RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Theolized Sideview Battle System

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Theolized Sideview Battle System
(Or if you prefer, you may call it Theo Animated Battle)
Original Post : Theolized Sideview BS
Version : 1.3
Type : Battle System / Battle Engine

Opening :
This is my first battle system script and my masterpiece script so far. At first, I made this script for my own personal use. Back then when Ace was released, I always wanted an English version of Tankentai. But I heard nothing about the translation. I thought it was impossible tankentai to be translated to English. Moreover, it has bad compatibility to other scripts. Then I looked at avalaible battle scripts, and not even a single script I like. I just don't get the idea of those scripts. Then, hence my ambition started.

Introduction :
This script was greatly inspired from Tankentai VX version and Eremidia : Dungeon! game. It's mainly aimed for free sequence animated battle without standard. I mean, there is no such a thing like "play all frames in row x" (the reason why I did this is because I hate standards). You can pick any grid in your spriteset. You can even use unorganized spriteset if you're too lazy to make one. As long as the format is consistent.

Features :
  • Animated battle of course
  • Free battler sequence
  • Free format battler sprite. You can even use unorganized spriteset as long as the format is consistent
  • Built-in damage counter
  • The rest are written in script ... and my sample game (not come out yet)
Screenshots :
Spoiler for:

Video :
Old video
New video (also trailer for the sample game)
You can look at my playlist if you want more

Scripts :
Sample game for the latest version isn't avalaible yet. You could grab the raw on my github repository

Questions and Answers :
Spoiler for:
Q: Is it has a high compatibility?
A: Maybe yes, maybe no. I alter the damage flows. Any script that also alter the damage flow will highly not compatible. Such as YEA - Area of Effect or Lunatic Damage. But I haven't touch the HUD so var. I only provide animated battle sprite. So It's possible if you want to put any style of HUD for your battle system. It's also compatible with YEA Free turn battle, and Sabakhan Ao no Kiseki BS, and formar ATB (It should go under my script), EST - Ring System, AEA - Charge Turn Battle. Doesn't work with Ocedic Motion Battle Camera.

Q: Can I use holder battler?
A: Yes, you can. But it will little bit troublesome. Since holder battler format has many rows in single battler image. I recommend you to split it up.

Q: What do you mean by "Format is consistent"?
A: If you decided to make 3x4 spriteset format like Kaduki do, then the rest of your battler sprites should also 3x4

Q: Can you make this script compatible with ...
A: No ... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/110/b/5/scripter_by_theoallen-d7fchsv.jpg But you can edit it by yourself.

Q: Can I use it for commercial project?
A: You can, but you have to credit me and give me the free copy of your game. Don't worry, I won't share it with other.

Q: The xxx script is better than yours
A: I don't mind. I made it for my personal use afterall.

Special Thanks :
Spoiler for:
  • Eremidia : Dungeon!, some of script features are inspired on it[/*]
  • Mithran, for Graphical global object reference. If it's not by his script, I may not finish my battle system.[/*]
  • TDS, I found your basic movement module script on RMRK long time ago. Then I adopt it and I rewrote by my own.[/*]
  • CielScarlet and Skourpy for the Translations[/*]

Author notes :
  • I use in script editor to make sequence movement instead of too many notetags as Symphony and Victor's do. It because there're already many script that uses notetags and notebox itself has no scroll.
  • As you know, I'm not so good at English. So I'm sorry in advance if there's any unclear informations. Feel free to ask
  • Sample game for latest version isn't released yet. But I decided to release the raw script at first is because there're some people who impatiently wait for the scripts.
  • I will be more active on VXAN. You will get a better quick answer if you ask me there than this site.
My scripts collection :
http://theolized.blogspot.com/
Sorry if I made it in Indonesian

Supporter of :

Make your own party composition based on 20 playable characters :