RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapspiration

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ugh, mapspiration. That's exactly what I need right now. Bloody dry spell, making games take so bloody long to make.

But then I see maps like these and wonder why I'm doing this in the first place.

God, they're so beautiful.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Revitalizing this thread with a game I came across yesterday called Amber Throne.

Full imgur album here.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
My god, I love that.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
http://riseofdragonsouls.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html

This guy is amazing. Their site's in spanish or something but srsly go look at their stuff.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:30:44 AM by Acolyte »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
that is so beautiful O_O

Though the sprites don't really compare to the awesomeness of the maps, honestly ;_;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Ara Fell has very concise, varied, detailed and attractive maps. It also makes good use of mobile actors and effects to liven up the scene.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8uXqQDhws" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8uXqQDhws</a>
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:13:10 PM by Irock »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Dear god that world is so cool *__*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
That second one suffers from tile-vomit, to be honest...

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I dunno, I thought it was cute. 
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
I don't think it's bad, I just think there's a little too much going on. It's better than the map being too bare, I suppose :P

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'll agree to that. I myself find that when mapping I try to make everything something to look at. It works for more chibi styles, but I have to say that the realism that the parallax maps are capable of is stunning. I just don't have a knack for it.

Oh no... Now I'm gonna go waste my time trying... Where's grafikal when you need him!?!?
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I liked the second map just fine. I think the main reason it looks like too much is because it's the RTP and the bright colors are all jumping out at once. Not a bad map, but the RTP is evil. :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
I just don't think you need something new on every tile, it's a bit much. There's a fine line between too empty and too full that you want to straddle.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's got about as much clutter as the first map, just a completely different style/tileset, and the clutter is a little less natural.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:06:11 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
I don't think the first map has as much; maybe it is an illusion caused by the pathway being more clearly defined, wider, and free from clutter.