RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I feel like stating that Malson just jokingly offered to voice act for every single character (both male and female).

His Arth sounds like a deep-voiced british snob
Clyde sounds like cleveland from family guy?
Lucas sounds like Malson's normal talking voice
Roderick sounds like a less lispy, more african solid snake
Elliot sounds like a high-pitched girly man

All of the girls pretty much sounded the same, but for Nadia, he literally just squealed at his highest possible pitch - it sounded like a male banshee.

I almost considered it. B)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:56:02 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've always wanted to try voice acting, but I don't think I'd be good at it, lol.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I've always wanted to try voice acting, but I don't think I'd be good at it, lol.

Uh-uh!! Remember your sweet cameo in catgirl factory? B) Sounded good enough to me!

*edit* But seriously, if I was able to make it sound cool, I would love to add in partial voice clips (maybe like zelda, or narrated special messages).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:31:17 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Here's my original marlene sprite:

And here's the new and improved marlene sprite. :yuyu:

Oh, and here's Ren:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:50:34 AM by strike »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So cuuuute!! :gracie: I love them!! ;~;

I actually have an update, too! :] I've started to work on the dialogue again and developed a really cool technique. The daunting thing about creating dialogue for 10 different player characters is making them each have something unique to say. I started out giving the player generic responses, and that just didn't feel right. To remedy that, I came up with a fairly easy way to make each character say more unique stuff. It's hard to explain, but I'll try. ;~;

Spoiler for If you want to read about it:
I created four categories of responses: 1) Moody vs. Cold, 2) Gentle vs. Harsh, 3) Extrovert vs. Introvert, 4) Funny vs. Serious. For each character, one trait is selected from each category. So, they are all "assigned" personality traits that look sort of like a Myers Briggs assessment. For example, Marlene is CHEF (Cold, Harsh, Extrovert, Funny). During dialogue with NPCs, the player will be given the chance to respond accordingly by where they are placed in each category.

Ignore the funny slashes and text codes. :B What I'm referring to is the "Gentle or Harsh", followed by the table. At that time, the player will say one or the other, depending on if they are placed in that group. The "Gentle" characters (basically, the "nice ones") will say the first option (Lucas, Elliot, Diora, Nadia). The "Harsh" statement (#2) is said by the other characters. My choice of category names was kind of stupid, but I didn't want to have repeating first letters. More like "sensitive" and "blunt", but whatever. .___.

I should also mention that every character has a different overall type, so no one will say 100% the same things. This might seem really time-consuming, but it really doesn't add on much more (just a little extra copy/pasting). Well worth it to me. :}

*Also note that this only applies to the player's responses. Each NPC is going to have their own dialogue and their personalities are less controlled lol
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
are you using one of those 8 frame scripts?
its super smooth, and looks like she's walking and not dancing
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Its been a little while since I made anything presentable or significant. ;o Here's perhaps the most important map in the game: the Player's house! This is where you will live, so I hope you like it. ;]

This lovely property is valued slightly higher than its neighbors, due to its desirable functioning staircase. :B I think I got it right this time?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior

やれやれだぜ。

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Been messing around with photoshop again. (thanks roph ;___;)

I was actually trying to make a woodeny sort of text window, but it ended up not feeling right so I just slapped the title on there.  :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:36:32 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
what would it loook liked without the green around the text?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I don't have the original file for the logo so I wouldn't be able to recreate it easily. ;9
Yuyu probably could though.

Rep:
Level 96
it doesn't really feel like one whole. the pieces feel like separate things
the vines don't really interact with the wood, and the words are sitting on them.
i was thinking if you removed the green the letters would look like it had been etched or burnt into the wood

it's still nice though :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pretty! :) Let me see if I have the original file, and I can PM it to you.~ I think I have it without the vines at least?

Sadly, I haven't had much time for LT lately ;_; I'm hoping things will settle down soon.

*edit* Dropped it in dropbox :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

I tried embossing the leaf pattern on there too. I'm just sorta playing around with it though, I don't even really like that wood shape. :V

Rep:
Level 96
yeah i like that :D
it feels like one object and not individual pieces

^-^
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I love it! Man, that is lookin' good so far! ;~;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Humble Bundle had some excellent stuff. I made this with it:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So that looks awesome

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's pretty rad! :gracie:

I should probably use this as an opportunity to post a little update: I'm completely re-doing the maps, using Celianna's Ancient Dungeon tiles. :) So, yeah, LT is still happening. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Blunt Sword And Yu Yu Are Are not The Only Ones That Like It
I AlSo Like It
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I figured it was about time I showed a few samples of the new maps ;o

Inn (Outside)

Inn (Inside)

Queen Kailah's Chambers
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I love those  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
when is this going to be done
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep