RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVXAce] Legacy (demo + recruitment)

Rep:
Level 83
Legacy
a working title by flapbat and TMD

This is a 1hr+ demo of what will be a vast adventure!

Story

Long ago, the Dark Fiend Dargonis ventured from the demon world into the land of humans.  An unexpected turn of events left him stranded within the human realm, and since then he has sought to once again open the gate between the two worlds and reunite with his demonic brethren.

Characters

Brett Laurel
A knight of the Holy Order who fights to uphold the weak.  Skilled in magic and swordplay, he is compassionate and wise beyond his years.  He has been sent alone to challenge Dargonis, but soon finds his fate intertwined with that of another...

Tanya Heartfire
A spunky girl who's eyes shine with determination.  She has been searching for her brother who was captured by demonic hordes.  At times cynical, she nevertheless possesses great inner strength and resolve.

Villains

Agragor
A vampiric lord who has joined forces with Dargonis.  He is as charismatic as he is dangerous, and takes pleasure in the sufferings of those who are weak.

Dargonis
Mysterious and frightful, he is spoken of throughout the land in hushed and trembling voices.  Not of this world, his magical capabilities are beyond compare.  He also knows a great deal of ancient lore and ritual, making him all the more fearsome.

Download

Recruitment

This is a small demo of what will be a vast adventure across 4+ chapters.  All of the mapping and writing for chapter 1 is nearly complete.  The dialogue text dump for the first chapter is over 80 pages of script, not including random NPCs.  If you'd like to assist with this project, you're invited to join in!  What we really need are:

*Character Portraits  (high priority!)
*Custom Character Sprites (also important!)

*Custom Scripts  (not necessary, but cool!)
*Mapping  (always helpful)

We are fine using RTP map sprites, but would like the character graphics to stand out as much as their personalities do :)  Play the demo, and then maybe think it over!  I figure a lot of us may be in a game-making mood after the awesome GIAW projects!

-flap
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:09:26 PM by flapbat »

Rep:
Level 83
Just fyi, we're recruiting on this site first cause you guys are the best!

Anyone played it yet??

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Ooh, I'll try out the demo soon (probably sometime this weekend)! ^_^ I may be a bit swamped for the rest of the night though, working on something for my game and then have some other work and school work to get done. D:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
C'mon!  Someone's gotta try this out!  Even if you don't want to join in on making it!  ;)

-flap

Rep:
Level 35
RMRK Junior
I like what you have started here.  I will keep an eye on this project.

Rep:
Level 83
Thank you, Epochian.  :)

Anything in particular you liked or think could use improvement??

-flap

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I would like to download it, but Google Chrome is blocking it, because it's a virus.
I know it isn't one, but Chrome gives me no option to save it.
Can you please reupload it as a .rar or .zip? (\s/)
Sorry, I found it myself how to download it anyway.
My bad, I'm sometimes so dumb, I feel really sorry now. *blushes* /)

Rep:
Level 83
Haha- no worries!  It's nice of you to go through so much trouble to download it at all!  Nice to hear you're interested in it.  I hope it doesn't disappoint!

-flap

Rep:
Level 35
RMRK Junior
I lost this website for a while.  Just now getting into RPGmaker.  I liked the overall hardness.  Every potion or herb was a calculated choice.  The story is quick and concise.  I imagine this is the intro.  I like that it feels like the charecter has better things to do when you read the conversations.  I also like the battles are mostly scripted.  It doesnt feel like there is a million enemies just floating in the aether waiting for thier number to get rolled.  I would like to see some new sprites going on, but wouldn't we all?

Rep:
Level 83
New sprites are a must!  I'm going to post recruitment at the college in my town if I can't find online help. 

This is most of the intro for Chapter I, although there is a 20 minute playable section beforehand that introduces Tanya.  In total, Chapter I contains 5 major playable characters.  There will be a dozen playable characters throughout the game. 

I like scripted battles too.  Random encounters have their place, but are way too common in most games.

Thank you for your feedback.  Once we get someone onboard for the character art, we can really get things rolling.

Just an update: the game script for Chapter I is currently at 15,291 words.  This demo is sitting at 2,831 words.  The final product should be around 20,000 words. 

-flap