.

Lord of Amaranthion
Oh that's amazing. It works beautifully. Thank you so much.

EDIT: Is there a way to make a separate line or do I have to space it out and hope for the best? Lol.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:38:14 AM by Destinynite1 »

Rep:
Level 79
Well for that version it is use space and hope for the best, unfortunately. I think it's more for a run-on text description instead of specifics. He also did another version (my favorite) that utilizes the message window directly so it is much easier to format and while you lose the cute little icon at the top and the whole 'custom window' thing you can use text control codes with this one for color, variables, etc so there is a lot more you can do with it. Attached below!

By the way, don't mean to hijack your request but since you are using YEM, I was wondering if you had any Yanfly Engine 6 scripts laying around? Namely this one: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvx/battle-scripts/battle-stats/ I can't seem to find the latest version anywhere, sigh. 

Lord of Amaranthion
The only Battle Stats script I have only has Dex and Res. I don't have FOC or LUK.

EDIT: I have the Melody 1.00m collection that comes with the 2010.06.20 release of Battle Stats. I don't have any other versions of any of the YEM scripts.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:44:45 PM by Destinynite1 »

Rep:
Level 79
Aw, no problem don't worry about it! Hope everything is working out for you and good luck with your project! ^^

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

And I need an entirely new window, not to add anything. There isn't enough room for everything to show up so why would I add something when it wouldn't show up in the first place?

I was just trying to offer some advice, jeez.
You said you tried making the font smaller. I thought you were having trouble getting other variables to show up so you thought you needed a new window.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:07:27 PM by Acolyte »

Lord of Amaranthion

I was just trying to offer some advice, jeez.
You said you tried making the font smaller. I thought you were having trouble getting other variables to show up so you thought you needed a new window.

Well the way YEM Item Overhaul worked, I was able to put extra info into the item window, but having resists and what not, cancelled those extra item tags. Thats why I needed a new I new window, to make sure everything came up properly.

Aw, no problem don't worry about it! Hope everything is working out for you and good luck with your project! ^^

I'm sorry I couldn't help you on that end. I wish you luck on finding those and on your project :D