RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Marlene FTW!
My Website:

:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm actually surprised that Diora and Elsie don't have any votes (except for my one vote on Diora so I can follow the results). They're so lovely! ;___; I actually expected Ren to be the favorite (people usually pick the "badass" characters), but it looks like its a tossup between Marlene and Nadia - the two younger cuties. :V

Whenever my sis completes Elliot, I'll make a poll for the guys, too. B) Predicting that Roderick will be the favorite.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Nadia is mah favorite :P

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I actually expected Nadia to be the least favorite, but she's winning. o.o Only because I thought everyone would be more into the doomy-gloomy girls, over the happy-go-lucky, sweet ones. B) I'm glad that her happy personality is getting appreciated. ;_;

You guys are breaking my gamer stereotypes! :V

*edit*

Who's the other Diora vote? ;o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:45:11 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
personality is getting appreciated.

Wait.. personality? But the question says: "Which female do you like da best?" It's nothing about personality! There is clearly contradiction here!
Ahem.
I just feel sorry for other girls (especially Diora and Nadia), because there was only 1 vote, and I had really hard time, trying to figure out which girl should I give this vote. Because, actually, no one of them five looks like "my favorite girl type".
So, to be honest, I failed to choose between their personalities. Thats why...
*desk slam* *music*
In the end I just used formulation of question and gave my vote to Ren based purely on her visuals! I really like her hairstyle!

Also, if you still curious about:
*edit* Once the last two are done, maybe I'll put up a poll or something. *_* I can't decide whether to ask "who would be your main character" or "who would you marry". D:
I can answer both of this, simultaneously. I want to play as Arthemes and Roderick, and marry Diora and Nadia. Yes, aiming for canon pairings   :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:16:25 PM by AlexArmstrong »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just feel sorry for other girls (especially Diora and Nadia), because there was only 1 vote, and I had really hard time, trying to figure out which girl should I give this vote. Because, actually, no one of them five looks like "my favorite girl type".
So, to be honest, I failed to choose between their personalities. Thats why...
*desk slam* *music*
In the end I just used formulation of question and gave my vote to Ren based purely on her visuals! I really like her hairstyle!

Hahaha, that honestly made my day! B) Yes, Ren's hairstyle tends to be very popular. ;o

I actually kind of expected Diora to be low on votes, because her personality is so hard to define. She stands out the most when she shows her "other side" - which is basically a half-crazy, battle thirsty wench. At first glance, she may appear like a "stereotypical maternal female". Aside from the fact that she fights like a demon. ;) But personality aside, and looks-wise...I dunno. :V They're all really pretty. ;o;

As for Elsie, I'm not sure. o.o Her character is probably going to see some of the most development, alongside Marlene. They both have traumatizing childhood events that make them the way they are - which ended up showing in totally different ways. Elsie is the more harsh, guarded one, and Marlene is the one that refuses to grow up.

I'm planning on having each of them have some super important event that tells you a great deal more about them (if they like you a certain amount). *__*

I want to play as Arthemes and Roderick, and marry Diora and Nadia. Yes, aiming for canon pairings   :)

^_^ That's awesome! Those are two of my...okay, so I like every pairing. :mad:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:52:06 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Diora was a close second to my vote for Marlene.

And so far I do like Roderick the most out of the guys. I think it's cause of his cool looking armor stuff, and that he's a blacksmith, which I find cool for some strange reason.
My Website:

:tinysmile:

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
I chose Nadia, just because like...her looks and her personality sound sooo cute, I want to hug her! So she's my favorite so far. I was really tempted to choose either Ren or Diora just because of how pretty they are though...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww, thanks guys! I love hearing what you guys think about the characters. ;_; It's giving me and my sis so much pride in this game! ^_^

My sister is planning on creating a special picture for the winning Male and Female (well...sort of special!). :V Right now, three of the girls are tied. I'm probably going to wait 1-2 more days to take down the poll for the girls (or until Elliot is done). If it stays a tie, I'll roll a dice or something to determine who gets to be the artwork. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Two things to post now! ;__; First, the final male is all done!! That means I'll be changing the poll at the top. B) Many of the girls were tied in votes, so the female in the special artwork is going to be random between the highest votes. ;o

Elliot

Elliot is respected by almost everyone because of his warm personality and calm nature. He gets along well with women especially, often seen as the epitome of chivalry - a "Prince Charming" bachelor. He's a peaceful man, but can be a bit dramatic and overzealous when it comes to relationships. Despite his social nature, he is also secretly attracted to the occult. He primarily relies on his superb defense in combat, but is also very capable with magic.

*Elliot will move out of his house and into the farm if he is the main character. His sister (Summer) will take over his previous home.
*Elliot is canon with Elsie.

And next...a map! Well, more like my experimentation with parallax mapping, to get a better idea of what I want to do. Whether we go with this or not isn't assured yet. But here's a rough idea of what we might do:

Spoiler for Diora&Marlene's House:

The map was largely inspired by Joy's awesome mapping. ;__;
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:17:20 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Lucas is my fave guy. <3 Damnnnnnnnnnn he is cute as hell.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Arthemes ftw

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
a korera no shonen wa, watashi wa jibun jishin o atsukau koto ga dekinai hijo ni kawaidesu

* Kanashi kao *
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not including me and my sister's votes, ALL of the guys tied, except Clyde. So, we asked my older sister to pick someone for the tie-breaker, and she picked Clyde. So, THEN they were ALL tied.

So, we had to ask my mom to be the tie-breaker and finally got a winner. :V The winning female was Nadia and the winning male was Elliot! So, as promised, here's the special artwork:

Spoiler for:
The winners just got married! :-)

This graphic is going to show up in game as the cutscene for when the player gets married! Yes, there will be a version of it for every couple. I know that seems like a lot of work but it's already done! ;o How? Because we're cheaters. It's a secret to everybody! Huehuhue.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Oh that's cool, they were both my favorites... no homo?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dr. Mc started on the NPCs! :-) First, we bring you the Queen herself! The one and only hero of the original TLP (and the many sequels/remakes I've attempted in the years since)!

Kailah

Kailah has never been the prime example of a lady, which can partially be blamed on her being raised in a commoner setting, surrounded by only Leon, Vance, and Gaven (her foster father). She's quite stubborn, so changing her will result in failed attempts. Instead, she's the one that sets the trends and inspires those around her with her no-nonsense, assertive attitude. She can say whatever is on her mind, and will only spare the feelings of those that she actually likes (which is most people, thankfully). In general, she's easy to get along with and enjoys a round of jokes, even during important royal meetings. As the epitome of light, she's not afraid to balance mercy and swift justice. Luckily, she seems to always know what to do and can easily be depended on.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This looks great, can't wait to try it out!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww, thanks! ^_^

I've been getting some work done with maps lately, but school likes to get in the way. :V Luckily, my sister managed to finish another NPC! ;_;

Leon

Leon is one of Queen Kailah's two generals (the second being his brother, Vance). The three of them grew up together, in a secluded Rewing territory, before fighting together to recapture Lhuvia. While Leon's other two companions enjoyed the adventure, he would have preferred to live a life of peace - there's no denying that he's the laziest of the trio. To his advantage, he's perhaps the most diplomatic when it comes to talking his way out of a conflict...unless he manages to get dragged down by his edgy twin brother. Leon loves two things more than anything: art and Kailah. He draws scenery quite well, but the only person he can seem to draw is the Queen herself. It's no secret to everyone that he's had a crush on her for many years - something that she prefers to not address. In combat, he is very skilled and quick on his feet...not that he prefers to fight.

Quiet edit ;o

I've started making the permanent maps! Been going through a graphical phase! I switch between writing, graphics, and mechanics when I get bored ;] Anyways, here's how the maps are generally going to look:

Spoiler for:
(Placeholder character graphic. I've been using RTP characters for now, so I wanted to check and see what the taller sprites look like. That's actually a character from Major Arcana that never got introduced.)

I got tired of parallax mapping because of how time consuming it is (not to mention how much FPS the game will have when I use too many pictures at a time). But I also didn't want to use tilesets because of how little flexibility they offer. Sooo, I went for something in-between. ;] Also have a version of everything complete for all four seasons. Winter was a pain. :mad:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:11:49 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vance

Vance is Queen Kailah's second general and Leon's nonidentical twin brother. Unlike his brother, he is quite passionate and loves adventure and excitement. His hasty attitude gives him an unfortunate "meat-head" personality and he is not often complemented for his brains. In fact, one might stoop as low as to call him "naive", though his great will and strength makes him a more than capable person.  He doesn't always think things through, but his heart is in the right place and he's a very heroic man. At least...most of the time. Other times, he might lean a little more towards egotism. In combat, he makes a fierce, powerful companion and will never let his comrades down.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maps sample! I redid Diora/Marlene's house. ;o

Spoiler for:
Downstairs:

Upstairs:

Alita

Alita is Clyde's adorable, spirited younger sister. Formerly a noblewoman, she abandoned her title to be beside the humble priest that she fell in love with (Thane). Although still fairly tender-aged, she is already married and living happily in Noverno where she and her husband run the town's clinic. She has a knack for all kinds of magic, but ultimately prefers to help Thane with healing practices. Her fiery temper serves as a reminder that she's equally capable of hurting and healing, should anyone get on nerves. Lightly put, she's the type of woman that knows how to get what she wants, or else she is known to throw adult tantrums. She's just as spoiled as her brother, but oddly tends to get along better with other people (no matter how sassy she can be).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
Oh my god, I am definitely in love with this. <3 The graphics and art look so beautiful, and the characters, though they may seem stereotypical, aren't at all! They're unique and interesting. ^^

Good luck with this! I'll be definitely playing it as soon as it's done. :D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww, thanks! ;_; I'm glad you like it! :ladyj: Sadly, it's far from being done. But for the most part, the game is coming along nicely! Just a lot of writing and graphics left to do (with some mechanics needed). :yuyu:

The OP is a little sloppy as far as features and story are concerned, so I'll definitely have to fix those at some point. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]