RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Couldn't agree more. It may be a competition, but it's still all a game. About games. About making games! To be played! Even making them is playing part of the game, it's all just about having fun and sharing creativity and ideas with people who just want to have fun and experience others' creativity and inventions.

Even a frankly terrible submission would still be a valuable learning experience for the creator, still get them valuable critique from the competition and, as Zylos said, may even still pleasantly surprise you.

Giving up and submitting nothing will do nothing but ruin your confidence and creative drive. Make a game and have fun :)

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Hey, I have a quick question, would it be okay if I have my husband playtest for me? If not that's fine~ Just figured I'd ask before doing something I'm not sure about.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
That's perfectly fine, I always get the boyfriend to test out my projects for me before submission.

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Awesome, thanks!

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
~anxiously awaits start date~
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Just got back from my last day at work! :-) So far, the game is coming along nicely. I'll try to get some screenshots for you guys! (We need more GIAW screenshots ;_; )
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I just started my project today in RM2K.  Gonna be quite a time-crunch!  Can I please have my official start date changed to today (Monday) instead of yesterday??  I'm really having fun, but I didn't start until 2 hours ago.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Introducing...the Wyvern! ;o Here's a teaser with the backstory (and logo) of my game! ^_^

Centuries ago, the Ice Lord, God of winter, sought to
freeze the world and bring mankind to extinction. Only
the mighty wyvern clan, with their blazing breath,
could sustain in such eternal winters.

The noble dragons suggested a bond between wyvern
and man - a soul pact that would create the existence
of the Dragonmen. These new beings contain the great
combined power of the two races and can resist the
harsh winters of the Ice Lord.

Unbeknownst to the Dragonmen, the Ice Lord conspires
to destroy the soul pact and eliminate both races once
and for all.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
Yuyu!  That sounds great!  I'm excited to see and play it!

My project is a light-hearted action/adventure game with some fun mechanics that seem to be turning out pretty well so far. : )

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks! :-) I'm excited to see these features! ^_^

First screenshot?! :o (I think? Too lazy to go back and check ;9) Here's my (animated!) title screen ;o

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Signing up for a timeslot of 17-23.  Here's hoping I don't make any design mistakes like last year.

For those who were curious, last year's mistake involved a large class system, 200+ skills and 80+ statuses.  I tend to think huge.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
You'll do ten times better this year then. We always learn from our past mistakes to improve in future projects. :3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aim small and add on later! ;)

(Now I just need to take my own advice... ;9 I'm *trying* that method this time...)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Judge bribes always work :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Wait, that was always an option in the past? FUCK I NEED TO GO BACK IN TIME BEFORE I WASTE TOO MUCH OF MY LIFE AWAY FROM THESE CONTESTS!!!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Aim... Small?

Hmm. This concept. It seems so foreign.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Aim for the moon, shoot for the stars, but really just hit the buses and the cars
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sophist finds the perfect words again! ;]

Speaking of aiming small, I'm just going to go ahead and use the generator this time around, to save myself the work of making a ton of characters. ._. I'm also obviously aiming small with the story - going for something pretty simple. Anyways, the Dragonmen are going to have pointy ears, facial markings, and (of course) wings. ;o

One of the select-able heroes, Dragon Knight Emeran:

I'm just posting random pictures because I like them GIAWs filled with pictures ;] we didn't get enough of that last time.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I like it! Nice character yuyu. I'm really wanting to start on mine, but I have a conference this thursday and friday and a full Saturday. Just gotta hold off until my start date and get going then!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks, bluntsword! B) I can't wait to see what you come up with this time! ;o

Also, just to be clear:

"Monday, August 11th - Sunday, August 17th"

Means my project is due 11:59pm on Sunday, August 17th? So, I have the 17th to work on it, up until midnight when it hits the 18th?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Correct. You may work and submit anytime before the 18th.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Got it! :-) Thanks for gettin' back to me so quick! B)

You are prompt, good sir! *_*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Here are some screenshots from my game. I'm worried I won't be able to finish on time.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
But... But... Dad!?