RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fan Game: Mist of Memory

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
... much more widely supported in the way of scripts...

I just wanted to make sure. You are aware that RM2k3 doesn't have any kind of script support right? You can't add scripts or change how the games run. You can import resources and use events. XP was the first RPG maker to include scripts. The ones before that (95 and 2k) did not have scripts.

I was just wondering because earlier you implied they should find some "RM2k3" scripts, which doesn't exist, and now are implying that more people support scripts for XP and up, and that is completely true as RM2k3, as stated before, doesn't have script support.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Maybe you guy are right. Although I have no idea how to script, and variables confused the heck out of me until I figured them out. I'll try RPG Maker XP's Demo. I just hope I can port my already made maps.

I tried to download it twice and both time I downloaded it I got this error:

And thinking about when I original tried to download RPG Maker I tried to get a better one first but RPG Maker XP wouldn't work so I got RPG Maker 2003.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:29:28 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
... much more widely supported in the way of scripts...

I just wanted to make sure. You are aware that RM2k3 doesn't have any kind of script support right? You can't add scripts or change how the games run. You can import resources and use events. XP was the first RPG maker to include scripts. The ones before that (95 and 2k) did not have scripts.

I was just wondering because earlier you implied they should find some "RM2k3" scripts, which doesn't exist, and now are implying that more people support scripts for XP and up, and that is completely true as RM2k3, as stated before, doesn't have script support.

Actually no, I never used it myself.. I just know XP and onwards are vastly superior from what I've heard and seen through this forum and Chaos Project...

Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Also here's the link to what I've made so far remember a lot of resources are from a old partner who's letting me use them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IviCaffBpiSW0yZktjbkN6eGM/view?usp=sharing

It's working now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:35:01 AM by Rusty20 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
wut

VXA seems a LOOOT easier to use and more flexible than XP. Unlike the previous makers, VXA basically eliminates the need to use scripts to make your game look decent because they added in a ton of cool features. Not to mention the database is amazing - especially when it comes to making equipment and classes, etc.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:43:11 AM by The Outsider »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
RPG Maker XP's download seems broken so I might try RPG Maker VXA lite unless someone can tell me what's wrong with XP.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:43:42 AM by Rusty20 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I don't mean to jump in like that, but I personally had a lot of issues with getting the hang of XP - especially the mapping style. I personally don't think it's worth picking over the newer makers. Maybe VX, but not VXA. There also seems to be more resources and scripts for it.

Anyways, that's ultimately up to you. They're all good makers. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I respect everyone's opinion so if I can find a Download link to XP where the game actually works though it I'll Most Likely try both and stick with my favorite of the three makers I've tried using.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I already said I have Autism (Read my first post Introduction section the first part) that's more then enough to get me SSI but it's also enough for the Government to think I can't control my own money

Ok, obviously there's no way I could know all the details of your situation, but just judging from your ability to communicate on a normal level and the fact that you're ok living on your own, I don't see why the government wouldn't give you control over your own money. Have you tried going through a government office yourself?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
are you trying to load your current files into the newer makers? because that won't work.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sadly, as far as I know you can only transfer game from VX -> VXA, even then it's a one way trip. Once converted to VXA you can no longer open them in VX.

I did find this in my quest for something completely unrelated. - http://www.unprolive.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That's horrible boe. you're horrible. where do you even find a pony hanging itself game over screen that is like trolling level: extremely specific
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:14:41 AM by strike »

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Starfire my problem is the only nearby Psychiatrist the government uses near me is a idiot and a quack and he knows nothing about ADHD ashburgers and Autism and Boe no offense Strike is right that is a little harsh for a MLP game.

Also Strike I hadn't yet I hoped there would be a way but if there not I could remake it and consider this a early beta
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:31:46 AM by Rusty20 »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I think it's hilarious in that it's both morbid and completely unfitting.

also that sucks about the psychiatrist dude.

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
also oops I think the start area in that upload is in the wrong area. I can fix it if you guys like.

Also in a unfitting way to MLP yes it does fit the medieval theme but Kids may play my game and I basically don't want it that morbid. My Games going to follow cannon pretty closely so that type of stuff wouldn't fit anyway.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:32:57 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 96
That's horrible boe. you're horrible. where do you even find a pony hanging itself game over screen that is like trolling level: extremely specific

Because it shows that in the end everything is meaningless. They entered the mist but weren't able to leave and having no other choice they ended their lives rather then live lost in the unending torment. Nothing last forever and this would be an ending that really shows what the meaning of existence is.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I may make it optional to use it if you really want. But the basic thing is remember the Mist is a basically the Magic of a Familiar Trouble Maker and only appears once, after the mist they wander into Polaris finding it in chaos because of said Troublemaker and some others he hired. While helping in Polaris they slowly start remembering things and becoming friends again. Boe I think used misjudged what I meant if they never regained there memory they would either die in battle or just give up and live in Polaris although they'd most likely get hunted and killed if they did so. Although there is one scenario in the game where I could see that happening, But saying more would be going into spoiler territory.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:02:53 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 96
Ok, I thought about it a bit and I don't want to trigger any children that would be about the worst thing be kids are triggered super easy because when I was a kid I saw somebody punch a horse and I cant still see it when I close my eyes and it's horrible.

So I made this one.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Much better I'll use this one.

I'll upload the game again later with that new game over screen and the start area in the right place.

Polaris isn't completely cut off as Pegasus ponies and boats can get there, without using the hidden and remote valley, (Not to mention ponies in Polaris think the valley is haunted) but it is very remote lending to the reason why it's still so medieval. And no one there recognizes the Mane 6 because they don't get much news from beyond their kingdom.

Here's the new download everything should be right with this one:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:48:54 AM by Rusty20 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Where does the demo end?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
It's not even a real Demo it's to bar bones mostly It's exploring my Maps although Canis Mines is a little broken but I'll fix that. Basically a few dungeons and 2 towns are finished and the main map is mostly there.

Also just noticed the well dungeon was not enterable but I'll fix that too.

have fun trying to find this games secret area's, There's 3 so far.

I'm revisiting why I hate the Canis Mines Mine Carts. Because I found another glitch.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:22:26 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior

Because it shows that in the end everything is meaningless. They entered the mist but weren't able to leave and having no other choice they ended their lives rather then live lost in the unending torment. Nothing last forever and this would be an ending that really shows what the meaning of existence is.

Now that I think about it boe your right  the lingering memories of there old life would very likely drive them crazy if they didn't get killed, and very likely lead to suicide. (Even though I won't mention it in game because kids may play it, but I might insinuate it.)

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I had several issues to fix but I got it done everything should work correctly this time the start area is in the right place, areas that aren't supposed to be blocked off shouldn't be blocked off, and puzzles should work in this download:

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
First of all, Google Drive updates your files, if you upload it on the same file, so you don't need to post the link everytime in a new post and simply can add it to your firts. ;)

Second you can download a resource pack of small ponies here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6fufbefg2uwbd6y/MLP%20starting%20pack.exe?token_hash=AAHgm3tsGopAuvqIs3ap2LeGJIbp9DEPa1d_sW5WfRcXPA&dl=1
I use some big ponies, but therefore you need to set them up on a 3x4 grid or 4x4 grid yourself. :/
Pretty much work to do, plus you need to know how to use Paint.net and the tools of it. Like Mirror, drag and drop, muli window, layering and such stuff. ;) /)

But for 2k3 and XP you need to edit them anyway, because XP has a 4x4 charactersprite set and 2k3 has complete other, I guess, used it only once. But didn't had enough options. :/

I will put the download links for each trial of RPG Maker in the spoiler:
I would recommend the Steam version of VX Ace Lite, because that way I can support you via chat on your project.
I'm allmost everytime on the day online. Mostly from 12:00 AM - 2:00 AM (GMT+1), so about 14 hours. :D

I played all the accessable areas and the mapping looks good so far. But some areas are unaccessable, like the well. Clicked on all, but none worked. ;)
The second problem is the mine area to the left. There starts a sequence and never stops.
Are there some enemies in it or not? (\s/)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:56:40 AM by Trixie Lulamoon »

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I could try VX Ace lite Steam verison (If I like it enough and it goes on sale I might upgrade it to full later.) and I could use a new partner even if there only for helping me learn.

Also that MLP starter pack is beyond awesome at least for starting out. Thank You!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:24:59 AM by Rusty20 »