RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
So this game takes place AFTER 'The Lady Paladin' or is it the same characters but in another setting? :yuyu:
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
So this game takes place AFTER 'The Lady Paladin' or is it the same characters but in another setting? :yuyu:

ehehehehe :yuyu: you're probably the only person on RMRK that would recognize the reference! ;)

It takes place after TLP! :-)

By the way, a lot of the names were changed up because the characters developed into people that are quite different from who/what they were originally named as. That's why we have Diora, Marlene, and Lucas. Lucas was previously known as Lloyd, and you can probably guess who Diora and Marlene are. :] They've also undergone several changes in my attempts to remake the game, so Diora now has brown hair (instead of blue) and Marlene's hair got cut. Artimus is going to get changed to "Arthemes", since I decided that I shouldn't have him named after a female god. :V Ren's hair became blonde just now (for this game), lol. She's kept her purple hair everywhere else, so that was a last minute decision.

And let's see...I don't know what else I plan on having changed! I'm going to add in new characters - Bron (Lucas' father) and Grace (Nadia/Elsie's mother). (I needed more old people, so they're just kinda thrown in, but I already like them ;_; ).

Spoiler for Total planned characters:
Bachelors: Arthemes, Clyde, Lucas, Roderick, Elliot
Bachelorettes: Diora, Marlene, Ren, Nadia, Elsie
Villagers: Kailah <3, Leon, Vance, Bron, Grace, Cyphr, Summer, Thane, Alita
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Finally got a giant to-do list in order for this game! Now I can hopefully get in some good progress with everything all organized and stuff.

I totally had a reason for posting this.

If anyone is interested in working on this, we have a couple things we especially need - especially mappers, spriters, and people that like to play with the database and make weapons, armor, and whatevers. B) Anything else can be considered, too. Just send me a PM or post here or something. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i would help if you would return my emails :\
i sent liek 10 of them to yuyubabe@home.bre
thats the email you gav me and you said your number was 786-778-255464
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:V don't worry, I'm sure they just haven't gone through yet! I'll double-check my Spam box ;]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
ehehehehe :yuyu: you're probably the only person on RMRK that would recognize the reference! ;)
Well... Cat's out of the bag now. Time to show it to the world! ;8

Will we get to see elaborate weather systems? :) Where it'll rain for an hour of the day, then get a little sunny and showing rainbows in the sky, then ruin the mood by raining again? :(
I just wanted something more productive to say, even though I don't have anything ;_;
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks great yuyu. Good luck!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks for the support, guys!! :tpg:

Will we get to see elaborate weather systems? :) Where it'll rain for an hour of the day, then get a little sunny and showing rainbows in the sky, then ruin the mood by raining again? :(

Actually, right now the weather system is pretty stupidly simple. :( It came with that delicious time script, so I'm leaving it with an "all day effect"...for now! I kinda like the predictable nature of that. It makes things a bit easier to work with, so you know when to not water your crops. I can't tell you how many times RF got me with that one.

>"Oh, sunny. Better water my crops"
> water them.
>rains.
>"damn"

But it's still something to consider to make things a bit more realistic. :-)

Anyways...new male romance option! <3 He my favorite ;_; (no spoilers, D&P3! ;))

Spoiler for:

Arthemes

No one knows much about him, other than that he came from Grenada, the "cold kingdom" (which explains the surplus in how much clothing he wears). For some reason, he doesn't appear bothered by the change in climate, nor much of anything else. He keeps to himself mostly, except when you give him an excuse to talk about something interesting. He often uses his sharp intellect to cover up his emotional core. Both aspects of his character contribute to his great ability to see straight through people. In combat, he is adept with all kinds of magic, especially Ice (no surprises there). For some reason, he seems almost like he's holding back his magic...like perhaps he's actually way more powerful than he's letting on. ...Maybe?

*Arthemes will typically live at the castle and pass the time selling magic at the library. If you play as him, he will instead decide to take a crack at farmwork.
*He is canon with Diora.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Looking good! I'm really interested in trying out this type of game :p

And the character descriptions are great (as well as the art)! Makes me feel like mine are lacking :/ but I haven't put much thought into my game yet :p nor will it be ready to post any time soon.

My Website:

:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
New female! :-) (Wow we're getting these out quick o.o way to go, Mc!)

Nadia

Nadia is the general store owner's adorable, happy-go-lucky daughter. Unlike her cranky older sister, she gets along well with everyone and is especially sociable. It's not very difficult to get on her good side, because she seems to be happy ALL the time. Sometimes her optimism is to a fault, as she can be a bit naive (which almost always gets her into trouble). Luckily, her big sister is around to scare away all the creeps that might try to take advantage of that. Nadia previously trained to be a knight, so her combat skills are nothing to sneeze at. She's not particularly strong, but she's quick and overall well-balanced.

*Nadia will somehow muster the courage to move out on her own if you choose her to play as.
*She is canon with Roderick, perhaps being the only person that can put up with his bad attitude (you'll see).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now that my GIAW project is done with, my attention is shifted back to this game! ;)

I'm still looking for a mapper and/or character spriter. B) I'm going to try to keep the graphics fairly simple because I'm being FPS conscious this time around. For the icons and crops, I was originally going to work with Celianna's stuff, but I might just use some RF rips, because they have literally everything I'll need and they don't look too bad with RPG Maker's stuff. ;)

There's a couple of things that I forgot to post before the GIAW even started - namely, that the menu system is complete! Thanks to Lord Stark and Euphoria, everything is edited to fit the game well. <3 ;_;

So, here's my first real screenshots!

Spoiler for:
The Main Menu
*Yanfly script edit?

The Equipment Screen
*Yanfly script edit

The Save Screen

The Friends Menu
*A V script edit. A fairly empty screenshot (just one person added), just to show what it looks like.

*I used scripts for minor edits on the Item screen, but certainly not worth showing.

And with that...almost every feature is up and running, with the exception of the Farming System and Crafting system (the important stuff lol).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry to spam update. ;_; So proud of this and want to share it with the class <3 The character selection is all done! ^_^ 100% evented and controlled by using the <- and -> keys!

First, you choose if you want to be a Male of Female character:

Next, you can flip through all characters of that selected gender! I haven't set exact birth dates yet, nor do all characters have faces yet. "Z" lets you select that character, and "X" brings you back to the gender select menu! B) Also, the arrows are animated. *_*

*I decided to go green with the menus, as well, but am too lazy to update them for now.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It took me a good chunk of time, but I am pleased to announce that the farming system is 100% complete! Here's a little screenshot (still using a sample map):

*The crops in the above picture have been watered. Also, The actual farming area will likely be much larger than that, depending on lag control. Also (again), I used RF sprites for the crops.

Farming Features
Many of these features are similar to the basic HM/RF features, only simplified. The simplified methods were altered not only to accommodate my laziness, but also done so that they would be easier on the player.
  • 23 Crops total, including flowers and grass.
  • NO tilling the soil first. I've always seen this as tedious and pointless. When maps are complete, the planting areas will appear different from any other ground tiles, so you'll know where you can plant seeds.
  • The Watering Can does NOT run out of water. Although this feature makes the game unrealistic, I think I prefer it. Not just because I'm lazy, but because who doesn't really hate having to run and refill the water all the time?
  • Rainy weather will automatically water your crops for you!
  • When you harvest a crop, you will receive multiple of it. Having 1,000 planting spots in RPG Maker will create agonizing lag. To make up for less planting space, each harvest will give the player (on average) 3 of that crop.
  • Rather than using crops that "regrow", certain crops will give the player extra harvest. This isn't quite as cool, but it's a much more simple process.
  • You can plant crops in any season and they do NOT die. However, each crop will have a "native" season. Harvesting those crops in that designated season will give you more of the plant.
  • Plants can NOT die if you don't water them. Wut? Instead, they will cease to grow until you do water them. This was a hard decision to make, but me and my sister agreed that it was best. With a game involving dungeons and other stuff, sometimes it's a pain in the buttocks to have to go back every morning and water those darn crops. We feel as if this takes some of the pressure off of the farming aspect of the game and is possibly even more fun, even if it's a bit unrealistic.
  • If you do want to remove your crops for whatever reason, the player can use a shovel to dig them up (and destroy them).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:17:33 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Gotta say, I'm lovin this project so far :) You're putting in a lot of work and it shows. Also, I like the art :P

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww, thanks! ^_^ Hopefully, I can get an actual demo out sometime, though. ;9 :P
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This is really messed up. :\

You have a guy with a missing arm

Spoiler for:

and he's the bad guy. That's not only racist, but just bigoted. Please remove all your games from RMRK before tomorrow or I will contact the authorities.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO LUCAS OH MY GAUD
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
YOU DID THIS, THIS IS YOUR FAULT.
DON'T LOOK AWAY, LOOK AT HIM, LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID.

Oh god I'm crying, this is horrible. I can't even believe you would do this to a child as young as him. He's only 5.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
This game looks really fricken' great!! I do have a question though, are the date options going to be limited or can the main character choose to date whoever they want? It's not too clear in your opening post. :3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This game looks really fricken' great!! I do have a question though, are the date options going to be limited or can the main character choose to date whoever they want? It's not too clear in your opening post. :3

Awww, thank you! :yuyu:

The player can choose between 5 people. :] So, if you choose to play as Lucas, you can marry Diora, Marlene, Ren, Nadia, or Elsie.

The "canon" partners were thrown in just in case I decide to let the NPCs get married (still considering that one). If I did throw in NPC marriages, the NPC's top pick will be their canon partner. So, Lucas would choose Ren, unless the player married Ren already. For example: Let's say you play as Clyde and marry Ren (Lucas' canon partner). In that case, Lucas would marry Clyde's canon partner, Marlene. Does that make sense? :]

Something that I considered greatly before making the game was whether or not I would make the player a third person entirely, instead of letting the player choose between the bachelors and bachelorettes. On the down-side, it takes away an NPC from the environment in order to make that NPC a player. It also seems like it will be a lot of work to write for all the different characters, but I've found ways to work around this. On the plus-side, it gives the player a lot of options, personalities, and unique intros. It also helps to differentiate the game a bit from it's influence, the Rune Factory series. It's still a decision that I go back and forth on, but I think what's best is that I stick with it now and keep moving forward. :]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Holy crap that is a really intricate system. 1 million game making points to you! The only thing I could say that makes me hesitant to say that I would absolutely adore it is that all the couples seem to be heterosexual. Other than that...wow I am blown away by all of this stuff.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thank you!! ;_; Your words are an inspiration, my friend!

The only thing I could say that makes me hesitant to say that I would absolutely adore it is that all the couples seem to be heterosexual.

Ahhh, so that's what you were asking! Okay, I was just a confused derp. ;_; I'll just go ahead and be honest. I just sort of let my characters develop to be whatever fits them. The last thing I want is to create a stereotype. ;9 Whenever I do develop a character that ends up being homosexual, I want their personality to come first! :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:08:02 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
^ I understand, I have an incredibly hard time with the opposite; I have no idea how to write straight characters :/ (for some reason I feel like this sounds sarcastic but I promise you it is not)

Don't worry about it really, do your best with what you can and maybe work on it in other projects? I dunno! I still think your game is like...wow I cannot imagine how much work you are putting into it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry I butchered my post above. ;_; I went through one of my nervous twitchy phases, where I'm like "NONONO THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WEIRD THING TO SAY AHHH"!! D: But I'm glad you're so understanding about it! ;o;

I think my best friend is the same way. :] He has an easier time writing for homosexual characters.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Hahaha it's okay, it's hard to write outside your experience~ It wasn't a butchered post, I can understand why you'd be flustered.  :3

(u kno we could totes team up and make a super great diverse cast in a game wink wonk)