RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fan Game: Mist of Memory

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Mist Of Memory
A My Little pony Friendship is Magic Fan Game

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Things I need most right now
3. About the game
4. Characters
5. Things I need to do to get the Real Game Done
6. Game features
7. Screen Shots of my game
8. Barebones Demo
9. Current Stage of Development

1. Introduction:

I'm making my first game With RPG Maker 2003, I have Autism Ashburgers and ADHD (Attention Defisit Hyperactive Disorder) I have played games a lot for over 20 years. I got Hardly any experience except I have some experience with a Mario Game Maker called Mario Worker, a tiny bit with Game Maker back when it was free and most of my experience is with RPG Maker 2003.

2. Things I need most right now:

I am not a artist I'm seriously bad at art and have no interest in doing it or learning it I don't have a good eye for detail as my eye sight is very bad. Also I'm ADHD (Attention Defisit Hyperactive Disorder) it makes it very hard for me to pay attention especially to things that don't Interest me, but it's the only really big thing I need at this point. (Other then a Battle system.) Edit: I might have a Artist now a friend said she would help if she could get good at doing art again. I could still use another Artist to help since my friend is just getting back into doing art again.

I am a newbie at making games since this is only my first one and so I'm not really that good at making complicated stuff like a Battle system yet so it would be really helpful if someone could make me one or tell me about one I could use, I don't want something overly complicated as this is going to be a basic old style like RPG.

Message me or ask on this Thread for detail if you want to help me out.

3. About the game:

So I'm making a game on there called Mist of Memory Basically the Plot is this:

The Mane 6 Plus Spike are sent by Princess Celestia to check on the locked up Queen Chrysalis and her Changelings, Upon reaching there Prison in the Changeling Kingdom they find them gone Upon following Queen Chrysalis and her Changelings trail through Changeling Kingdom and the lands around it they will come to a narrow Wooded Valley that's is right between to mountains and a little bit beyond Knight's Peak and shortly upon entering Twilight sees some strange fog and the girls plus spike go to investigate it upon approaching the fog it instantly surrounds them, they slowly faint then later wake up with no memory of who they are or who these other 5 Mares and baby dragon near them are. And so our adventure begins....... (Story Ideas are welcomed and appreciated!)

This is where the new Plot ideas come from:

The Map in MLP Comic 2 shows me that the changeling kingdom is in between Equestria and Polaris. As I have decided to put a path to Polaris as a narrow Wooded Valley that's is right between to mountains and a little bit beyond Knight's Peak as show in the map. So I have decided to tweak my game's intro a bit: Basically Celestia Will now send them to check up on the changelings with were locked up at the end of the 4th comic, The Mane 6 and Spike will get there only to find them gone. Upon following a rather obvious trail they will come to the Wooded Valley leading to Polaris which is where they get there Memory wiped by the Mist.

4. Characters:

Characters from MLP: (If you don't know who they are you need to watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.)

Playable:

Twilight Sparkle: Mage: Weapon: Spell Books

Apple Jack: Knight: Weapon: swords, Axes, Knuckles, and Clubs

Pinkie Pie: Party Pony: Weapon: Swords and Knuckles

Fluttershy: Summoner: Weapon: Spears, Whips, and Knuckles

Rarity: Healer: Spell Books

Rainbow Dash: Ranger: Weapon: Bows

Spike: Dragon: Weapon Not sure yet

Derpy Hooves: Mail Pony: Not sure yet

Non Playable:

Villains:

Queen Chrysalis: Changeling Queen

Spoiler for:
Discord: God of Chaos

Other may appear in game.

Playable:

OC's:

Mine:

Sir Orion (Earth Pony): Legendary Master Knight: Weapon: All except Spell Books:

Sir Orion is a Incredible fighter and Blindly Loyal to Princess Nebula he was a High Ranking General in the Polaris Army before he Retired from active duty and Became Leader of the Royal Guard to get closer to Nebula. Since he was a famous General he's well respected and has a lot of Political power in Polaris. Also he has a giant crush on Princess Nebula but won't tell her because he's afraid of rejection, All he does in his spare time is Train or guard her, he's a little obsessed.

Princess Nebula: Alicorn Princess: Weapon: Spell Books:

She's the ruler of Polaris even though she is very kind she is very Vain and thinks she's always right.

Others: (I'll credit the owners later.)

Vesti La Guibba: (Unicorn): Jester: Weapon: Not sure yet:

Basically a Court Jester who is perpetually depressed due to her Happy and Sad Opera Masks Cutie Mark, Her Depression is part of her personality she's basically just very Emo and got fired from Princess Nebula's court because she's always Depressed and it makes her not funny just depressing.

5. Things I need to do to get the Real Game Done:

I tried to do the animation using Desktop Ponies but it didn't cut it.

High Priority: (Things I'll most likely need help with.)

1. Finishing the game it's self
2. Need to get a Artist to Make the Pony's for my game Message me for a list.
3. A Battle system.

Low Priority: (Thing I'll most likely do myself.)

1. Need to get a Artist to make New Tile Sets (Maybe)
2. My Little Pony Music (Think I might know where to get this.)
3. Switch to another RPG Maker (Maybe)

6. Game features:

1. Unique Battle system. (Is Something I hope to make or have someone make for me.)
2. Unique blocking and Dual Weapon Wielding System. (Is something I hope to add.)
3. The playable characters so far: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Spike, Derpy Hooves, 2 of my own Original Characters: Princess Nebula and Sir Orion, and 1 Original Character by someone else: Vesti La Guibba.
4. Most of my game takes place in the completely original Country of Polaris.
5. Will have Easy, Normal, and Hard Modes. (I hope.)
6. Boss Rush: You Battle A bunch of Boss with limited amount of healing once your out that's it. (I Hope.)

7. Screen Shots of my game:

Starlight Forest:

Spoiler for:

Polaris:

Spoiler for:

Castle Polaris:

Spoiler for:

Sirius:

Spoiler for:

These are early Screen Shots of my game and they may be outdated sometime in the future I might post new ones.

8. Barebones Demo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IviCaffBpiSW0yZktjbkN6eGM/view?usp=sharing

9. Current Stage of Development:

To be honest this game is not getting much progress since my old partner decided he didn't want to help me, (He did allow me to use resources he made though) I don't want to see this project die as I put a lot of time and effort into it, Also I believe I have I have a interesting story idea as MLP never used amnesia (yet) I think it makes for a good set up even thought it's a bit Cliché. I am a newbie at making games since this is only my first one and so I'm not really that good at making complicated stuff like a Battle system yet so it would be really helpful if someone could make me one or tell me about one I could use, I also could use a Artist and any hints you guys could give me like which of those Patches, Add Ons, or upgrades made for RPG Maker 2003 should I use and are there any MLP like Tile Sets I could use? Pretty much I'm almost a complete noob but I do know a bit about RPG Maker 2003 to a extent due to messing around with it and reading a few tutorials.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:33:07 AM by Rusty20 »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Thanks The Face of Boe I got a Intro Screen for my game now, That's one thing out of my way.

Also if anyone wants to see what I've done so far I can put up a download for the bare bones of my game, it's mostly just maps. I could also post more Story but I'd be going into Spoiler Territory.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:35:59 AM by Rusty20 »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm seriously bad at art and have no interest in doing it or learning it

This is a bad attitude to have. You can learn anything if you put enough time and effort into it. If you're not willing to put forth the effort for your own game, how can you expect other people to?

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I'm just bad at Art, not everyone is a artist or likes to do art it's not my thing. I could never do a very good job my eyesight is bad and I just don't have a eye for detail.

Also I've done almost every part of this game myself except Art, Battle System, A few Ideas, and the art resources my old Partner let me use.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:37:36 AM by Rusty20 »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
So basically, you made maps.
I'm not saying you have to do art. I'm just saying, being a hobbyist game designer means doing and learning things you never thought you'd have talent or interest in. I bet boe spent like five minutes on that title screen (no offense boe :S). It's something you could've done yourself in MSPaint if you took the time.

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Basically I'm doing and learning something I don't have interest or talent in by just making this game and that's not the art I really want Title Screens and Game Over Screens are low priority (and yes I could most likely do them myself.) what I need are Battle Spirits and Map Sprites with are very hard to make even for talented artists. Also I'm ADHD (Attention Defisit Hyperactive Disorder) it makes it very hard for me to pay attention especially to things that don't Interest me I don't have a good eye for detail as my eye sight is very bad. I'll adjust my first post to reflect that sorry for the confusion. And No I didn't just make maps I've spent many long hours working on this I've worked hard on a lot of events a lot of trial and error went into making them, Learning variables was a hassle I'm terrible at math I didn't know what they did in the game for months until I figured it out most of what I found out about RPG Maker 2003 was though Trial and error. I worked hard on the story line thinking up 2 Original Characters and a original Kingdom called Polaris. My old partner who was going to do my Battle system and art bailed on me without really doing anything except giving me a really basic description of there OC Vesti La Guibba who I decided to keep in the game and keep playable because I like the Character and I'm nice other then that just letting me use his old resources he had made for earlier projects, at that point I wanted to give up but I didn't want my hard work to go to waste, and many ideas for the battle system and game in general I even made my own Party Select Screen, but remember this is only my first game and I said I want a very basic game it will be old fashion most likely comparable to the very old RPG's.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:10:30 AM by Rusty20 »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Well, I can't help you if you don't want to learn. :/
I'm not trying to be mean, it's just highly unlikely you're going to find anyone willing to do this kind of thing for you. You could use the time spent looking for other people on improving your skills.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
LOL misspelled.

Also I can't do art plain and simple It's not that I don't want to it's simply not in my skill set to do it's like asking a non athletic person who is naturally weak and uncoordinated who has no interest in being a athlete to learn to do a backflip.

Although the truly big thing I need is a Battle System. Getting a artist is actually secondary as I have a couple of friends who may do it for me later. So if you know any premade battle system that would work for me or someone who will make premade simple ones for people tell me it will really speed up development on my game.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:40:26 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Have you tried looking in the script resources section?

I know for fact there's some in there, because I've used them. Also, if none of those fit your taste, have you looked at other RPG Maker community sites? I know Chaos Project also has a rather large script database with several CBS's in it. Take a look around, see what's out there, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for; you're most certainly not the first person in the world making a gme like this, which means there's most certainly usable resources for you to find.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Quote from: Rusty20
I'm making my first game With RPG Maker 2003...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Thanks for the advice PhoenixFire, I'll try looking around the places you mentioned. The Game Features section describes basically what I need. Edit: Darn it I underestimated how hard it would be to find a battle systems for RPG Maker 2003 since it's old and considered outdated few people other then newbies use it either that or I just don't know how to find them, I'll keep looking though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:39:31 AM by Rusty20 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I have a poor attention span and really bad vision and I'm an artist. :mad: Anyways, you should try to make a game with one of the newer makers if this is really your first game (like VXA). The features are far greater and easier to use - and you'll find way more scripts.

Spoiler for:
Also,

:brony:

I'm-too-lazy-to-make-a-redirection-topic Notice:
boe's sjw post has been moved here >:} thank u for shopping at rmrk
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:30:57 AM by The Outsider »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
Sorry If I offended you I was just saying art isn't for me, Also the newer makers are expensive anyway I'm just making a nonprofit fan game.

And darn it why did someone negative rep me what did I do
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:46:54 AM by Rusty20 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
No, I wasn't really angry. If art doesn't interest you, that's really no big deal and is your personal preference. But it will be tough for you to find an artist that is willing to dedicate time and energy into a project for free - especially spriters, since their work can take a lot of time. Like Aco said, it helps to get people on board that are friends or also feel passionate about your project.

Also the newer makers are expensive anyway I'm just making a nonprofit fan game.

There's always RPG Maker VX Ace lite. It's terrible compared to what you can do with the purchased version, but still fairly decent because you still have access to (?) VXA's awesome eventing. It's preferred for smaller games, though, and you can't use scripts in it. ;9 VXA goes on sale all the time, too, so that's definitely something to keep in mind! It's by far the easiest maker I've encountered, and allows far more freedom (on the normal version, at least).
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Basically I'm doing and learning something I don't have interest or talent in by just making this game.
so why even make it a game? it's already just fanfic anyway, why the extra step?

Rep:
Level 96
I think this would make for awesome battle music.
http://lapfoxtrax.com/track/got-my-pony-spam-for-you
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:33:23 AM by The Face of Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
For now I'm sticking with this Maker. The reason I'm taking the extra Step is I've played games for 20 Long years I want the thrill of being able to make one myself.

Interesting and cool but the problem is my parents control my money darn SSI, I can't buy things without there consent. They'd never agree with me buying something like this if I can just use something free like the free to use parts of something like My Little Karaoke. (Planning on asking them if I can use their Instrumental versions of the official MLP songs as the ones with words tend to distract from gameplay.) It's the same problem with a Game Maker when there's a free one like this, They see no reason to let me use my money. (PS: I know it's sad I live on my own but my parents control my money it's not my fault SSI decided it.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:42:10 AM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Is there any demo to play, really want to lay a hoove on it. ;) /)
Even tho you might should look on steam, because the RPG Maker VX Ace is there often for about 15€.
If you use Humble Bundle or what the site is called, you can get it for 1€, sometimes.
But if you want to stick with RPG Maker 2k3 it's okay. :)
I really want to play your demo. I work myself on a MLP RPG, so very interested. :) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Interesting and cool but the problem is my parents control my money darn SSI, I can't buy things without there consent. .... (PS: I know it's sad I live on my own but my parents control my money it's not my fault SSI decided it.)

Um.... you're on SSI because of your poor vision, yes? I receive SSI for poor vision. Once you turn 18 your parents are no longer legally able to control your SSI unless you have some other  (mental) condition in which the government has decided you aren't capable of managing your own finances and gave them control over your income. The fact that you live on your own suggests that that is not the case, so... open a bank account and set up direct deposit. Done.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Also, I am not one to say "pirate the game" but you are able to try the demo of the other makers free for 30 days, and if you like one, and happen to want to use it, I know that I personally have an extra copy of both XP and VX that I don't care what happens to. And yes, both are legal copies =p

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I already said I have Autism (Read my first post Introduction section the first part) that's more then enough to get me SSI but it's also enough for the Government to think I can't control my own money, Also earlier in my game development I was told by many people experienced about making games that 2k3 was easier to use, so unless I can transfer this over and it's more easy to use then RPG Maker 2003 I'll most likely stick RPG Maker 2003. Trixe I have some bare bones Maps with events in them that I could put up or I could message or put up my games ending in a Spoiler Tag. (With if I may say I have a pretty interesting and unique idea.) I basically need Battle Sprits, to make a basic demo.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:26:10 PM by Rusty20 »

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Also earlier in my game development I was told by many people experienced about making games that 2k3 was easier to use

Personally, I find XP (and by extension, XPAce) the easiest to use, most versatile, and much more widely supported in the way of scripts and resources. In the end, it would be worth your while to switch over, IMHO.

Trixe I have some bare bones Maps with events in them that I could put up

Trixie I'm sure isn't the only one who would be interested in checking it out; I wouldn't mind seeing what you have so far, though I would certainly be of little help with actually developing anything for you in it.

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I'm working on bringing it up in Google Drive. The battle sprites, Map Sprites and a lot of skills belong to my old partner who is letting me use it The battle Sprites I tried to make my own Battle Sprite from desktop ponies is there too. I wish there was a Pony Sprite Maker or someone who already made a MLP game could let use there Sprites, the only ones I got are a few cannon Map Sprites there's Battle Sprites but they don't fit my games style. There would be more maps but I've been slightly disheartened ever since my old partner said they didn't want to help me, I got ideas for more and you can see where they are going to be as there's a empty event where the entrances will be.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:59:32 PM by Rusty20 »