RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
exhydra you outdo yourself as always :D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Looks awesome, Exhydra! :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Exhydra, your work is inspiring and I hate you.

It's complicated I know, but it's a compliment. Well done on that title screen sir!

-I go Boe and Exhydra confused. I apologize.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:40:53 PM by bluntsword »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Just curious - are you guys going to be passing them out as they come or waiting until the last day to distribute them to all judges? :D I think the first way might go a little faster, but that's your call, good sir host! B]

Also boe is ready to play some gaems B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 62
Yup, it's a yup
I'll be joining in on this again! I'll do the Sunday, August 17th - Saturday, August 23rd Schedule!

Got time off for next week, excited for this!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
What yuyu said, actually.
If we start getting them as they're done over the next week, we can start trying them and judging them ...well, as they come in.
If we wait and do them all at once though then it'll be a matter of waiting until everyone has time to sit and do all of them.
I know that I'm travelling on the finishing date so won't even be able to start until a day or two after the finishing date at least, while I have all week before that designed for little other than arse-scratching :)

Rep:
Level 64
I suppose I'll join, although I cannot promise I'll have anything to submit.

Sign me up for Saturday, August 16th - Friday, August 22nd.

Rep:
Level 82
Just popping in to say "Good Luck!" to all of the contestants this GIAW.

Hope to see some amazing games.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@Lige: Just wrap up loose ends and submit whatever you do have by your close date, don't stress too much about it, just try to learn and have fun doing it :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Yuyu - Actually I was planning to wait until I got all of the games so that there's no chance of bias for having to wait for that one last game or anything, but I agree that it would speed up the process to start the second that they're in. We'll see what we actually do when we start getting the entries in. Meantime, GET BACK TO WORK TIME IS RUNNING OUT AHHHHHHHH!

Worrierjeb and Lige, you're in. I'll update the list when back at my PC.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
If you're after opinions, Zylos, I think that getting the games spread out a bit would be in aid of preventing bias against them.

I expect that getting a couple of games to play and judge every few days would keep you fresh and clear so you can play them at a decent pace with breaks.
Getting given over a dozen games (people still joining every day) all at once and being told "Go!" will immediately feel as if there's a time pressure on to not fall behind other judges and have everyone waiting on me. Whether it be the intention or not, I'd expect people would feel a bit more pressured to sit and play through them in bulk, which is what will lead to far less attention being paid to whichever game gets played last. "Right, last one, then I can go to bed" or some such.

Not saying that's the attitude anyone would like or want to take, but there's always that worry. I reckon opinions will be fresher when there's fewer games to play at once.

Just my opinion ofc, up to you; not sure how the others feel :)

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Just lettin everyone know that I'm starting today :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Good luck! :3

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Sign my team up! We're the... Ehhh.. We've got no name yet xD Just sign us up as "Kodi's Team" for now and I'll PM you with proper name when I have it. We're taking dates from 16th to 22nd. I lost last years but I hope to get somewhere this year! Good luck to all too! Hope some good fun games come out of this ^,^

#Edit
Just got the team name lol. We're "Team Bayside", thanks again!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
 Lots of promise for this competition, good luck to all involved.  8)
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
More random pictures :

Lonil Ilrussa - Lead Programmer and Researcher

Random News Reporter used in the introduction

I am using 192x192 animated faces during the introduction before switching to the normal 96x96 animated faces in the game itself. I wish I had more time to customize each character ... but, must hurry!

Also, some hastily written background information for the setting (mostly just to solidify the idea in my head). Most of the following will only be touched on very lightly if at all within the game, so I thought I would go in detail for anyone interested (probably not many).

Spoiler for Setting:
Quiasas Energy and Rapid Progress
The denizens of Earth charged into the third decade of the twenty-first century on the back of a new energy resource. The man-made element Quiasium and reactors powered by the material had been pioneered in the later half of the decade prior, the output of which surpassed nuclear energy in efficiency. Touted as the answer to energy woes which plagued humanity in the past, the year 2035 saw Quiasis energy plants constructed in almost every country, thanks in part to the low safety requirements of the element.

Global Quiasas Disaster
At 17:31 on the 15th of August 2041, the Quiasas plant in Bloemfontein, South Africa suffered the first critical containment failure of fourty-nine that would occur that day in different areas of the world. There were two culprits. First and foremost, the incredible solar storm which dwarfed even the 1859 phenomenon, smashing against the magnetic field of Earth and wrecking havoc with electronics. The second, an unforeseen issue with Quiasium and exposure to massive amounts of geomagnetically induced currents, overpowering weak and in most cases, poorly implemented protection systems.

Arrival of Foreign Entities
However, the Quiasas energy plants that suffered failures did not cause explosions or melt down, they did something far worse. The failing reactors opened massive spacial rifts, causing large portions of continents from foreign worlds -- including the cities and the inhabitants therein -- to abruptly overwrite the Earth at or around an area of a critical failure, instantly annihilating millions of lives over the course of the day. Amid the rampaging solar storm which disrupted or destroyed orbiting satellites as well as other options for communication on the ground, the chaos only mounted.

Global Political Instability and Peace
The catastrophic situation spiraled further out of control as the aggressive and territorial race called the Xa'Dess lashed out at the technologically inferior neighbors which they had acquired, seizing further amounts of land beyond what was brought with them. The slightly more advanced Raui, the second race to be tossed upon the Earth, opted for a defensive posture whilst attempting to determine what had occurred. Eventually, the combined effort of other races assisted in stemming the constant advance of the Xa'Dess and forcing an uneasy peace; saber rattling and brinkmanship becoming a bi-yearly event.

Aftermath
Australia, South America, New Zealand and New Cuba are the new power centers of the free world while nearly all of North America, Europe and portions in Russia and Asia have been seized by the Xa'Dess. The current year is 2048, with the conflict dragging out for nearly three years before reaching the constantly contested peace which has since lasted for almost ten years. Adaption to the radical changes has been embraced by some and rejected by others, creating tension and aggression which is certain to last for decades to come. However, the sharing of Raui technology has aided humanity as well as their foreign benefactors, providing new fields of science to explore.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:39:40 AM by exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
I'd like to announce my intent to join.  This might be a repost, this forum confuses me. 
Let me know if there's any other information I need to include.
edit: my starting date is the 17th.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:12:03 PM by KilgoreTrout »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
:)

Time Slots:
  • Sunday, August 10th - Saturday, August 16th
  • Monday, August 11th - Sunday, August 17th
  • Tuesday, August 12th - Monday, August 18th
  • Wednesday, August 13th - Tuesday, August 19th
  • Thursday, August 14th - Wednesday, August 20th
  • Friday, August 15th - Thursday, August 21st
  • Saturday, August 16th - Friday, August 22nd
  • Sunday, August 17th - Saturday, August 23rd

To join in, simply post us a shout out that you'd like to enter in and tell us when your start date is gonna be. If you're super late to join in and want to start in after the 17th, you will be allowed, but you'll still have to submit your final product in by the last due date of the 23rd. This way the contest may properly end on time without being unfairly dragged on for those who are already done with their submissions.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Woot! Good luck, everyone!!

For once, I'm pretty sure I'll actually make a (FULL) game on time. ;_; Oh, wowz!

Yuyu - Actually I was planning to wait until I got all of the games so that there's no chance of bias for having to wait for that one last game or anything, but I agree that it would speed up the process to start the second that they're in. We'll see what we actually do when we start getting the entries in. Meantime, GET BACK TO WORK TIME IS RUNNING OUT AHHHHHHHH!

I actually think it really helps to have one day set aside (or a couple hours) to go back and adjust the scores. :) That helped me out a ton when I was judging. I played the first couple games with high expectations and by the end of the contest, went back and adjusted them. Even with them all spread out, I think it really helps! ^_^

Just popping in to say "Good Luck!" to all of the contestants this GIAW.

Hope to see some amazing games.

U stay :mad: forever

Sign my team up! We're the... Ehhh.. We've got no name yet xD Just sign us up as "Kodi's Team" for now and I'll PM you with proper name when I have it. We're taking dates from 16th to 22nd. I lost last years but I hope to get somewhere this year! Good luck to all too! Hope some good fun games come out of this ^,^

M-Memedroid ?! (unless I'm mistaking you for someone else)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Starting now. Friday August 15 till whenever the next Thursday is.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
im gona beat u malson
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
thats my desicsion because i deside who lifes and who dyes
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:35:14 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Welp, I'm done! Game has been submitted! ^_^

I honestly think this was one of my absolute favorite games to make...ever. ;_;

*edit* Now I wish I didn't have to wait til the scores are out to make my project public. ;9 I never knew why we did that, but rules are rules. ;]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:11:50 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Can still post screenies and stuff, just nothing playable :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
'Tis true! B) Still confuses me though. Malson and I talked about it briefly today (very briefly).

I was thinking it was set up after something ultra annoying happened in the past or something, back in the RMRK stone age. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]