RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zelda File Display With Opening Title [XP]

Rep:
Level 75
Moose Warrior of the Moose Brigade
This isn't so much requesting a script from scratch, but rather asking to make 2 scripts compatible with each other.

I'm making a Legend Of Zelda fan game, and I'm using Albertfish's Zelda File Display. It works and looks nice, but it lags unfortunately. However, I want to have an opening title screen instead of just going straight to the file selection screen. I've also experimented with Heretic's Animated Title Scenes With Events in another project and I really like the way that script is put together. But that script uses the default RPGXP style title menu.

I would like to be able to have an animated opening, whether it's with events or not, and then when I press Enter the screen would go to the file display. Heretic's Animated Title Scenes script would also play a demo or prologue if you didn't press any button for a certain amount of time on the opening scene. That feature would be nice to have on this game too.

The Project Zelda Engine has a title screen like what I am looking for, but the scripts are formatted very differently and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it on my project. I do not excel in the scripting department.

If there was a way to insert the codes from the Zelda File Display script into the other script and replace the default RPGXP style opening menu in the Animated Title Scenes script. Would this work? Is anyone brave enough to do this or am I asking too much? It would be greatly appreciated if someone took a shot at this. Credit will be given to those who help.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:42:42 PM by Wrinkle »
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Why don't you just event the titlescreen completely? It would allow you to open any menus you want after displaying any amount of animated sequence. Just get any title skip script, and then choose a starting map and have all the events run in whatever order you want.

Rep:
Level 75
I thought about that, but I don't know how to make it show all the file information, or actually load the files via eventing. When you first select a new file, it asks you to insert the name, then it saves the file itself with that name and returns to the file screen. Then when you choose that newly created file it takes you to the party starting position. (in case you haven't played Zelda) If someone could give me a few pointers about how to do that with events then i'm set.

I'll put a link here as a preview for Albertfish's script and what i'm basically looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KfK3s1HLqA

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Uhm, you don't need to do any of that. Just keep Albertfish's script added, add the title skip script, choose a starting map and create the animated intro thing (adding all the fancy features you wanted) when you press enter, do something like $scene = Scene_Title.new

I cannot find the script on google (his website link is megaupload) so I can't tell you exactly what to put. The point is to create the animated scene, and have enter redirect to the file system scene.

Rep:
Level 75
Alright i'll try that, and if you want to give those scripts a look through i'll include both scripts in the attachments.

Rep:
Level 75
When I use $scene = Scene_Title.new the opening just repeats itself over and over again.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You might have already seen this, but the Project Zelda Engine can do what you want and a ton more.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
That's because you used the animated title script xD you're supposed to event it and make the event go to the file scene when you press enter. It's really not hard but it can be confusing if you have never evented a title screen. Either way, I will take a look at the scripts later today now that I have them xD

Rep:
Level 75
But I tried making it go to the title screen D : the animated title screen seems to over power the Zelda file script. Thanks for taking time to look at it tho!

And yes I have fooled around with the Project Zelda Engine, but I don't know how to get just the title screen scripts in my game.