RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Customizable TCG(trading card game) Scripts && Resources

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
So, to jump right in, I made this page due to a previous topic I had started on the official RPG Maker Forums. It was the feedback gained within both that thread and private messages that prompted me to launch this…  To give a brief idea of that topic, it was regarding a potential kick-starter campaign for ‘mini-game packs’ for RPG Maker. Anyway, the most popular ‘mini-game’ idea from the ones described in that topic was my for a Highly Customizable Trading Card Game.

Now, the ideas for a fully scripted, highly customizable TCG are obviously there, and I am fully capable of writing the system. The main problem is obtaining the funding that will be required in order to lift this project off the ground. We do have a small team of individuals who are able to carry out the required work; however, they – like most people, are not gonna work for free.

The main goal of this topic is to give people a common place to easily discuss this idea and provide feedback. Another benefit of hosting this topic here is that it can easily be shared, liked and tweeted.  After all, if more people know about the project, it means that there are more people who may be willing to contribute towards it becoming a reality.

First of all, just to ensure you understand exactly what this topic is discussing;

A Fully Customizable Trading Card Game system, containing numerous scripts and resources (visual and audio) for use in RPG Maker Vx Ace (possibly with older/future maker support)
    A Fun, Family Friendly, Trading Card Game featuring all the ‘big names’ from the RPG Maker Series. This includes fan favorites such as Eric, Ralph, Slime and of course, the main player – Dekita.  This would be available as a FREE GAME to everyone; however, an unencrypted version of the game will  also be supplied with the TCG Script & Resources Pack.

Full Script && Resources Information
This system can be used solely as a mini-game within a project, but it is also retains enough features to be used as the sole focus of a game. The features of this system would include such things as;

Animated Cards :  (cards && card images move)
Various Card Types : (creature, equip, spells, field mods, enhance, more)
Card Rarity / Grade : (common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, more)
Various Card Packs : (numerous cards packs offering various types of cards)
Card Condition : (card deteriorates over time is mistreated)
Optimized ‘card creation’ System : (numerous methods to ensure performance and quality is kept)
Card && Deck Inventories : (dedicated scenes for viewing obtained cards and decks)
Multiple Card Decks : (player can hold more than one deck at a time)
Card Shop : (buy/sell cards, packs, items and general merchandise)
Card Trade : (trade cards between NPC’s and save files)
Card Auction : (buy/sell cards/packs/item at an ‘auction house’)
Card Craft : (dedicated scene for crafting new cards)
Card Enhance : (use unwanted cards to enhance your favorite cards)
Card Dueling : (have in game card battles with rules changing each match)
Dueling Tournaments : (multiple possible tournaments to participate in)
TCG Player : (dedicated classes for storing data related to player activities etc..)

MUCH More detailed information can be found by following the link below;
http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com/tcg-mnk/

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Sounds like a fun script project.
Good luck with it :D

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sounds amazing. Right now I have trading cards that are used as an accessory, but it would awesome if the player could actually use them in a card game.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'm looking forward to this! :gracie:

I knew your name sounded familiar. You made that amazing stat distribution script! ;_______;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
I'll be waiting for this!

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Not a TCG fan to be honest, but this idea still appeals greatly to me, since like you said, users could use it for anything from a mini-game to making a full blown game involving it. I could see myself maybe making a simple mini-game with it for my current project.

But with that view, and plan of use - I wouldn't want to pay for it, I would heavily consider donating ($5-15 range, depending on what I have at the moment) even though the concept of donating to the production of a script still seems so foreign and unheard of, to me at least. Not to mention that it is a VERY niche product which would very likely cause higher funding aimed kickstarters to fail. We are taking the entire community, subtracting the people who don't give a shit about this, then subtracting the people who can't/are unwilling to donate. After that you aren't going to be left with many people most likely. So if your asking for like $50-150 I think it's doable. But I would want to be sure that I'm only funding for the productions of graphics MOSTLY,  think you deserve some profit too (unless you plan to sell it after, in which case, I would only donate if you were using the money just for graphics).

But honestly, how complex do these graphics need to be? If you need custom card graphics for a lot of cards, I can see that being a concern. Could you not, for the demo project, just use rtp graphics? That way you could cut out the kickstarter idea to begin with. Just a suggestion though!

I really hope things work out for you with this idea! And if you ever need some help coding stuff, I'd gladly help, now that I feel capable of handling most of the easier-intermediate scripts that would be involved. Not saying you would need the help really, but it could make things faster.

Let me know your thoughts on the whole "graphics ABSOLUTELY needed" bit and as to where all the money will go (I've seen you around and trust you aren't taking it all for yourself, I'm just curious about what is needed/going to be payed for with these donations).

Annnnddddd, sorry for rambling (again) :/
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have been very busy setting up a dedicated page for this on my blog. This can be found using the following link; http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com/tcg-mnk/

Now, to give you guys some long awaited answers :p

@Zeriab - Thanks for the comment and luck dude.. This project certainly will be alot of fun to make. Whether it actually happens or not, all depends on the kind of help we receive though. So yea, I think some luck will be much needed :D

@Boe - Glad to hear you like the idea. Also, with this system the player will be able to do much much more than simply 'use' cards. ;)

@Yuyu - Thanks for the comment. As mentioned, whether this happens or not will all be based on whether we can get the help we will need :)
And yea, I have created a few distribution scripts within the time I have been writing scripts for RPG Maker. I think the last one I posted here was my PSPDS system, but the $D13x ISPDS system is far far superior. Links to both can be found on my blog: http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com

@Yin - Thanks for the comment. Happy to hear there is already people anticipating this project :)

@Euphoria - Thanks, I'm very pleased to hear that even though you are not a TCG fan you would still consider this system for your own project.
I understand your concerns with regards tot he product being very niche. There is two parts of this project, one being the scripts and resources side of things, the other being a small free game(2-4 hour long story - not including time taken to complete battles). Obviously, I am promoting the idea of scripts to the people who would actually be able to use them. :)
As mentioned, for the past few days I have been creating a dedicated section for this project on my blog.
The main page of which can provide much much more information on both the scripts/resources side of things, as well as information on the small game that will be made alongside this project. For convenience, I have included some of these links below;
Main Page: http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com/tcg-mnk
FAQs: http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com/tcg-mnk/faq/

The above links should be able to answer any queries you have with regards to how funding will be spend and other information of that nature :)

I would appreciate you guys leaving some feedback on there. I will also be updating that page frequently over the coming days/weeks, so chances are a reply will be gained much quicker by leaving your message there. :)

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Thanks for elaborating! You have my support.
My Website:

:tinysmile: