RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Project Gaia - Sci-Fi/Horror/Anime Game

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!

Project Gaia is rated M for Mature by the developer.

Father Impurity changed everything...
So many gave their lives...
to stay quiet...
to keep the secret...
to defend the truth...
of... Project Gaia.

The Gaia hypothesis, also known as Gaia theory or Gaia principle, proposes that organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a self-regulating, complex system that contributes to maintaining the conditions for life on the planet.

Spoiler for:
     An enormous metallic vessel hovers dauntingly in space. The station bears a name, painted on its outer rim. Faded with time, the white paint has chipped, but still noticeably reads, The Father Impurity.
     The Father Impurity, employed by a powerful and wealthy research organization based on a nearby moon, has served as a genetics research facility for the better part of the last fifty years.
     The discovery of an element in the year 3112, later named Bioterranium, allows the research giant to lead a new era for humanity, through the manipulation of human anatomy.
     The problem is that when Bioterranium was initially discovered, the employer of the Father Impurity, known as P.U.R.G.E., or Public Unity Reconstruction Genetics Experimentation, Inc., harvested all Bioterranium off of both the planet's surface and core, and then destroyed it.
     Humanity started a war that began to seem would never end.
     As humanity began to die out from the violent battles fought on land and in space... P.U.R.G.E. took another bold move. That's when P.U.R.G.E. built the Father Impurity; an attempt to mask the terrible thing they had done from future generations of humankind.
     The Father Impurity began as a human cloning facility, an attempt to repopulate a new planet, a new world, a new beginning.
     Initial projects were highly successful. Clones were technological, intuitive, and intelligent. They always followed orders given to them without fail. They even assisted P.U.R.G.E. in its political war.
     P.U.R.G.E. stopped at nothing to gain complete and total control of Earth and many nearby systems. They mercilessly killed Earth's political leaders and heads of state.
     Humanity was eventually completely wiped out, other than a few survivors who escaped to other planets. These drifters formed colonies far from the ruthlessness of P.U.R.G.E.
     And then something miraculous occurs... In the year 3167, a test subject of the Father Impurity survives, and holds the power to once again change the face of humanity forever.

Project Gaia is an RMXP game I started in 2012. It has gone through now 3 different complete makeovers, and I am finally hoping it will be ready to release in Fall 2015.
     It has been a loooong wait,  :sdog: a tremendous amount of work, and after RRR (rpg revolution.com) disbanded, I had almost given up hope on ever finishing this game. I had a lot of downtime this Summer, and before I start school in January, I figured I was ready to finally release  Project Gaia's development announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/projectgaiarmxp.
I will update things on the Facebook and on here as often as possible until release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIYApl72UMk&list=UUhLT_6-54kE8WP-SHjh8Lsg

Experiment 626
     Experiment 626 is the player and is the main protagonist of the story. She is a human-like being who wakes up in her cell, on the Father Impurity, proving existence without Bioterranium exposure. She has long black hair, and dark cyan skin. She possesses amazing psychological and magical powers, which are identified, explained, and elaborated throughout gameplay.

Ariella
     Ariella is a guard and the personal assistant of Dr. Cage. She is in charge of monitoring Cell 626, and comes in to check on the player in the beginning of the game, and to her surprise, finds Experiment 626 awake in the cell. She befriends the Experiment, and helps her throughout the game.

Cage Stoker
     Dr. Cage is the head of the Lab and prestigious medical field professional onboard the Father Impurity. He has good intentions and despises his work but is being forced by P.U.R.G.E. to develop biological weapons. He is behind Experiment 626's creation. "The laboratory is so frozen that every breath I exhale can be seen as a cloud in front of me. The uncomfortable darkness of the room sends chills through my entire body, causing painful muscle contraction that hurts; especially in anti-gravity. I keep lying to myself… that this project will somehow yield a progressive result in the end, that somehow I will make a positive difference in the ongoing war, but I know that my superiors are just forcing me to continue Bioterranium experimentation for their own profit and gain, and that I am dealing with something morally unjust and potentially dangerous and unstable. The adrenaline rushes through me with each new feat, and, I know: I do it for the drugs, I do it just to feel alive. I do it for the love, that I get from the bottom of a bottle."

Shylaman
     Shylaman is from a far desert planet, and the Captain of a team of Ruthless Mercenaries. He is sturdy, suave, and a talented solicitor. He is a feared and respected leader among his tribe.

Rienne
     Rienne was abandoned as a child and sold into bondage. She murdered her captors, became streetwise in the slum of her homeland, and built up a reputation as a woman that doesn't take shit from anybody. She may appear to be a vixen, but given her upbringing, she would sooner slit your throat than sleep with you.

Couldn't help diving into this project again. Used Aco's LyteSprite Template & LooseLeaf's XP Hair Modifier to come up with the characters, and I freehanded the spacecraft:

And, Just in case I want to use them on the World Map:

SPRITE UPDATE 11/6/2016
Working on more sprites. I love the LyteSprite base, and it allows me to do more being that the sheet is 32x64.

Tribal Warriors (Aligned with Shylaman):

Alien Robots (Enemy):

Are women not allowed to wear pants in your universe ?_?
They are now! :tpg:
The Ariella Sprite Has Acquired More Clothing Over The Years, Hope You Like The Outfitting:

Another new character, Shylaman:

Yet Another new char, Rienne:

Updated AlienRobot Spritesheet (Enemy):

TILESET UPDATE 11/7/2016

Spoiler for:
1. Doctor Cage finds the abandoned Ariella.
Spoiler for:
2. Ariella walking through the halls of the Father Impurity.
Spoiler for:

3. You found a Wrench!
Spoiler for:

4. What is the Guard of the Father Impurity after?
Spoiler for:

5. Practically everything in the environment is 'activateable'.
Spoiler for:

6. In-game puzzles like fixing this elevator keep things interesting.
Spoiler for:

7. Some cut scenes like the interaction with these guards are voiced-over! :malson2:
Spoiler for:

8. All equipment comes with custom icons, interesting descriptions, and actually changes the appearance of your character sprite.
Spoiler for:

9. Edited Kingdom Hearts menu system originally by Zexion has been edited by me to fit the game setting.
Spoiler for:

10. RTP Battle system fight with guards. (Really hate this. Looking for assistance in implementing an ABS)
Spoiler for:

11. RTP Battle system fight with alien robot. (Really hate this. Looking for assistance in implementing an ABS)
Spoiler for:

-CREDITS TO BE UPDATED-

Spriting: bethesdacam92
Kindom Hearts Menu - Zexion
Blizz-ABSv2.87 - Blizzard, winkio
FaceMaker - FoxRichards
VArious Graphics - Various Artists search on Google
Thanks to Kitten for teaching me the secrets of the post.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:24:49 AM by bethesdacam92 »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Aco, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

"If they behave themselves, on Tuesdays they are permitted to wear pants but only while accompanied by a priest."
- (The Bible; Jane 3:16)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 35
CHANGELOG

Spoiler for:
Dec 18, 2014:
Haha, I have been going for an ecchi/anime/mature-rated style. There will be an astounding variety of equippable armours, some of which cover more bits than the undergarments the main character is wearing in the beginning.

Here is a parallax mapping test I did for the planet the escape pod lands on, I will be updating these map pics frequently, as they could all really be considered a WIP.
Made in Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 6.

UPDATE - 4/9/2015
Although this has seem like a lost forgotten project due to my absence on the forums, I have been working very hard the last few months with the now 4th complete redo of Project Gaia with the beautiful, and wonderful Blizz ABS battle script and system. Project Gaia demo is still planning to release in Fall of 2015. Here is quick a video update for the new features introduced and the adjustments that I have been making.

VIDEO LINK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjrtWYA7EIk
↑ The above is just a quick video that shows the new features:
-Flashing Key Items on ground
-Fog effects that highlight lighting and dark areas
-Blizz ABS battle script Now Incorporated!
-Tilesets being redone with Photoshop CS6 with the intention of adding more 3d elements to the game.
-Floating arrows will indicate tutorial information, but will subside once components of the game have been explained at a beginner level.
The test map being played on will not be in the end result.

Also, I just created this with Project Gaia's tiles for a mapjam topic: Graveyard

UPDATE: Oct 1, 2016
I am once again working on the game this year and have been doodling Project Gaia concept art in Photoshop.
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
TAURUS CONSTELLATION
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
CANIS MAJOR CONSTELLATION

And a little pixel art
Spoiler for:

And some new BGM produced by myself in FL Studio 11
https://soundcloud.com/cam-stoker/gaia

I lost the external drive that contained the latest copy of Project Gaia. I am horribly ashamed to say that I have lost the original game file completely. And that I never backed it up to cloud. I would like this thread to please be moved to Abandoned Projects. As I have started a new game, I will be posting a new thread in projects in progress to maintain thread formality. I am proud and pleased with what Project Gaia and the RMRK community has taught me regarding formality and teamwork. Thank you all for being THE forum and please look forward to my new upcoming project and new project in progress. Thank you for progress and mindfulness.

EDIT Oct 20, 2016:
I FOUND THE DEMO TO PROJECT GAIA!
I will link the download in this post as well as in the OP. I am uploading it here as non-encrypted so others can look into the project if they have suggestions or would like to add anything.
DEMO: https://www.dropbox.com/home/PROJECT%20GAIA?preview=Project+Gaia+-+%5BXP%5D%5BDEMO%5D.exe

I will no longer be working on this project for now.
I started on another project, don't know if it'll go very far:
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=50834.0

The game is quite short, and plays for about 5-10 minutes, depending on whether or not you interact with everything.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:09:44 PM by bethesdacam92 »

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
This looks really cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm sorry to hear that, good luck on your future ventures.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 35
Couldn't help diving into this project again. Used Aco's LyteSprite Template & LooseLeaf's XP Hair Modifier to come up with the characters, and I freehanded the spacecraft:

And, Just in case I want to use them on the World Map:

They are now! :tpg:
The Ariella Sprite Has Acquired More Clothing Over The Years, Hope You Like The Outfitting:

Another new character, Shylaman:

Yet Another new char, Rienne:

Updated AlienRobot Spritesheet (Enemy):
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:25:13 AM by bethesdacam92 »

Rep:
Level 35
SPRITE UPDATE 11/6/2016
Working on more sprites. I love the LyteSprite base, and it allows me to do more being that the sheet is 32x64.

Tribal Warriors (Aligned with Shylaman):

Alien Robots (Enemy):
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:07:50 PM by bethesdacam92 »

Rep:
Level 35
TILESET UPDATE 11/7/2016

I am so proud of this Door:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:53:03 AM by bethesdacam92 »

Rep:
Level 35
I came up with some guns:

And ammo?:

The Ultimate Question: What would it take to make a game where the player can shot enemies on the map? I don't know how to script RGSS:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:25:30 AM by bethesdacam92 »