RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Modification to Modern Algebra's Multiple Parties Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 38
Learn before you teach. Teach before you die.
Multiple Parties Modification
6/20/2014

Summary
Modern Algebra's original script can be seen here. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25710.0.html

In summary, the original script allows the user to easily save and recall different party members and configurations. This allows for separate inventories, gold, steps, quest, etc. The modification I am looking for is something that would allow an option for the inventory and gold to be global. So really, the only thing the script would be doing is memorizing the actors and switching them, but leaving the inventory intact.

The project I am currently working on has strategy RPG elements. Between each strategy mission, the player is able to craft different items (such as healing items or weapons). They also choose the people who will be in each party. During a strategy mission, the player can switch between these parties to defend/fight against enemy units. The problem is, if the inventory changes with each party, then making potions and weapons prior to the battle will only benefit the initial party. Also, any items or gold won in battle will stay with the party that fought the battle, and be inaccessible afterwards. If there were an option to use a single, unchanging inventory, then it would benefit all the player-made parties.

I am getting closer and closer to finishing my project, but this problem is holding back a lot of the development (such as balancing of strategy missions and whatnot). I've looked around and I haven't found anything for VX, but I feel this script would be beneficial to anyone who wants to make a multiple party scenario similar to Kefka's Tower in Final Fantasy 6. If anyone would be willing to take a look and help out, I would be immensely grateful.

Features Desired
  • Adding an option to use a global inventory and gold instead of separate ones.

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy 6

Scripts being used for compatability
  • Prexus - Party Manager
  • Advanced Crafting System

Again, thanks for the consideration.

Cheers