RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Lhuvia Tales

Poll

Who will you be playing as? (Pick 2 if you can't decide!)

Arthemes
Clyde
Lucas
Roderick
Elliot
Diora
Marlene
Ren
Nadia
Elsie

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
It's really starting to look good! Seems like you've gotten a lot done in the last month or so (I've been really sick for a month, so I haven't been on in awhile). Having a portrait for all the npc's has to be a pain in the ass, but they look great, and the character's sound interesting :)

Keep up the good work! (and finish the damn game already! I want to play it! :p)
My Website:

:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Thanks, Euphoria! :) Oddly enough, I just got sick, too. ;9 Hopefully not as sick as you were, but enough to make me stay in bed most of the day. I think Dayquil and video games are going to become my best friend over these next couple days (when I'm not fighting through school, work, or homework). ;_;

I've still been working hard on this, I promise. Mostly mapping lately. ;] I'll get even more progress done once I beat Dishonored (my soul has been sold to that game for the past week or so...). My sister, on the other hand, is moving much quicker than me and even managed to finish another NPC! o.o

Thane

Thane is a deeply kind man, but his appearance is at first a bit creepy. He met Alita (his wife) when her father (Lord Mauntell) hired Thane as their family physician. After becoming mysteriously ill with what seemed to be dark magic, Thane's appearance changed. His skin turned pale and his hazel eyes changed to a beaming, garish yellow. He and Alita soon chose to run away together and eventually settled in Noverno, where they would own the town's clinic. Everyone instantly grew to like Thane, even with his awkward personality and strange sense of humor. Although he and Alita make a weird couple, the two are inseparable.

Quiet edit ;o Dr.Mc managed to finish another!

Summer

Summer is Elliot's strange sister, and her quirky ways have been with her for as long as the both of them can remember. She doesn't appear to have any apparent emotions, but rather takes almost everything as a joke. When she's not joking, everyone tends to think she is anyways. She has a bit of a hardy nature, and seldom displays feminine behavior. Overall, it's very challenging to predict how Summer is going to act next.

*She will replace the job role of whoever the player chooses. Ex: She will become a blacksmith if you play as Roderick.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:12:43 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The leading ladies so far.  :yuyu:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
;_; They look pretty cute! Is that still the same sprite base as the last ones? It looks a little different! o.o Super awesome ;__;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, so this is actually by far one of my favorite looking characters she's made so far. ;~; It's like the ones that aren't planned out (nor meant to look good) end up looking the most polished. o___o

Cyphr

Cyphr, the blacksmith, often buries his real personality in gallons of alcoholic beverages. He spends a great deal of time working, but an even greater deal of time drinking. He leads others to believe that he has nothing to celebrate, so he chooses to celebrate every day. It's hard to tell if he's naturally dramatic or naturally lazy and relaxed - one of his sides is his drunken state, and the other is his true self. Either way, he proudly recognizes himself as a simple man. Although he will deny it, he's got a lot of heart and is open-minded to others (although, he has been known to tell a little white lie every now and then...).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Lookin great Yuyu! I love how developed the characters feel!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i love how developed you feel ;o
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
uhhhh getaroom!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...This guy kinda looks like snake ._.

Bron

Bron is easily recognized as the father of Lucas. Their personalities and appearance mirror each other's in a way that is a little creepy sometimes. Rest assured - they do have their differences! Although he tries to hide it, Bron is much more emotionally unstable and often relies on his level-headed son for great support. He's wrapped up in his conscience, often implying that he previously led a life without care or remorse (presumably until some traumatic event changed him and has shaken him ever since). His regrets are buried by his jolly nature and love for the ladies. The lengths he'll travel for a pretty face can easily be seen as a sad form of desperation, but he's sure that he's still got his charm, even with his good-looking son around to steal the eyes. He runs Noverno's tavern, and promises to earn his keep by helping out around town if they ever need it. As scummy as he may appear, he's a man of his word.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I vote for kicking lucas out of the bachelors and letting his dad take his place. :gracie:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:V but I love Lucas D;

So anyways, this FINAL character is complete! That's right - all 19 of 'em are DONE! ^_^

Grace

Grace is Nadia and Elsie's loving and caring mother. She and her daughters came to Noverno, where she would open up a much needed general store. Although she may act and appear frail, circumstances have made her into quite a strong-willed and independent woman. She enjoys peace and quiet, but will occasionally stop by the tavern for a drink with friends, such as Bron (despite his many failing attempts to swoon her). Her daughters always come first, but money comes second. She's great with managing finances and has picked up many crafts in order to make some extra cash. Grace has no combat experience and is physically weak, but has potential for both magic and stealth.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
HI

After a period of hiatus, The Lhuvia Tales is finally ready to bounce back! To be honest, I suffered a bit of a motivation-crush while making this game, mostly due to my waning interest in the series I based it off of (Rune Factory). Alas, that it is the problem with fleeting fan-related games. At this point, Lhuvia Tales is getting a bit of a makeover. The feature changes aren't too different, I just intend to expand more on the adventure aspects of the game.

As for the look of the game? That's going to change quite a bit, mostly to match with Celianna's new tileset. Aco suggested I go for a more medieval-look for the houses (also inspired by Celianna's work), so I figured the new style was worth a shot. Here's a sneak peak at LT's new style:

Yay! I got an actual screenshot up! :gracie: And while I'm at it, I might as well show you guys the annoying water edits that took me entirely too long to make:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Hooooolyyshiiiiit

When did you do that? That is like seven different kinds of awesome. :gracie:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hooooolyyshiiiiit

When did you do that? That is like seven different kinds of awesome. :gracie:

I made both of those houses in the past 2 days, I think? :] Once I get two more houses done, the first half of Noverno will be complete. Then, I just need to make the Market stuff. ;o The houses take a little while to make, but they are sooo worth it. You had a great suggestion, and I love the new look! ;~; I've been on such a mapping kick lately...I might as well make the most of it, while it lasts. ;o

The houses (and water) are going to be the most custom items of each map. Instead of parallaxing the whole map, I tailored the pieces to look more parallaxed. It's going to save an incredible amount of time, make passability errors less frequent, and still look pretty cool. B)

Thoughts on the HUD? It might get changed in the future, but I still think its an incredible improvement over the last one. :yuyu:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
No body is picking poor Elliot. Lol I still have to play your other two games I downloaded. But I will definitly check this game out too.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No body is picking poor Elliot. Lol I still have to play your other two games I downloaded. But I will definitly check this game out too.

No rush! :-) To be honest, it'll probably be a little while before I get a demo up for this. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I love the HUD as well ;~;

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! Glad you like it! :ladyj: I come, bearing more updates! ;o

First, I edited the bachelor/bachelorette biographies on the main page. You can now learn more specifics about them (such as what they like and dislike).

Second, the equipment menu is now prettified! :gracie:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Finished the village-area map. :) Here you can find the inn, player's house, Diora/Marlene's house, and Elliot/Summer's house.

Spoiler for Big Picture:

That basically means that the town exteriors are now about 50% complete. ;o Just gotta make the market area now.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
Just passing by :3 This project looks really cool! Sound like an amazing character development there (those sprites/busts OMG!). Keep it up!

やれやれだぜ。

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just passing by :3 This project looks really cool! Sound like an amazing character development there (those sprites/busts OMG!). Keep it up!

Awww, thanks Kyuu! ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just finished the interior of Elliot & Summer's house! :-)

Elliot is a fortune teller >B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
staircase doesn't make sense in terms of positioning

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Magic stairs, obviously
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
staircase doesn't make sense in terms of positioning

Arrgh, stairs are my archenemy... I can't seem to make them look right, ever. ;9

What about the position looks off? How can this be corrected?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]