RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Switch Between members in equip screen [VXACE]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
(RPG MAKER VX Ace) Switch Between members in equip screen
August 2nd, 2014

Summary
Pressing left or right switches to another actor.

Features Desired
  • Switch between actors
  • Left = previous
  • Right = next

Mockups
n/a

Games its been in
    Final Fantasy
    Mario RPG
    RPG #123
    Most JRPGs I can think of

Did you search?
Yes.

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • That script search

What did you search for?
  • rpg maker vx ace switch between members in equip screen
  • rpg maker vx ace change actors in equip
  • rpg maker vx ace change members in equip
  • rpg maker vx ace equip menu switch member
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Are you using a custom equip screen?

In the default one, if I enabled this option you'd have serious trouble picking the equipment you wish to equip if you had a decent selection (as it's a double column list, so left/right movement is essential).

Also, just in case you weren't aware. This already exists in the game engine itself. When on the equip screen, you can press Q/W to switch between your actors respectively.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Are you using a custom equip screen?
No.

In the default one, if I enabled this option you'd have serious trouble picking the equipment you wish to equip if you had a decent selection (as it's a double column list, so left/right movement is essential).
I didn't know that. :o
I guess I haven't made a long enough game yet. ;-;

Also, just in case you weren't aware. This already exists in the game engine itself. When on the equip screen, you can press Q/W to switch between your actors respectively.
I didn't know about that.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Do you still want this done since left/right are kind of being used already, and Q/W will switch actors for you?
My Website:

:tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
There's no place where using the left and right cursor keys is really a feasible option, seeing that the equip scene brings you straight to the option selection of "Change, Optimize, Clear", which is navigated by those keys (which is kinda dumb?). I'd say just keep it as is and make it clear to a player that they can move about the characters with Q/W.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
I'm fine, thank you. I didn't know about the Q/W thing.

Edit: Sorry about that. The left/right thing was because I was also going to ask the same be done with the skills menu and got them mixed in meh brains. If it were done I would have liked it to be up/down to change actors.

Sorry for being a derp. .-.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&