RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Euphoria - Threat System

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
THREAT SYSTEM
V1.4

Introduction
The Threat System script is relatively simple. It adds a threat gauge in battle and allows the user to note tag skills with the amount of threat they add to the gauge. The actor with the highest threat level will be the target of enemy attacks.

Suggestions/Errors?
If you notice any errors or have any suggestions for this script, feel free to comment them here or on my website, thanks!

Special Thanks
Fomar0153 (Idea and Segment of Code)
TheoAllen (Help Resolving Issues With Code)
bloodyliao (bug reports)

Credits
Credit me (Euphoria) if you want to use this script. The rest of the terms of use are in the scripts header.

Download Below
Threat System Download
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:40:05 PM by Euphoria »
My Website:

:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Neato! :) Does the thread gauge replace TP, or is it something entirely separate?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I made it so that it replaces TP, cause I'm lazy, but I could easily make it work both ways with a little work. If that's something anyone is interested in I'll add it!
My Website:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
An idea: Could you theoretically make it so that it increases the threat level of targets with multiple buffs?

Example: Dan is level 29, Bob is level 31. Bob is naturally the bigger threat. But, Dan has a boost to STR, DEF and INT. This makes him considerably more dangerous than Bob for the time being, so enemies would focus on wiping out Bob.

I feel that would add an interesting layer to combat strategies.

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
That seems like it would be really tough to code since it would have be based on level and buffs, I could make a buff add to threat, but the level would take some thinking. I'll add it to my updates list! Thanks for the suggestion :)
My Website:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I think the trick would to be add a quantifiable degree of emphasis to each statistic. If A is higher than B by two levels, then that might be two points general emphasis. If B has STR and DEF buffed, that might be four points. Thus, B is the immediate threat. You'd have to tinker with a scale to see what felt fair, but yeah.

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Yeah, I'll get to figuring that out one day! I really like the idea, you have some pretty awesome ideas. So adding another thing to my to-do list xD

Also: Updated to V1.1 which adds compatibility with Yanfly's battle system.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:55:24 PM by Euphoria »
My Website:

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
V1.2 adds in two new options: random_chance and random_number. Random_chance, if set to true, will allow the enemies to target randomly(the normal way) sometimes. MOST attacks will still be aimed at the highest threat, but some can be random now. Random_number is a number that you can adjust to change the rate of random attacks. The higher you set this number, the lower the chances of a random attack will be.

I am still considering which options to add, as I have had a lot of suggestions for future versions.

Edit:

V1.3 adds an option to represent threat as user defined icons rather than a gauge
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:34:00 AM by Euphoria »
My Website:

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
1.4) States can now give/take threat, DEFAULT_STT is the amount used by states that are untagged. Skills/attacks with no  damage now add to threat IF they have valid effects (add a state or buff/remove a state or buff, etc). Buffs and debuffs can also give/take threat now through the variables DEFAULT_BF and DEFAULT_DB, or individually through the buff and debuff settings if IND_BF_RATE and IND_DB_RATE are set to true. RANDOM_CHNC has been changed to allow three  different styles of battle. All threat values can be be negative!
My Website:

Rep: +0/-0Level 33
RMRK Junior
I made it so that it replaces TP, cause I'm lazy, but I could easily make it work both ways with a little work. If that's something anyone is interested in I'll add it!

Sorry to bother you - went through your script several times trying to tweak this, but I can't program to save my life. I'm experimenting on a game with no MP. Do you have the time to provide?