RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Improving the forums! [RMRK is NOT dying]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
*edit* This post looks kinda silly because it was in response to the stuff that got moved, but some of it is relevant, so I kept it here.

Alright, alright, guys. I know we're trying to make a change, but it's not like RMRK will ever be a perfect place. There's always going to be people that disagree, but let's not let that ruin our experience, okay? Shoot, years ago I disagreed with Fireran (on some debate that I forgot about now) and got :mad:, but now I think he's coo. ;] I've even had my moments where I flip the hell out for very little reason (like in the feminism thread that I really wish had never ever happened because I was on some kind of bitch fit at the time for god knows why and I regret that more than anything ohgawd). But it's cool. It's in da past, guise. *That's my attempt to be fair ok ;_;

Anyways, let's not lose sight of what we're trying to do with this thread. The goal is to make the forum a place where everyone can feel comfortable somewhere - be that in the RPG Maker section or Community section. ;o

I think we can all agree that we want to improve the place. It seems the best course of action is to whip up some resource packs/challenges/contests or a Game In a Week - and I just wanted to let you guys know that we're already working on both of those! Any other ideas, guys?

*also*
As far as our IRC is concerned...there are a lot of people that step in and think its a help channel for RPG Maker. I don't necessarily think we should split our focus, but it might not be a bad idea to have either two different channels or perhaps just have the IRC linked from the community section or something. Maybe? I don't knows, I thought I had something there. :V
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:50:11 PM by Queen yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
I hope I don't get stoned or anything for this, but it's something that I've noticed and have experienced myself about why this place seems to be dying.

People leave, and that's just fine. People have their own lives and responsibilities and may have to leave, like tSwitch most recently. So the numbers on the forum drops.

The numbers are also growing, but the new people don't post. They show up here, lurk around for a bit, leech some resources and scripts, and kinda just stay in the shadows. I did, and still do, that to a degree.

I think the reason that people aren't trying to become involved as much is because of the "elite" group of people here that are so tight knit into a family that it seems hopeless to get into the family. Take myself, for example, I've been here for a few years, and every year I tell myself I'm going to participate more, and make friendships, etc, but every year I end up idling on this site for a couple hours not saying anything for the lack of anything to say or for feeling like what I say won't have any decent impact and I won't be accepted.

I don't know if what I've said makes any difference, if it's the problem or not, or it it'll cure the reason RMRK is "dying."

But if it makes any difference, here I am, once again, trying to tell myself to participate and make friends more.

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I get what you're saying, there does seem to be some sort of clique-ish vibe I guess you could say, which might scare some people away in fear of not being accepted or something. But I think we should all just say "fuck it, it's the internet" and post anyway.
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
I get what you're saying, there does seem to be some sort of clique-ish vibe I guess you could say, which might scare some people away in fear of not being accepted or something. But I think we should all just say "fuck it, it's the internet" and post anyway.

This place isn't welcoming enough for long enough to get many more new folk to stick around. It's too difficult to interact with all but a few members. Why would you bother interacting with someone who seems to derives pleasure out of bringing others down?

You're right, trying to post anyhow is the best option, but it's hardly worthwhile.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Countdown:

No worries! I'm glad you shared your opinion on the matter. Like I said, there's bound to be people that agree and/or disagree, but we've seen a lot of people say similar things.

Would it help you and others if we opened up more activities for the forum? Aside from the contests and resource releases we're planning, I'd be happy to host some other activities. We were planning on holding a Newbie/Mentor contest where members get to make games for a contest while being coached by someone more experienced, but the idea was a bit too bulky for our current numbers. Perhaps we could do something similar that isn't a contest? (Not saying you're a newbie, because you're obviously one of our more experienced makers around here, haha)

Or maybe we could go with a request event of some sort? I think I mentioned something about it earlier, but I forget. B]

Any ideas would be appreciated! My ears...(eyes?) are open!

Good advice! B) You're my new favorite! (actually I love all of u =y ;_; )
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
That would be a fun activity. I wouldn't really have time to join, but It would be fun.

I think Euphoria said it nicely. For me personally, I need to just put myself out there and actually participate.

Also, the sense of humor of some of the members on the site may seem a little shove-offish to new members. But that's just because the newer members don't understand the veterans so much.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think all the personal stuff aside, if we could get more activity, the forums would feel generally better to newer members, too. There'd be more people that they can relate to, rather than the same ol' vets lying around because we spend all of our time here and probably always will.

I'm not saying that's the cure-all, but it might help make the place feel like less of a clique, because we'd have more of the normal guys around, you know?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Hello friends.

We're 1000 posts away from being more active than the entirety of 2013! :zparty:

RMRK has taken a sharp decline, but this comes with the nature of the website: We are a niche forum for a Japanese RPG game creation software, and sometimes we include other software as well, but the fact of the matter is only a small population of the entire world will be interested in our site, ever. The good news is, is that we're much more active then a LOT of small forums on the same subject. Our only rivals(1), as far as I can assert, are hbgames.org (formerly hbgames.org), and rpgmakervx.net, which focuses only on RMVX, and Chaos Project (of which the owner/creator is a former RMRK member!).
(1)The term rival should be used loosely, hbgames is our sister site and a wonderful place full of different folk. While we had some 'friendly' competition in the past, that is all long gone.

RMRK is a site that is growing much older with every passing day. There have been a lot of members before us and there will continue to be new members signing every day. The website, although no longer at the height of glory, is still flourishing wonderfully. The RPG Maker section of our site has been expanding and seen much more use now than it has in a while. The site got very caught up in a social way, so much so that the RPG section saw disuse and was ignored in favor of the community based posts, such as the 15000 ITT topic and other posts. Now, especially that our member makeup has changed, we are seeing a return to what made RMRK the best site to see: the resources and RPG Maker focus. Although the bell curve has shifted, the overall activity of the forums is higher than it has been in some time: we aren't dying, we're growing.

As for 'veterancy' and social order, you can languish about it all that you desire, but a fact remains that there is no point in trying to change the social order of the website. We can't break people's friendships, you can only get involved. RMRK is at a point where I feel we are actually much, MUCH more friendly then we have ever been in the past. Our moderation team has been chosen with intricate care so that there is no abuse or sway of power, in which it hasn't always been this way. We as moderators and staff all have our own opinions, but nobody is abusing our power to get what we want. I have been vigilant for some time now in assertion that nobody's personal info will be changed, including avatars and the like, because we disagree with them.

Although we'll still blast your rep, because if you think the little green and red bar really matters you should re-prioritize your entire life.

People have friends and trust in one another, and feeling left out of a 'clique' is something that happens to E V E R Y O N E. Why do you feel left out? Because you are not known to the rest of the members of the site. I know many people have multiple posts and are active members in the forums, but this doesn't mean you are engaged with the rest of the 'veterans', which in itself is a silly term, many of you people have been here for a great length of time. How do we know what you like if you don't post in the threads that aren't related to what you want?

If you want to fit in, you have to let your personality actually shine through your posts and have the care to post in topics that aren't at the forefront of your immediate interest. It isn't about our weird sense of humor or the fact that we all know each other, we only have these things -because- people take the time to post in other threads. Countdown is completely right, if you just make a topic on what you need for RPG Maker and et cetera, and just stay in the shadows otherwise, you aren't putting yourself forward. Nobody is going to troll you for posting in another thread. There are times in which people disagree with your opinions or what you have to say, but if it reaches the point where it's off putting, why not message a moderator/admin about it? Reported posts do not flag us in RMRK, they are in a quiet corner of the administration panel and have to be sought out, otherwise they are sent to our emails, of which I do not check because I don't check my email often regardless. As much as someone is bullheaded about their opinion, you have the right to fight them back and say what you mean to say. When it reaches the point of abuse, we will intervene.

If you want to enjoy the forum and our community to the fullest, you can't complain about not fitting in when you don't post. The IRC is a wonderful way to communicate with our community, and garner the immediate attention of administration and others in power if you need help, whether it is social outcry or simply moving a topic. Otherwise, the rest of our forum is split between community and utility. You won't be noticed if you basically use the site to get what you want and leave, like most things in life you must give as well as take to move ahead.

I love RMRK. I have been here almost a decade, and I desire nothing but to see this site continue to grow and be a place in which friends can get along with friends and people are able to showcase their creation in both art and software to resounding applause. The future is not in changing, complaining, or trying to fix social order, the future is encouraging resources and feedback to all members. In this time of mindful revolution we will be looking at ways to propagate this change.

Roph has created a wonderful website for all of us, it is up to you how you use it. If you want to fit in, you have to fit yourself in. We won't shut you out because we don't know you, you shut yourself out because you don't push to be known.

I love all of you (even Irock), and I want you all to come forward and enjoy our community. Even if you feel like you have nothing to say, we all benefit from your posting.

:taco:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:03:39 AM by Sophist »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My heart just moved ------------> <3

Beaotiful post ;_; I guess it's about time we thought of this as less of a "change" and more of improvement!

:taco:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I agree. I may just be a random guy to all of you, but I hope to change that (thus the reason I started posting :p).
Although there is definitely a clique feeling here, it's not necessarily bad. You (mostly) seem like great and honest people, and I would like to get to know you all better.

I honestly think everyone whose afraid of posting because of the feeling this site's members give off, would benefit from just posting, in the long run. And like I said earlier, if anyone see's this and is intimidated by any of this kinda stuff; remember, it's the internet. No need to be afraid.

You have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain! (I hope people lurking see this, because this is a message mainly for the lurkers).

Edit: Also, the staff here seems fair, and the site isn't filled with bullshit rules. I got warned multiple times on another rpgm site, that I won't name, for 1) calling my cheating ex-gf a whore... and 2) For being "rude" to a persistent dumbass. (and telling people the correct place for their posts to go...). I THINK I'm a helpful member, which was obviously over looked by staff of that site and I was almost banned. Needless to say, I don't go there anymore for more than PMs to friends. I want this place to be my new home :)

Sorry for rambling with my edit... :p
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:38:29 AM by Euphoria »
My Website:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's okay. I would call someone a "whore" too if they cheated on me. :mad:

That's what's cool about RMRK: you have the freedom to say just about whatever you want, as long as you aren't being a total creep and spamming them or, say, sending pictures of penises to their inbox (tito-something did that, right?). We don't ban people just because we don't like them.

*edit*

At least...we don't anymore. Right? RIIIIGHT??
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:48:36 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I don't want rmrk's main circle to be a closed unwelcoming group and I don't try to make it so. I want nothing more than to have more cool, interesting and creative people to talk to.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I still really liked the way you said that in IRC B)

<Irock> I don't want rmrk's community to be some sort of secluded clique that can only be entered through some convoluted esoteric satanic sacrificial rite of passage
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Do I have to sacrifice something to make friends? I don't really wanna :/
My Website:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All you have to do is make Irock a tuna sandwich and you're in B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior

Do I have friends now? :)
My Website:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You're in. Welcome to the klub.

We use "k"s around here because "c"s are too mainstream.

rmrK
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I HATE TUNAFISH

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Uh-Oh... No friends :(
My Website:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Will you make me a silverfish sandwich?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Yes, yes I will.

My Website:

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I like where this has gone lol

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like where this has gone, too (:< ...anything goes in the sewers B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Wasn't Irock tuna for the whole fish month thing back when?