RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Random Sprite Change on Event Start [VXA]

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
Hi folks. I'm brand new to RPG Maker, so forgive me if this is something obvious, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I created an event using a sprite from the Behavior 2 page, specifically, column 8, row 4 (the sleeping blue haired girl). Now, the event appears just fine on the map, but when I trigger the event (Action Button) the sprite automagically turns into the sprite directly above that one on the Behavior 2 page (the sleeping green haired dude).

Additionally, I have a second page on that same event where the blue haired girl wakes up. When this event page triggers (Autorun) the sprite shifts to the correct one (Actor 1, column 11, row 1) from the green haired guy.

Also, I should mention that I originally had the page 1 sprite set as Behavior 1, column 1, row 4, and in that case too the sprite would automagically shift to the green haired dude above that one (Behavior 1, column 1, row 3).

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Funny you should use the word fix  :P

The problem is that, by default, sprites will turn toward the player when they are interacted with. All you need to do is check the "Direction Fix" box that is among the options on the event page directly below the sprite. See the attached picture if you cannot find it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
OK! That fixed it for me. Thanks very much, MA!

Just as an exercise to make sure that I understand the underlying functionality, if the event sprite is turning from 'down' to 'right', isn't the default behavior to grab the image from down 2 rows in the same column? I'm basing this assumption on the default configuration for a 12 image character sprite sheet.