RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Improving the forums! [RMRK is NOT dying]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
RMRK has been a bit slow in activity for several years now, with little bursts here and there, but I think the biggest reason it became so dead is because registration was closed for so long. It's painfully obvious if you just look at the stats. We went from getting 1000+ members one month to ~400 to 92 and then none. Nobody joined in April last year and it was several months before new members even broke double digits. So while older members may have been moving on like they just do sometimes, we weren't getting much at all in the way of new people.

This just made the forums look dead and unappealing to anyone who would have thought about joining later, so even after registrations were open again, our numbers are severely lower than they used to be.

So while I don't think the lack of focus on RPG Maker over the last several years has been why RMRK declined in activity, it's probably the best way to increase it. And that's something I fully support. I mean, the name RMRK is totally unfitting as it is, so we might as well fix that. Though to be honest, I don't think we'll be able to boost activity all that much at this point. And personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Maybe that's because I'm much busier than I used to be and I don't have time to stop by here as often.

Anyway, that's my point of view on the whole thing.
:tinysmile:

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
rmrk is the hill

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
There were some important parts from my post that didn't get carried over here, so I'll go ahead and place them in again:

...I really like it here, and the way the community is, it really stands a chance to become one of the top three communities again, next to CP and HBGames. I know one thing we'll have to deal with is the drop in rankings that came with shutting down registrations on the site for like a year, but one asset you guys have, is that I happen to be a web developer, and my current specialty happens to be SEO work. I'm willing to help you guys out...
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Fixed the off-topic stuff :mad:

I know I'm turning into a split-o-holic, but I'd prefer to keep things civil here. I like RMRK freedom as much as most of us, but I don't really want to see this thread go downhill. ;9 It's supposed to be motivational. :anski2:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
you can't oppress me you tyrant

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The registration block didn't even occur to me as a factor, but it really should have. Yes, that surely had a dramatic impact.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
mmm, yes, actually, I'm really curious. I'm going to run the site through a few of the tests I use at work and get back to you on it..

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It was certainly a major contributing factor. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Well, I found this to be just hilarious..

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I feel popular ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Damn, that's impressive yuyu.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So is yuyu a location? A service? A relevant aspect of rmrk's operation?

And why?

Rep:
Level 96
I feel like implying either of the first two might offend her delicate sensibilities~

But being an administrator, the third one seems accurate.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Hear hear.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So is yuyu a location? A service? A relevant aspect of rmrk's operation?

I can't find a joke for that without sounding awful :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
If you could change it so that the default theme is the dark theme, that might help. My own reason is that the light theme is way too bright and unexciting for me. But additionally, I imagine people who used to browse through here back when RMRK4-Dark was the default theme at some point or another come back here and see the new light theme... and it, just, doesn't have the same RMRK feeling.
Maybe I'm being silly, but I feel like the dark RMRK7 Theme is just more inviting than the light theme :-\
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
If you could change it so that the default theme is the dark theme, that might help. My own reason is that the light theme is way too bright and unexciting for me. But additionally, I imagine people who used to browse through here back when RMRK4-Dark was the default theme at some point or another come back here and see the new light theme... and it, just, doesn't have the same RMRK feeling.
Maybe I'm being silly, but I feel like the dark RMRK7 Theme is just more inviting than the light theme :-\
It's a lot calmer and easier on the eyes, 'specially if you're a cave-dwelling Mudokon who doesn't see anything bright except their pizza website of choice. I completely agree with you - whenever I load RMRK on a computer I'm not logged in on I have a moment of queasiness before I switch the theme.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text

^ This. As a returning member I have found it awfully odd looking at the light theme. It makes RMRK feel like just another Forum, which it is not. This is a community, a loong lasting community which the theme needs to express.

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
And maybe add the natural features of the new forum styles maybe? I find it difficult to run out lists, bullets and numbering without putting the bbc / html codes. Perhaps there's a way to upgrade the forum where you can do them in an easier way?

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
This thread:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, forum gallery showcase? ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Also, forum gallery showcase? ;_;

^This

I would say that these are actually easy plugins already made, but, I peaked at the source code of the forums, and, well, it seems pretty customized, so I dunno how easy they would be to implement them..