RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Well since I see Zexion is going with the story thing as well I suppose I can tell mine.
Between thinking I had more time than I did, some laziness, coming up with a name for the game/prep work, and getting a lower back injury or something (not sure what happened there exactly but it is ok now at least) which left me not really wanting to work on the project at the time. In the end I really got most of the work done on the last day, though the prep work done before did help but it did play a part in not getting much work towards the game done since I did want to get further than what is shown and make things look a bit better. With any luck though I'll continue with this and get out what I wanted before as a demo which will be the prequel section of things.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
OKAY. Malson and I have a buncha programs set up and tested out that we're going to be using for the good ol' GIAW reviews. Now to eagerly await when the projects can be posted!

We're going to assume that every game is fair game (lol) for reviewing, UNLESS the creator states otherwise. ;o So, as Zylos said earlier, speak now or forever hold your peace! Please PM me or post here and let me know if you don't want your game reviewed!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Novice
Well... my game's background story is...

... At first i thought i could have some free time to make a project and finish it, then work and more and more resposabilities drop that time down i just had 1 ro 2 hour a day to make that.
So i use dead times (transportation, waiting for services, bathroom issues, etc...),  to think about the game and the way to solve the engines, i always brought a notebook, where i was writing whatever came to my mind, then i had the game idea on paper but nothing else, but later i wrote down the engines and possible scripts.

I decided to go in something short, but full of engines and systems, variables and choices

And with that i just started typing and selecting as fast as i could, what was already on paper, it took me some time to tune up some events, but everything ran good.
Once the game engine has been finished i just started to change music, sounds, charsets and tilesets, i also change the system and fonts to make it more look alike and to be small and not dependant of rtp.

I think i acomplished what i had in mind: short, clean and classic.

Rep:
Level 87
Alright, here's my story. This is going to be spoilertastic, so if you are a judge or you wanna play my game when I let people play it after judging is done and released, don't read this.

Spoiler for:
I started out thinking of a cool overall concept for the game. Basically, what would be the most memorable part of the game? I thought back to an idea I had a while ago which was that the player would be the murderer, but you'd never ever lose control over the character throughout the game. Then at the end when everyone is dead besides a select few, he would reveal his devious plans and control would switch to the leading girl (Mel in this case).

I decided on this concept on Sunday Night and started thinking up what mechanics would complement this well. I decided on the stealth and hidden mechanic. All of the characters are hiding from their problems in some way. Legi is hiding past mistakes. Doyle is running from those that threaten him. Mel is running from getting involved. Mechanics match the meaning.

All was perfect. In theory.

Day 1: Got all mechanics into the game (or so I thought).
Day 2: Get the game maps outlined (or so I thought).
Day 3: Got all mechanics into the game (Yep). Got the main menu screen working.
Day 4: Rushed out most of the story
Day 5: Rushed out the rest of the story, got some of the actual puzzles in and worked on the screen flip effect.
Day 6: Finished the final parts of the game and connected all scenes and maps together so it was at least playable.
Day 7: Playtested the game. Got to JUST before the screen flip moment. Didn't test the ending. Still crossing my fingers.
Day 7 At 11:00 PM: Wrote all of the music, threw it in there, packaged the game up and sent it in.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
It's cool to hear about everyone came up with the idea for their game and also how they implemented it!

I also think it's neat how we say "game in a week," when really it turns into "game in 23 hours."

I've got one last thing to reveal about an additional challenge for my game: donjon.

Not the guy, the website.

I love this site: http://donjon.bin.sh/

It's a random generator for pen and paper rpg's, sepcificilt
D&D, but can be used for other things.

Like, say, as many elements for a game as you can think of.

So that's what I did. I went to the world map generator, storyline generator, quest and main character generator and went to town.

But, as a challenge, I made  myself take the FIRST outcome I got, no matter what. The only thing I could do would be to tweak minor details. Names, places, story, it all had to be the same.

It was a fun extra challenge for me and gave me some extra motivation as well!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Hey, while everyone's waiting, would anyone like a tease for some scores so far?

Spoiler for Yes please!:

You sure? It really is just a tease!

Spoiler for Yeah! Show me!:

It could ruin some of our scores for you though! You absolutely sure?

Spoiler for YES I'M SURE!:

100%? You have been warned!

Spoiler for TEASE ME!:

BoE gave him a 10/10, but I was less impressed. Not enough fur for my tastes.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
1/10 terrible pattern, and the colors are just wrong :p
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 83
I give him an 8/10 for originality and polish!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I wanted scores!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I wanted scores!

ME TOO! :mad: instead I got legitimately grossed out. Butts are the worst.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
She's not only throwing tables, she's deflecting chairs. That's crazy.

Someone get her a job at WWE.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Woah where is that clip from I need 2 watch full version

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
"Black lady throws table"
"Riot Charlotte Ball 2013"

Enjoy the chaos.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Woah where is that clip from I need 2 watch full version

right click save as
go to google images
click on little camera in search bar
upload picture
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
even simpler... just use google chrome, right click on image, search google for this image...
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Well since everyone is doing it, this is how my game came about.

I was talking about not wanting to be in this competition to a friend and then he was like "but you should do it" so I was like "ok" and then I was like, "wait what will I make it about" and then I went to get dinner + dessert and while I was in line at the place I was like, "woah dude i just got the best idea for a game!" and then I made the game. The end!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
The end!

Inspiration strikes at the oddest moments.

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
^Indeed it does.

Also my game directly relates to how the idea came about. Kinda. You'll see eventually maybe I guess I dunno.
--

When can we be expecting scores? I am like an anxious wreck :S

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm going to try to get them all done by tomorrow at the latest, though with how long the video stuffs is taking, it'll likely be just the general breakdown and rankings, along with the review summations. We'll wait to do the videos for the after-contest reviews.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I'm going to try to get them all done by tomorrow at the latest, though with how long the video stuffs is taking, it'll likely be just the general breakdown and rankings, along with the review summations. We'll wait to do the videos for the after-contest reviews.

:cow: Yay!

Rep:
Level 83

:cow: Yay!

Hey!  That cow directly relates to my game! 

5 bucks says there are more cows in my project than any others!

-flap

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*____________* so excited
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
No scores posted yet ???

The anticipation is too much!

-flap

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's still 8/29 here, and probably only, like, 10 or 11pm for Zylos. (he's est, right?)

Not quite the 30th yet! ;o Almost, though!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]