RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What resources would you like to see more of?

Poll

What resources would you like to see more of?

Music -  Futuristic
3 (3.1%)
Music - Medieval
5 (5.2%)
Music - Retro
4 (4.1%)
Music - Other
3 (3.1%)
Graphics - Portraits
8 (8.2%)
Graphics - GUI/HUD elements
7 (7.2%)
Graphics - Other
5 (5.2%)
Tiles - Futuristic
9 (9.3%)
Tiles - Medieval
13 (13.4%)
Tiles - Dungeons
10 (10.3%)
Tiles - Other
8 (8.2%)
Scripts - Graphical tweaks
5 (5.2%)
Scripts - Mechanics
10 (10.3%)
Scripts - Other
7 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I didn't really see anything wrong with anything in this thread.

Is there something I'm not seeing that is wrong with this thread?
Umm, let's see;
People wanting more Resources (Tilesets, Sprites, graphic stuff)
Karo Confused and responding to these posts, curius, and asking on what some people actually meant by, and resoponding to those she thinks are been a bit conceited (And are actually not)
Karo doesn't know anyone in rmrk aside from DrMc & Yuyubabe to work on Graphics (Now I feel bad for leaving Acolyte out after realizing now)
Karo wonders if there's other artists who either stayed or joined.
Euphoria responds, Karo responds (Repeat)
Yuyubabe Appears

Karo makes this post.

It's the exact same for scripting. The tileset suggestion was more because it is a resource that can truly stand out on a forum; although to be fair I don't believe I've seen any regular here make any sort of tileset before. That doesn't mean no one here can do so, just that it has not yet happened as far as my knowledge is concerned. So it's still a valid point, even if only ambiguous. :)
May I ask exactly, for what version are you referring to the Tilesets? What do you mean by "although to be fair I don't believe I've seen any regular here make any sort of tileset before"? For what version are you talking about; VX or XP?

I know Acolyte to be a very great artist, along with Yuyu and Dr. MC. Even Gracie is fully capable (where is she? ;9). Any of which can do amazing graphical works.
I won't pretend that I know how difficult it is for content creators to do those things. Which is why I only suggested more humans as battlers. Maybe it's not so fun for people around here to draw humans over monsters. But in the end I can only mention what I would like to see more of. Just as users around here are freely sharing what they want to see in the scripting section.
.__.

What I meant was, sitting down to draw every idea that pops in our head doesn't really happen as one might think.

I actually kind of like making RTP-style tileset *edits* ;_; I'm not good enough to sprite from scratch, but sometimes it's fun to throw stuff together. I have some stuff lying around that I'm going to contribute really soon, too! :-)
This ^^
That's neat. But, well . . .I'll just sit down. I'm not one to talk, when I haven't actually sprited since January.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The version doesn't really matter. RMRK supports XP/VX/VXA. So whichever version a tileset is created for is still relevant.
Unlike XP & VX however, VXA allows the use of many tilesets rather than just 5 (A,B,C,D,E). So tileset resources created here are probably more likely to be used in VXA rather than the others, since it would be an addition rather than the core graphical asset.
And by that reasoning, the potential tilesets created here might only need to be custom interior designs, or exterior design. Or the interior of a ship. Or even just an underwater city themed tileset, just to name some examples. Without taking away the user's ability to use other tilesets.

VXA would seem to be the choice in my opinion, as it's currently the most popular maker; and it grants the ability to use multiple tilesets without taking away the effect of another.
That is, the aforementioned underwater tileset would not work in VX/XP unless your entire game was based in an underwater world.
Regardless, VX and XP are still relevant; so the above is just an opinion.

As I stated I have not come across anyone here who has being working on a tileset (at the very least not publicly). My words are merely to suggest that if anyone is capable of doing so and is happy to do so. There are those who like the idea of additional tilesets.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
That is, the aforementioned underwater tileset would not work in VX/XP unless your entire game was based in an underwater world.
Regardless, VX and XP are still relevant; so the above is just an opinion.
??? I think you haven't used xp
You can have an unlimited amount of tilesets (only 1 per map). The format is different than vx/vxa though, so they will take some edits to work but (I think) it's just a matter of shifting stuff around

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Not for a few years, I have not. Not since seeing the scripting section at the very least.
Even still, if that's the case then that still detracts from my earlier mentioned "custom interior designs, or exterior design", which does not necessarily mean terrain also, but could just be clock/statues/items you may find in those areas. That is to say that in XP that one spritesheet cannot just contain things that the user wants to draw, but also must include basic terrain to even just be usable in the game as a map.

Which means that VXA still holds an advantage in that area for content creation.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:57:21 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
correct. with vxa you can make a tileset of 'neat couches' or 'five different kinds of large trees'. it makes things a lot more convenient for content creators. I'm personally going to be amassing earthbound resources sooner or later, and instead of having a drugstore tileset and a hospital tileset, i'm going to go ahead and have floors, walls, fixtures, signage, etc.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
You know, just to help out, I'll throw in the XP sprites I have done in the mix, you know, to share. For me, if we really want more graphical resources, what we need is actually more People who create more artwork/sprites & tilesets instead. That's my suggestion to it.

Rep:
Level 96
Karo I like you a lot and I trust you've got a solid point, but I'm having trouble determining what distinction you're trying to make. Could I ask you to make another attempt at clarification? Right now it reads like, "If you want people to make (category) you need people to make (specific items that qualify as part of category)", and I don't think that's what you meant to say.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
By "Giant Tree" I was referring more to Click Clock Wood or Inside the Deku Tree.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Karo I like you a lot and I trust you've got a solid point, but I'm having trouble determining what distinction you're trying to make. Could I ask you to make another attempt at clarification? Right now it reads like, "If you want people to make (category) you need people to make (specific items that qualify as part of category)", and I don't think that's what you meant to say.
I don't see any point in me getting offended, I screwed up, and your pointing it out, for that, I thank you.

What I meant was that we need is more people who do resources (It doesn't matter which ones).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:06:55 PM by Karo Rushe »

Rep:
Level 96
That makes more sense. Some sort of incentive program that would appeal to outside artists and bring them in could be a good idea. Why build here instead of somewhere else that has an established community of creative types? That's the question we should answer.

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Graphic/Art contests would be one way, but the problem is what's the incentive to try to win to a newer member? While some sites give out prizes (resource packs and stuff). I don't know if that's some kind of option for us.
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
We could pool together cash for prizes, but that seems like it might be the wrong idea. What's the big pay off for making art? Personal enrichment, and a sense of accomplishment sure, but also publicity. Otherwise sites like deviant art, soundcloud, even THIS one wouldn't exist. It's not enough to just make something. You make something for the chance to share it with your peers. There are exceptions to everything of course, but this is generally the case.

What if there was a showcase at the top of the forums, and we had a submission queue to decide what it displayed? Three or four new resources every week. A nice image for each one. Sort of like a banner ad, but for stuff the users have made. It's so, so easy for a new topic to get buried. Someone can spend weeks working on something, finally post it, and...no one notices. Because no one happened to be around, or another topic was blowing up the recent posts ticker, or any number of other things. This would be a little window into the creative, resource making side of RMRK, a magnifying glass pointing out hey, there's all this cool shit you could use, and that could use a nice comment or two.

Users could make a little oh, I dunno... 500x200 image, if that to represent whatever it is they've made, and submit it for review. If it's good- not better than everyone else, just good enough to be worth showing off- then it gets added into the queue. The image would link back to the topic, and it'd get more eyes on it. Just free publicity! It would require a little moderation sure, an approval process, but other than that I imagine it could be largely automated.

This would require Roph's help of course, but I figured if I had the idea, I may as well share it.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I'll just throw this out there, and I know it will get reactions of all types, but I'm being rather serious about it.

Chaos Project has ARC, the Zer0 Division Engine, Blizz-ABS, RMX-OS, etc. That's ALOT to compete with. So, what do we have here? Well, no, we don't have our own huge system, or our own engine. But we DO have a SHITTON of very talented.. well.. everything! I have an idea for an improvement on a great engine, that alot of people still use. What if I were to host RXMPAce here instead of it's own site? That would get alot more people involved, and give people an incentive to produce things for it. I mean hell, we'll need our own RTP, music, scripts, etc. I really do think that with the right people involved, XPA could become something huge, not just the little ripple it is now. Or hell, even leaving the osting where it is now, but make it an official RMRK community project? I dunno, it was just a thought that would really get people involved if they so chose, and, would give RMRK something cool too. I'm very open to suggestion, and I do want to keep this as a serious topic.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I know a lot of people might freak out over that, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Even if it doesn't see much activity, I mean, all it would require is a small portion of our space and there's a chance that it will boosts our numbers a bit.

I don't think we have anything to lose. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Maybe an online system for vxa? I don't know if one exists, but it's one of the biggest draws to XP over the others. The fact that RMXOS is such a good online system and makes it easy to host an online game. A VXA version would surely get people pumped. That's kinda a big request though because we still get tons of questions to this day on how to fix things and add things and tweak things so obviously a ton of support will be needed... but it just shows its popularity o.o
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:16:55 AM by Chaos_Zexion »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Yeah, definitely a big request, but that's an awesome idea, too. I wouldn't mind having an online game, but I'm no programmer, so I dunno where to start. ;_;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Start at the beginning. Work from there.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Online script?

Sounds nearly impossible. But if a "good" one was done in RGSS, I don't see why it couldn't be done in RGSS3...
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Online script?

Sounds nearly impossible. But if a "good" one was done in RGSS, I don't see why it couldn't be done in RGSS3...

RMXOS. Not perfect, but pretty good. Maybe someone could at least use that as a base to start from?
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I've looked in to it in the past, and by golly is RMXOS a monument of a system. I can say with confidence that a similar, paralleled system in VXA, though, would be vastly different. I still think it's well within the scope of things that are achievable. Maybe I'll look in to it again when my semester's over.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Is chaos project even that big of a deal anymore? ARC seemed to be going south a long time ago.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
There's one thing that ChaosProject has over us. A working search function. >:(

Why is that thing broken all the time.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Is chaos project even that big of a deal anymore? ARC seemed to be going south a long time ago.
Yeah ARC is kinda super dead, but one of the founding members has made some progress on the engine that was the motivator for ARC. Needless to say he's been working on it and it's sounding pretty promising. It's supposed to run XP projects perfectly and fix all the issues XP had as far as speed. As for cp itself, it's actually been pretty active lately. There's nothing really going on at CP except for a few projects, F0's awesome engine, KK20's tilemap rewrite, and of course the never ending blizz-abs topics but there seems to be new topics every other day. The shoutbox is pretty active as well even though blizzard is on vacation.

Rep:
Level 96
Not trying to be a nerd, but any thoughts on what I posted? I kinda thought it was a good idea, at least...

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
u nerd
lol, jk. I actually think that's a really good idea. I've seen other forums with a similar thing and it's a good way to get something noticed.