RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RGSS2) I Have 3 Script Requests

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
I want to make a video game that I have confidence will be a commercially successful game. I lack the skills of RGSS2 at the very moment and trying to work out how to learn it. If anyone can please help me with these three possibly complicated scripts, I'd be deeply appreciative of you, now if you want money for the scripts, we can work out an agreement by private messaging me. I will make sure you are properly credited for the exact script that was made.

With that out of the way.

My first request is a system where you can at a press of a button change to the other character of the game, since my game will have 2 playable characters at once hopefully, I'd like to have that feature since it will help with a new and creative way of playing the video game. If you need a reference to what I am talking about...see Final Fantasy 6 at the final dungeon of the game. They had a system similar to what I want near the end of the game (and maybe in the middle of the game too? Its been a while...). You can also reference GTA 5 since they had 3 playable characters you could switch to at any time (well almost anytime).

My 2nd request is to have the option to play co-op with a create or join your own server option. I want the server size to be at a max of two players. I'd like to have this option on the beginning menu of the game where it gives the option to select a new game, load a new game, or quit. I'd like it to be below load a game and it says "Multiplayer". I'd really appreciate this feature since I know that putting in co-op in a video game is quite hard to do. Also, maybe disable the function of switching characters once the player joins. Only temporarily. That'd make it perfect then :)

My 3rd request is a ABS script similar to that of Zelda's battle system and I'd like it to work with the Co-op script well. And it doesn't need to have fancy animations, just needs to have the ability to attack enemy sprites on map at anytime. If you can't make one but know what I am looking for, shoot me a link on here if you'd like, but I know that most of the ABS scripts are Non-commercial only.

Please help my video game come to life because I think its a solid idea and there is a lack of games where you are the villain and the antagonist is the hero. If these scripts could be thrown into my game, that'd make it the more magical and you will have your name on there whether the game is popular or not and I will make sure they can find out what website you are on as well so you can help them take on script requests as well. Thank you for your time and please get back to me if you are interested.

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
I figured that if you don't really want to surf the net for examples of party/character switching. I will leave this. Final Fantasy 6 does it in certain situations and this is one of them. Within 25 seconds of the video shows what I want and is a perfect example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecQVga9zzQ

Do this but make it that its only active in single player mode. Like if you want to, you can set up script calls for it to be an option in the party menu and I can do the rest.