RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project 57

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic

Project 57
A player driven game

Yes, I'm purposefully poking fun at Generic RPG names with the title of mine. I may or may not change the name somewhere down the road. This particular game is something I'm doing for the game making competition this month (yes, same one that legacyblade is in too). We'll see what happens with it! I don't expect to win the grand prize or anything, but I feel like I learned enough over the years to be able to at least attempt to compete. Plus, if I don't at least try, i have a 100% chance to fail at it :p

The Storyline

Ah yes, the storyline.. Well, let's see.. Oh! Yes, I almost forgot to tell you. This doesn't really have a storyline. At least, not in the traditional sense. You see, you make your own choices, and decide what happens. So I suppose the storyline is somewhat what I would call a reactionary one; The NPC's will react to you, and depending on choices you have made in the past, how long you have been playing, etc. they will have different reactions, and sometimes, entirely different requests for you. Many "main" quests, and most side quests, will only be activated on a conditional basis, so you might get different ones depending on your progress.

Your start-off is rather simple; also, very generic. This game attempts to add humor and comic relief to a game type that is rapidly becoming the next over-saturated game genre on the market. It does this by combining instances of pure stereotypical RPG themes with comedic dialog that makes fun of the stereotypical nature it is portraying.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

One of the levels towards the beginning of the game; An attempt at improved mapping skills  :P

Demo and Downloads

DOWNLOAD: Yeah, I'll add one of these eventually EDIT: Download Available.

Other Links and Information

Hmm.. Nothing I can think of right this second. I'll be hosting this game on my site though, so you'll be able to download the demo from Gamers Archive when I get a demo created and all..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:49:26 AM by PhoenixFire »
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3