RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
New bachelor! *___* Only 2 of the 10 marriageable options left to create!! *edit* We're probably going to give him scars on his arms to flaunt his manliness. Maybe. ;o

Roderick

Roderick has lived a rough life, often scorned and mistreated because of his Eclantian blood - the fabled "cursed" tribe. As tensions with the Eclantians died down, Roderick still found himself unable to trust anyone around him. He has no desire to win over the hearts of others, so saying exactly what's on his mind (no matter how harsh) comes naturally for him. He doesn't like to talk to others very much, but what has been gathered is that he previously fought in the war and seems to enjoy battle. Many conceive the idea that he is quite bloodthirsty and uncivilized, but he can be a very respectful man if someone goes through the efforts of getting to know him. Anyone that finds their way to his good side is sure to be met with a very loyal, protective friend.

*Roderick is canon with the oh-so-cute Nadia.
*If you choose to play as Roderick, he will simply move into the farm instead of working as a blacksmith.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:09:07 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
Looks good :D I think it's the first farming game where the bachelors look cool, instead of girlish. Good job.

Of the current bachelors I think I would choose Lucas but reading some descriptions I see something it could be problematic... If the main character you choose runs a shop who's going to take his/her place? Because if I understand it correctly if you choose Roderick there's no blacksmith at all in your town... I hope I misunderstand it...

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I'm sure there would be a replacement.

Still looking good! And once a finish this next pain in the ass script I'll let you know, and I'll help out with the database (if you still need the help)!
My Website:

:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Looks good :D I think it's the first farming game where the bachelors look cool, instead of girlish. Good job.

Oh, gosh, I know the feeling! *___* I often struggle to pick someone to marry in HM/RF because I felt creepy marrying what looked like young boys. ;___;

Of the current bachelors I think I would choose Lucas but reading some descriptions I see something it could be problematic... If the main character you choose runs a shop who's going to take his/her place? Because if I understand it correctly if you choose Roderick there's no blacksmith at all in your town... I hope I misunderstand it...

Roderick works with a guy named "Cyphr" - some old, short dude that's always drunk. :V Cyphr is the one that actually owns the blacksmith shop, and Roderick works under him. Actually, there's always going to be at least 2 people working at each place, in order to give the other some time off! There's a certain NPC, Summer, that will fill the position of whoever you choose as the player. Her brother (who will be the final bachelor!) talks her into getting a job, so no matter who you pick, she'll take their job. Even if that means selling magic at the library...which she will be sure to constantly complain about! ;o

Still looking good! And once a finish this next pain in the ass script I'll let you know, and I'll help out with the database (if you still need the help)!

I messed with the database just a little, to add in the crops and seeds and a couple tools, but that's it! :-)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

I made Roderick better

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
is that my papa?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Needs more manly strong-arm lumberjack type bachelors.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spoiler for:

I made Roderick better

Huh :V Looks a lot more like...

Spoiler for This handsome fellow:

Needs more manly strong-arm lumberjack type bachelors.

I've noticed that two of my bachelors look very masculine, and two look like rich pretty boys. The last one is going to be a mix between knight and pretty boy. :V Originally, Arthemes was supposed to be pretty masculine, too, but he came out looking more like Clyde's build. ;_; But I guess I like him this way. B) And Clyde was supposed to be the least masculine.

That being said, there's going to be at least 2 or 3 buff, bearded dudes in town that aren't bachelors. ...Maybe that's a bit too much manliness for one town, though. o_o (Out of 19 characters?)

*edit* Once the last two are done, maybe I'll put up a poll or something. *_* I can't decide whether to ask "who would be your main character" or "who would you marry". D:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:45:31 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hit a bit of a wall with the mapping, but in the mean time, I made you a sprite.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hit a bit of a wall with the mapping, but in the mean time, I made you a sprite.

So cute! ;_____; That's exactly the look I had in mind, too! :gracie: Is that based off of the Mack style-ish? ^_^

Also, no worries! I went ahead and started making map concepts and placeholders. :] It shouldn't be too hard to replace them later on, too!

A little update! More features that I forgot I needed. And all placeholder maps that have to do with the farm are complete. B]

Spoiler for Fodder Storage System:
Okay, so ignore the fact that there's two of the same character. :V The other one was the first I picked to sit as a "test" that gives you fodder, etc, and will not stay in the game.

The system is pretty basic - you choose to "Store" or "Take" fodder from the storage. What I spent all my time on was making the system allow the player to take all or store all. Basically, if the player tries to store 90 Fodder while only carrying 10, the system will automatically store what you do have - the 10. That way, if you don't want to go to a specific number but would prefer to just store everything you have, just hit one key to go to a ridiculous max number and it will store what you do have.

You can take fodder in a similar method. If you try to carry more than 99, RPG Maker will basically "kill" the extras by default, so I set up the storage to know how much you can still carry so that you can't exceed that number and none of it is wasted. For example, if you are carrying 80 fodder and try to take out 20, the system does the math and only has you take out 19.

Gonna do the same thing for the lumber storage, too! *__*

Spoiler for Farm animals:
The animal events are still a WIP, but I've got the basic features done.

Feeding - Your animals don't die when you forget to feed them, but they do lose affection towards the player. I'm still considering this one. I'll probably let the player sell their animals if you really wanna get rid of them.
Brushing - You will have a brush that you can use to increase affection by brushing your animals once a day.
Items - Your animals will drop items for you once a day, as long as they are fed. Depending on how much the animal likes you, they will give you better quality goods. Cows give Milk, Sheep drop Wool, and Chickens lay Eggs.

The max Cows/Sheep you can have in the Barn is 8. You can also have 8 Chickens in the Coop. I'm also considering adding in different colored animals, to make telling your animals apart easier.

I'm also probably going to add in a horse and pets (a choice between a dog or cat). :]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:37:26 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow, those are pretty cute! ;_; Do they have directional templates, too?

My sister started drawing some full-body quick concept art, and I thought they were cute, so I posted them on the main post under "Characters". ;_; I'll post them here, too:

Spoiler for Full Body Concept Art (Female):
Diora:

Marlene:

Ren:

Nadia:

That might help out with the sprites! :-) I noticed Diora's outfit looks a tiny bit different. We should have posted outfit concepts sooner. ;_; I had a bunch of them drawn out for my sister to use, but they looked a little sloppy. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
no other templates unfortunately :c
I think I'll manage though

super rough forward walk progress:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Super rough forward walk progress:

I love it!! ;o; Looks really spot on! o.o The only thing she's missing is the weird backwards hairband thing behind her ear (I'm not sure what it is :V)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
the weird backwards hairband thing behind her ear (I'm not sure what it is :V)

Armor :V

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
;____; Oh mi gosh. All the Bachelorettes are now complete!! Elsie was actually tacked on at the end (along with Elliot). Originally, there was only going to be 4 males and 4 females. But I'm so glad we added her... ;_; She's awesome <3

Elsie

More commonly known as "Nadia's sister", Elsie tends to leave a less positive impact. It's not that she's a bad person, nor does anyone really dislike her. She just has a knack for not beating-around-the-bush and says exactly what's on her mind. Yet, Elsie goes through extreme lengths to hide her own sensitivity, in order to appear as the strong person her little sister knows her to be. She's very intelligent and gifted with magic, but prefers not to draw attention to herself. Unlike her sister, she's not out to make friends with everyone.

*If the player chooses to play as Elsie, she will move out of her current home (the shop that her mom owns).
*Elsie is canon with Elliot.

*EDIT*

Since all the females are done, I'm going to go ahead and throw up a poll to see which one is da best (female) because me and Dr. Mc are curious. *__*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:42:03 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Super rough forward walk progress:

I love it!! ;o; Looks really spot on! o.o The only thing she's missing is the weird backwards hairband thing behind her ear (I'm not sure what it is :V)

aw man, I knew I was forgetting something .-.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aw man, I knew I was forgetting something .-.

It's okay, it took me forever to notice, too. ;__; Also, nice avatar! ;o

lol boe
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Still needs some editing, but she has a headband thingy. :>

also, some progress on marlene:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahhhh! Theysocute ;___; ! The walking animation is pretty smooth! o.o Also Marlene is lookin' awesome so far! ;o;

I don't know if you know about this site or not, but figure I should share in case it helps. :] If you get stuck with the directional frames or just want more hair, clothing, etc bases to work with, the Mack Sprite generator may come in handy (since they look fairly similar!) ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Strangely enough,none of these pictures work for me... I can't see them, or open them separately in a tab...?
My project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Strangely enough,none of these pictures work for me... I can't see them, or open them separately in a tab...?

Uh oh! o.o That's weird...they show up just fine for me and my sis. You can't see any of the pictures at all in the thread? They're all through imgur, I think, so maybe the site was down or something?

Anyone else having this problem? ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
No problems here, capi-tan!

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Nevermind; they seem to work again now. It may have been my connection, I suppose.  :sdog:
My project: