RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tyke 2014 -character base-

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter

Welcome to the new and improved Tyke thread, a small character template for beginners and experienced spriters alike ;)

I removed the XP images because these just work better with with VX.

--------------------
Feel free to use them for your NON commercial games.
You may upload them in other forums as well, so long as you credit me i will be happy.
SwampBeast or MusicalSwordsman is fine.
-------------------------------------------
Script (RMVXA)
Spoiler for:
Original script link.
//area91.multiverseworks.com/blog/rmvxa_script/gameplay/free_movement
-----
**Script which i now use.**
Edited version.
Credit for goes to, Euphoria.
[E- the template has changed a bit, mess with the number(s) a little).
Inside you can see what i set the collision to, works right off the bat.
http://pastebin.com/SxUz1sMe

The script in general seems to have problems when calling a collision command from a few different areas, but the fixes are i think all you need when it comes to the characters.
If any problems arise in the future when using any other part of the script i will update.

This other workaround found by Chaos_Zexion, also works well (using the original script), for more see the original post here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=49409.msg566383#msg566383
-----------------------
I don't like that VX is so fast when it comes to character animations, if you are bothered by the speed of the animation (and it should be changed with my characters) please change this bit of code in Game_CharacterBase, line 315.

CODE:
if @anime_count > 18 - real_move_speed * 2

I've changed the 18 to a 24 which moves closer to RMXP speed, this will affect all sprites however, so keep that in mind.

-Thanks Chaos_Zexion
-----------------------
My thanks to:
-GaryCXJk for his gnar-gnar script.
-Chaos_Zexion quickly finding a solution (and saving me a ton of work ;))
-Euphoria for editing the script, which makes things a breeze ^^
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters
Improved version to be added later.
---------------------------------
Template

---------------------------------------------------------
Extra!
So i will be working on poses again, those of old and many new ones.
For the time i have it in mind to work on a few general poses for all, which will be sleeping and sitting down and so on.

*****[I will add these later on too, the grid for the template is bigger now for a few reasons, and the poses will have to be modified too]*****
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:27:04 PM by SwampBeast »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Cute! :-) Their ears stick out quite a bit, but I think it gives them character.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Reminds me of pokeman, nice

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Thanks guys  ;)

Expect a pose for the male today, as well as another skin color for all of them.
I've also made a small fix to the arms of the child (side frame, 2nd and 4th frames) lowered them a pixel.

Have a nice day!
---------------
poses and skin color up, oh yeah!
-------------
some slight edits to the knocked out pose, mainly better defining the jaw as well as the appearance of the neck,  mouth now opened.
--
Top of head lowered a pixel on knocked out poses, arm look improved on top knockout pose.
That should be the last.
--
just removed some pixels from the obese stomach, nothing big.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:46:56 PM by SwampBeast »

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
A few more poses up.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I like them! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Glad you like these  ^-^

I will be adding a first frame for the first character set later on, along with the darker skin color for the poses available.

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
They are pretty cute :p

This is what you were needing the collision help for? Did you get it figured out by the way?
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
The change you made to the script was perfect for the characters, and it turns out i did not really need the other setting for changing the collision of certain events, that's why i didn't want to bother with that.
But i will open a thread if anything springs up in the future  :)   

E
Darker skin colors added for pose and elf sheets.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:30:15 AM by SwampBeast »

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Glad I could help :)
If you're ever stuck on a script and can't get help, you can PM me!
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I like your style. The naked ones look like fat, walking babies, but in full character sheet it is quite impressive work.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
I will take you up on that  ^-^, thanks a bunch Euphoria.

Thanks Sophist ^^
----------------------------
Frame for my first character set added to top.
------------------------------------------
Side frame and updated look to frontal added.
This is my last update until the character is complete ^^
--------
Added blob shadow for male and female (one fits both ;))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:39:13 PM by SwampBeast »

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
A work in progress of the next character, tell me if you see anything weird.

Spoiler for:

Pretty much final here.

Side frame WIP

I will leave the older images so you guys can see what i change.
e
more junk to take a gander at, don't usually have a clear (or any) idea for the characters, so i make it up as i go.

e
Final looks for frontal and side uploaded, along with a wip for the side.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:49:13 AM by SwampBeast »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SO cute ;__; ! Nothing off that I can see! :-) Sprites aren't really my expertise, though. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Yuyu, i'm very happy that you like her, I may name her YUYU ;)

Okay, a look at the back of the head, because i've slacked a little and i want to show i'm still here lol.
The bangs for the front facing side have changed to better fit with the right facing side, both not seen here though.

charactercomplete
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:55:11 AM by SwampBeast »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yuyu, i'm very happy that you like her, I may name her YUYU ;)

Okay, a look at the back of the head, because i've slacked a little and i want to show i'm still here lol.
The bangs for the front facing side have changed to better fit with the right facing side, both not seen here though.

And that's it for sure, i will upoad the complete character after a while :D

Awwww, I'm flattered! ;__;

Man, that looks great! I can never get the hair right on the back of characters. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
Yep, takes a while to get hair down, one way to start figuring it out is to line up your character frames when working on the different sides.
This will help you keep in mind what needs to go where when the character turns.

--
Bit of an update folks.
I edited the hind legs for second and fourth side frames for all the templates.
-The forward moving leg is now more... user friendly, those three pixels i think can actually confuse some.
-The hind legs were showing too much, got rid of a few pixels.

And a new body type is up! Strong.
---------------------
2nd character set is up, all seems good, but if you see anything let me know.
-----------------
A look at the 3rd character, let me know what you think about it, facial hair or no?
up on gallery.
----
2nd pose sheet filled up, child raises arms a bit on a laughing pose, mix with normal standing frame face (same as adult).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:16:18 PM by SwampBeast »

Rep:
Level 69
Small time spriter
I'm back (but not with drawings :/) , I've actually (more or less) been working on a project since I left, and since then I've stretched the Tyke by two pixels, around the torso and legs, and I've  changed other things too.. ;)

The original is still good but prepare to like Tyke a little more, I will edit the first post later, will let you know with an edit here.
---------------------------

[1st post edited, i will be adding the muscle body later on, i took it off at the last second because i want to shrink the head.]
-----------
Muscle body is up, it's late because believe it or not i have limited internet access for now ;\
I will be updating the title pic in a sec, and soon adding those extras again.

Good day folks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:59:19 PM by SwampBeast »