RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Rep:
Level 83
Whoo, my game is turning out pretty fun, at least to me!  It's super cute, actually.  It involves a lot of animals and, uh, wizards... Man, that sounds weird, but I don't want to give away too much!

Anyway, just thought I'd update.  I have been working all week on game mechanics.  Just finishing them up tonight.  I don't even have any maps made yet...  Eek!  Only two more days!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
*___* you can do it!!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Yuyu is the first to submit an entry! We have one person (hiromu656) who will be due by the end of today (16th) and a small group of people joining in at the last minute to make things all that more interesting. It's slowly starting to get intense now, and we've barely even had the trash talk levels that we usually do!

KilgoreTrout - As Boe said, just let us know when you begin (or have already began), otherwise I'll assume you're starting on the 16th and will need to be ready to submit by the 22nd. Other than that, it's straightforward. :3

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Mine is due tomorrow and I am almost finished...but I feel like I am gonna get blown out of the water, some of your guys' previews are so fricken cool! Ah well, whatever, I learned some stuff so I guess it was worth it....I really want that dang pizza though.

Also I'm not gonna show any of my game because it's so short showing even like one thing would probably ruin it ahahahahaa... *crying*

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
You never know~

Just do the best that you can with what you got, and you might be pleasantly surprised. :3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member
'Tis true! B) Still confuses me though. Malson and I talked about it briefly today (very briefly).

I was thinking it was set up after something ultra annoying happened in the past or something, back in the RMRK stone age. :V

I think it was to make sure that judges made their own first impression of the game, rather than being able to see the feedback of the community first. That way, the judges couldn't modify their opinions based on what other people were saying about the game.

There was an incident in the past where someone posted his or her game early in another community and he got trashed, but I think that was after the rule was in place and he or she got disqualified anyway.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:31:38 PM by modern algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Right on the the head of the nail. Least that's what I've always thought about that particular rule.

Additionally, people can't go "Oh man, this is such an awesome game!" and then flip about the judges giving mediocre scores and vice versa for what people think to be a terrible game given decent scores. Having screenshots and details can help build hype and fun tension for the contest, but it's yet to be enough to sway anyone one way or the other, while the full game release could potentially do so.

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
You never know~

Just do the best that you can with what you got, and you might be pleasantly surprised. :3
Thanks for the encouragement. :3

Now I need to motivate myself to ACTUALLY FINISH THE DANG GAME!!!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Sign my team up! We're the... Ehhh.. We've got no name yet xD Just sign us up as "Kodi's Team" for now and I'll PM you with proper name when I have it. We're taking dates from 16th to 22nd. I lost last years but I hope to get somewhere this year! Good luck to all too! Hope some good fun games come out of this ^,^

M-Memedroid ?! (unless I'm mistaking you for someone else)

Well.. I'm not too sure who you think I am lol but you might have had played my last year's entry. It was called Memedroid: The Game. Currently working on continuation, and let me tell you one thing. We've just begun today but it looks promising :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
Sounds like fun, I'll start on the 16th

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The 16th is today, but as long as you're okay with the slight time difference between starting today and starting tomorrow, I'll put you down for the 16th.

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
My game has been submitted! I am so frickin tired of looking at it thank the lord it's out of my hands now. :P

In all seriousness I hope I do well and I enjoyed making it, and learned quite a bit from doing so.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Starting at midnight tonight. Trying to see if actually starting then is a good idea...

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Things are starting to roll now. Hiromu656 is due to turn in their project before midnight tonight. Yuyu and NekoBucket both weren't due until tomorrow night, but they managed to finish early and turn both of theirs in already. That leaves Legacy and flapbat as the next ones due in for the day after tomorrow.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I think it was to make sure that judges made their own first impression of the game, rather than being able to see the feedback of the community first. That way, the judges couldn't modify their opinions based on what other people were saying about the game.

Ohhh, that makes perfect sense! :D Thanks for clearin' that up, Modern!

There was an incident in the past where someone posted his or her game early in another community and he got trashed, but I think that was after the rule was in place and he or she got disqualified anyway.

I think that was jomar, right? That was basically his debut (GIAW 9, I think?). Unless I'm not remembering correctly. :V

Well.. I'm not too sure who you think I am lol but you might have had played my last year's entry. It was called Memedroid: The Game. Currently working on continuation, and let me tell you one thing. We've just begun today but it looks promising :P

I didn't just play it - I was one of the judges. :p Actually, I was hosting the contest that time around, so I was the one that signed you up (via IRC, I believe).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Live and let live
This is amazing. I mean, regardless of the prizes I think that this contest really encourages creativity in a very funny and also complicated way. I wish good luck to everyone  :D!

Rep:
Level 87
Things are starting to roll now. Hiromu656 is due to turn in their project before midnight tonight. Yuyu and NekoBucket both weren't due until tomorrow night, but they managed to finish early and turn both of theirs in already. That leaves Legacy and flapbat as the next ones due in for the day after tomorrow.

Looking back at my post, it was written a bit confusing. I said "Monday the 12th" which doesn't exist. I started Monday, so mine is due Sunday night tomorrow!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Never mind. I'm out. The idea I have isn't fleshed out enough to warrant me spending any more time on it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
that's the winning spirit
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Aww, I was looking forward to seeing what you could do. Maybe next time. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
By the way, I started Monday on a PST time, so it's midnight PST for my due day right?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME TO THE MAIZE ANYMORE, MALSON.

Yes Legacy, you start and end in your own timezone. Makes it easier for everyone that way. :3

Also, we've gotten our third entry in! Surprisingly, Malson is the only one to have dropped out so far. =O
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:08:42 AM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Never mind. I'm out. The idea I have isn't fleshed out enough to warrant me spending any more time on it.

You can't do this to us!!

I mean, my game certainly isn't going to be done either, even with the fact that I decided to split it into 13 chapters, and the 1st chapter is what my entry will be; I have ALOT left to figure out too, but it's going to give me alot more feedback by releasing a partially complete demo versus a full on game.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 64
Surprisingly, Malson is the only one to have dropped out so far. =O

I don't want him to feel like a loner; I'm dropping out as well.