RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Thank you, friends! <3 I'll go ahead and admit that I was wrong to avoid parallax mapping. The other way saves more work in the long run, but it doesn't look as good and can be a pain in the butt to set up the tiles.

when is this going to be done

At this rate, not very soon. ;9 But we've been making plans to cut out some of the extra fluff and place more emphasis on other aspects of the game. We're still not sure exactly how "Harvest Moon-y" we want the game to be. Right now, it's a tossup between making something more Dragon Age style, or more Rune Factory style. I figured a mix between would be cool, to place more emphasis on the actual game and less on "I planted crops and found love. Now what?"
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
"I planted crops and found love. Now what?"

Duh. HAVE BABIES!!!!

(PS - I think you game is cool and I'm jealous.)

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Woah, loving the Rune Factory/Harvest Moon-esque feeling here!
Now, the real question is, can we have kids?  :P
なんでやねん

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Duh. HAVE BABIES!!!!
Now, the real question is, can we have kids?  :P

HMMMM

I am deeply considering adding teh babiez ;o;

Maybe I'd do an FE: Awakening sort of thing and change the hair colors to correspond with the daddies. :B
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

I wanted to try making the logo colors blend a bit better with the mapping, and then I just decided to put some sprites in there and pretend it's a screenshot or something I guess.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! I like it! :gracie: The thought just occurred to me...would a little circle of shadow under the sprites help them blend better?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i mean compared to the tileset they're very saturated. but a shadow would definitely help ground them a bit.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
One (out of two) of the town's exterior maps is now complete! ;o This is the village area, where the inn and houses will reside. The other map will be the market area.

Spoiler for large image:

Does it look too empty around the bottom? :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:44:09 AM by yuyuMEAN »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And there's more!

We actually tweaked some of the character's appearances. :> These are the characters that are getting only slight changes. Some characters are getting massive makeovers in the future, so prepare uranus.

Spoiler for Before & After:
BEFORE                               ------------->                                    AFTER

Clyde now wears pants, instead of his weird man-skirt thing. His armor is also slightly more fancy. ;o

Lucas got some minor facial edits (he looked really weird when facing the opposite side) and his arm became more manly. :B

First of all, blue hair. Not sure how you guys feel about that, so I'd like to get some opinions on this one. She originally had blue hair when I first created her for a FE hack project, and we went back to it because it looks neat with the pink armor. Her armor is also noticeably more fancy, to accommodate her knightly status.

Marlene's hair is now a brighter shade of pink, and her eyes look more "fiery". She also got buttons. :B

Ren's hair outline got lighter and we added a wicked fishnet glove!

We always thought Nadia's outfit was a little bland, so we added some new pieces. She is meant to look more like a "mage-knight" now. ;o

Coming soon: Elliot, Kailah, Grace, Summer, and maybe more.

Edit:

As an extra goodie, here's the original (Fire Emblem style) versions of the characters :> (Bron and Grace were created for the Lhuvia Tales).
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:25:37 AM by yuyuMEAN »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
In order to avoid having too many blue-haired folks, we are actually keeping Diora brown haired. We're indecisive :<

Spoiler for:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
prepare uranus.

Spoiler for Before & After:
BEFORE                               ------------->                                    AFTER

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
face = 10000x better
clothes = 10000x better

I love him ;--;

(uh yeah he's supposed to look more mage knight like too)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Y-you can see some of h-her mammaries... *///*
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Goddamn this looks good when is this going to be dooonnnneeeeeughhhhh
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aahhhh! New Grace looks awesome! :gracie: The new design feels 10,000x more like her character, but I guess it helps that I developed a personality for her before making the new concept art this time. ;_;

Goddamn this looks good when is this going to be dooonnnneeeeeughhhhh

I'm working pretty slowly on the gameplay (and story)... ;_; I'm going to try to catch up on all my homework and make more time for LT.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Aahhhh! New Grace looks awesome! :gracie: The new design feels 10,000x more like her character, but I guess it helps that I developed a personality for her before making the new concept art this time. ;_;

her name is definitely excellent

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
her name is definitely excellent

heh heh heh

I didn't even think about that B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
o.o

Queen Babe
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Spoiler for FUCK YOU POKEMON:
That moment when you create a perfectly creative name, and then pokemon STEALS IT

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Marlene is an actual name, so I guess I forgive them B(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Finished two kids ;]

Spoiler for:
Diora's son

Spoiler for:
Marlene's daughter

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
FE: Awakening style!

The children are based off of their mothers, but will change hair colors to match their fathers. :]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]