RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
One last screen.

I submitted my game. Good luck everybody.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Can't wait to see more screenies and teasers, looking exciting so far o:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Hang on, did I forgot to press my brain switch or am I missing something?
I thought you were judging, boe? Are you submitting one just for fun, or has something changed?

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
I was gonna post a teaser and then I realized I have literally nothing to tease. My game is so stupid. I want the judges to get the full blast of stupid when they play it. I don't wanna ruin it.

Also yeah boe is definitely judging he's just a silly nerd. :3

Rep:
Level 83
Hiya Boe.  Want me to clean up thine Auld Ingrish a bit?  Thou/thy/thine  eth/est  hast etc.  There are actually some fun rules for second and third person context:

"I am dead, but thou must findest my slayer, dear boy.  'Tis the only thing thou canst do."

If you like, if it's not too late... I'd be glad to help!

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
No need, but thank you. :3
As people guessed, I was just having a bit of fun. Those screen shots are the only thing that exists of that game, and I don't have any plans to make more.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Novice
I'll start on Sunday 17th (i hope!)

I couldn't understand all the Zylo's speech but it seems like:
rules are same as always,
game theme is free
and keep short and nice.

See you all in the finish lane :D

Good luck to everyone!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This is turning more into Game in 3 Days for me, I'm kinda lazy. But I drew my main character, she's a Dead Ghost Summoning Girl (that's probably going to be my title).

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Is she a dead ghost girl that summons things, a girl that summons dead ghosts, a dead girl that summons ghosts or a ghost that summons dead girls?

O_O

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
lol yeah, which is it?! Love the art by the way!
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
The last game is due on the 23rd, also Doctor Who. Who's looking forward to episode 1 or season 8?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
So, it appears I'm putting alot of detail into some of the simplest things! Perfect example, just stumbling across a little group of health potions on a table, triggers this event to check if you have 0, 1, or 2+ health potions in your inventory, and changes what is displayed based on this.

I do hope the judges like the detail put into small things like this :)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Well I see people are getting into it and I might join in with some spoiler/teaser stuff here and there depending on how things go (since I have yet to get much prep work done yet before my start date, though it is on my to do list). Regardless hopefully I can get what I'm hoping to get in the end out of it.

The idea is that this time I'm going with something of a adventure/survival horror kind of deal again except I'm taking some influence if you will from Another and Corpse Party, but if anything I'm thinking you should expect zombies. This is subject to change but I'll see how things go towards this idea first at least.

Other than that I'm curious exactly how we are to submit our entries, do we just put a link here or do we PM it to Zylos or what exactly? I don't recall seeing anything about it on the main post so I'm assuming it is just a PM unless we want others to be able to check out the entry.

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, PM it to Zylos. He'll give it out to all the judges.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Some of the entrants should be finished in the next couple of days as well, looking forward to seeing what people have got to offer!

How exciting :)

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I'm not sure when I start. Do I start/end in my timezone, or is there a specific one for the contest?

Rep:
Level 83
@PhoenixFire:  Your dialog and text branches remind me of Parasite Eve 2!  Love the detail!

@Boe:  That's awesome.  Quirky screenshots for a game that doesn't exist, lol  :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
SamieltheMDS - You upload it somewhere private-ish like a DropBox account or Sendspace or whatever hosting sites you prefer, and then you simply PM the link to me (preferably along with the title and a brief description/summary of your game) whenever you're ready to submit. When the last of the projects are in, I compile everything and pass it out to each of the judges myself as I go over some details with them.

Chaos_Zexion - You may start in your own timezone, we trust ya on that. It's usually easy enough to check where a contestant is timezone wise anyways, although it does help letting us know in advance instead of looking it up.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Alright, thanks zylos.

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Artist
We will participate, we are two makers, the other maker have to register? and we take Friday, August 15th - Thursday, August 21st if today when you see the post is 14th. Which is the time zone of the competition? cause we dont know if we have problems with the time cause the time zone.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Nope, just one registered person is good enough to enter in both of you, though a name for the partner would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned for Chaos_Zexion, you may start and end in your own timezone, it's not specifically based.

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Artist
Ok, thank you then ^^ Im prefer be called Darkness, and he is called Axel.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
The Axel of Darkness. Or the Darkness Axel. Either way, welcome to the competition!

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Since I did not use my idea during the last GIAW due to judging, I decided to start over and change the story somewhat.

Pretty much everything in the background is rotating or scrolling (too lazy to make a video capture). I am hoping to have the introduction complete by the end of the day. I am already a day behind, due to bumbling around, trying to decide what to do ... so I am really rushing to catch up, at the moment.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5