RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Book Festival

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
San Antonio has a big book festival in April.

I'm contemplating being an exhibitor (self pubbed books can't be submitted to the festival).

What have been your best experiences at comic cons, book fairs, etc at vendor booths?

I'm planning on handing out bookmarks with my website on it, signing up for my email list to get a free ebook. Etc et infinity.

What are your thoughts?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I have no clue. Good luck with all of your ventures. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I have no clue. Good luck with all of your ventures. :)

Thanks for the well wishing Boe!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
DOUBLE POST :mad:

Got a swanky banner done up.

I'm pumped!

Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
That looks awesome! :-) I wish I was closer to San Antonio, so I could attend! >B(
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK road trip? It could be epic! Just grab all your dallas frands and come on!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
but then we'll spread our dallas ebola :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I wish I could come but I live in Washington. That's like... 2 million miles away.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I wish I could come but I live in Washington. That's like... 2 million miles away.

Rep:
Level 96
The earth is flat. FACT
All our maps are fake to cover this up. FACT
Texas is below Mexico. FACT
Washington is 2 Million miles from Texas because Washington is above Vancouver Egypt. FACT

Check your facts before spreading misogynist lies like that, your triggering me. :\
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
boe is so cis :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'll come if you drive me there from Nashville :)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Good luck, my friend.

If I were you, I'd have copies of your book to sell for interested passerbys!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Good luck, my friend.

If I were you, I'd have copies of your book to sell for interested passerbys!

This is certainly my plan. Though I don't plan to sell enough to make a down payment on a Kia, I would like to sell a few. That'd be really cool.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Don't be concerned with selling a lot of books, be concerned with getting it into the hands of the people through whatever means is necessary (and also unobtrusive)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
So, like, you discourage throwing them at passersby?

Rep:
Level 98
Actually that would not be a bad idea to give them away

Just don't stand out in the open like someone trying to sell you a toy helicopter at the mall does

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Love it! Good luck, friend! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Resurrection!

Long story short: I went to the book festival, it rained, talked to a ton of people and...

SOLD EVERY COPY OF EVERY BOOK I BROUGHT WITH ME!

Excuse me while I happy dance.

Had a blast!

Here's some pics:
My booth

My competitors, I mean neighbors

Good times!

Rep:
Level 96
That's awesome. :D
You also had a good times, so double awesome. ::DD
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Thanks Boe. I did have a good time. I'm extroverted to a fault.

Side note: I am not richer for the experience. Between the booth cost, book printing and the stuff to put in my booth, I'm in the hole.

But again, fun was had and I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
That's awesome! So proud of you for doing it :) I would have been so nervous about it myself. Glad you had a good experience, and I would say contrary to what you  said, I think you most certainly are richer for the experience, albeit monetarily. The experience alone has great value!
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 96
I laughed.

Writing book three to my series has been a lot of fun!

Dragon riding dwarves. Goblin invasions. Elves in civil... http://fb.me/4uh8dSwIO

My first thought was that you had dragons that rode dwarves.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&