RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sin Unsullied (FULL VERSION RELEASED)

Rep:
Level 85

Five days until the world ends.

Dreams may be a result of sentience, but where does sentience come from?

There is another world that doesn't exist in the traditional sense of the word. Before this world drew close to humans, they were little more than tool-grasping apes. But with the gift of the mind comes a great cost. If our mind is a real place, then our nightmares are real creatures. And it's up to the small handfull of Reapers to defend humanity from the dark terrors lying just at the edges of their minds.

Sin Unsullied is an action RPG with visual novel elements. You only have five days to juggle building friendships, repairing your relationship with the woman you love, and growing stronger so you can stop the end of the world. The story changes based on your actions, so choose carefully.

You don't have enough time to experience everything in one playthrough, so be ready to choose what you really want.

Spoiler for Lee:
Lee is a nobleman who's spent his life tying to make those around him fulfill their dreams. After all, he was born with everything he could ever need. Why keep all that to himself?

But it all fell apart when he fell in love with someone he was helping. She threw away her life and became a Reaper.  And in the process, she threw Lee away as well.

With his will to help others gone, what is he to live for?

Spoiler for Fayte:
Fayte made her way in life as a serving woman at a small tavern. Until she impressed Lee, a generous nobleman, with her ability to sing and tell stories. Now he's taken her into his world, showing her what renown her skills can earn her. Fayte could have the life she's always dreamed of if she just reaches out and accepts what she's being handed.

But there is more in life than singing and spinning tales. She had to throw it all away for something more important.

Action Battle System
Jump right into the action! You'll need to be quick on your feet to survive the end of the world.

Branching Dialog
Take charge of your relationships! What you say matters in Sin Unsullied. Choose your options wisely.

Immerse Music
High quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied creating a truly cinematic experience!

An emotional journey
Several track of high quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied. Truly a cinematic experience!

Spoiler for Title:

Spoiler for Dancing in the Forest:

Spoiler for Transformation Sequence:

Spoiler for Performance:

Spoiler for Meteor Shower:

Spoiler for:
Writen And Directed by Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"

Graphics:

Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"
Enterbrain
Sithjester
Kan Gao
Land of Shadows
Moghunter
Rye
Rayen
Nessiah
Grafikal
Fortysixand2
Kiriashi
Freedesignfile
Shutter Stock
Tile-able
Fame Designer
Ruth Kosh

Music:
Abigail Haugen
Bryan Davis
ReclaimedGlory
Kunsel
Nathangday
Jasprelao
Lana42

Sound Effects:
Enterbrain
Soundsnap
Freesounds

RGSS Scripts:
Enterbrain
Blizzard
Winkio
Gameus
Fantasist
Ren-s--Joker
Dubealex
Maki
和希
Ccoa
ForeverZer0
Heretic
SCMike
Spencer "Legacyblade" Conrad

Testers:
Ali
Roxaszu
Trevor Forsyth
Mike Stephans
Gamus
Slimmmeiske2

To keep up to date with Sin Unsullied, go to http://pixelbards.com/

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY RPGMAKERWEB SUBMISSION PAGE
It will really help me out!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:55:25 PM by legacyblade »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Mapping could use a bit more work (It feels empty in those forest & mountain scenes), and the houses are a tad too big.

Storywise, sounds interesting.

Rep:
Level 85
Glad the story interests you :D

And now that you mention it, I totally agree that the forests seem empty o.o Man I must have been in a hurry when making those lol. Though that's a tavern, so I think it's size makes sense :P

Thanks for commenting :D I really appreciate it.

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
I love the looming prediction that the day will end in five days. Nicely thought up concept!

Is it RPG2003? The scenes don't look the blocky way VX and Ace look. I like it. The screenshot with the dancing scene looks wonderful. Are they custom sprites?
My project:

Rep:
Level 85
RMXP. It's my favorite out of all of the RPG Makers! The art is just so pretty! I'm glad you agree lol. As for the dancing scene, yeah. I put an hour or so in posing the sprites. I'm glad you like them :D Hearing that makes the massive amount of time I've put into custom sprite poses seem worth it lol.

As for the five days thing, I'm feeling quite smug that you like it >} I was debating with my friend about it. She thought it was cheesy. Now I may rub in her face that a man in a tophat thought it was cool XD

Rep:
Level 57
Now I may rub in her face that a man in a tophat thought it was cool XD

Australian bush hat, actually. I will look forward to playing a demo of your game, in the future.
My project:

Rep:
Level 85
Australian bush hat, actually. I will look forward to playing a demo of your game, in the future.

Well, it makes you look dapper enough to be an authority in an argument. So I'll take it :P

@all,

UPDATE EVERYONE!!!

I spent the day mapping out the main character's mansion. Man did it take forever x.x There was just so much empty space to fill in. Freaking rich people.

Here are some screenies of the mansion (they just show off a tiny bit of the mapping I did today)
Spoiler for:

I want Lee's bedroom :P

Also, I did my first nightmare graphic. The enemies in the games don't exist. They and their world are what created the human subconcious (and along with it sentience) just by existing. So they're more conceptual energy than actual beings. I decided to make them scribbles and energy. I'm not sure if I like the result. It looks a LOT more lazy than it is. It took a significant amount of time to draw that thing from every angle multiple times for battle (then deciding that particular enemy only looked intimidating from the front and scrpapped the other angels x.x)

Tell me what you think

Spoiler for:

-edit

After taking advice from a few different people, I modified the style of the nightmares. I think it looses a bit of uniqueness, (and departs a bit from my original vision) but it's hard to argue that this doesn't look better :P
Let me know what you guys think.

I used some half-kaiser sprite pieces for the armor, then sprited in the energy and scribbles from scratch. I think this new style fits in universe a bit better than my previous itteration, as the Reapers transform into their battle outfits with similar looking blue energy (though it looks solid after transformation). My justification for magical girl transformations is that it's difficult to hurt nightmares with phsyical things. So they wrap themselves in something that's both physical and idea...energy...stuff. Still need to come up with a name for the stuff :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:34:50 PM by legacyblade »

Rep:
Level 57
I'm not sure what I'm looking at in terms of that last sprite, but the mansion looks impressive. Freaking rich people indeed!

I like the idea of scribble enemies. For better designs, google 'scribble enemy'. It gives you at least one or two ideas for possible foes.
My project:

Rep:
Level 85
Hey everyone! I just finished the first third or so of my game, so I thought I'd post a demo :D It ends on a sufficiently dramatic part, so I'm hoping it'll get more people interested and commenting XD

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/demos/SinUnsullied-Demo-001.zip

Please respond with any criticisms/comments/bugs/anything you have! I'd love to know your thoughts on what I've spent the past 14 odd days making XD

-edit

Update! I just edited the game so that if you hold Z or Shift, a green arrow will hover above your head and point where you're supposed to go. Some of my friends kept getting lost, so I added in the feature at their request.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:31:43 AM by legacyblade »

Rep:
Level 85
OMG OMG!!!

I FINISHED!!

There is still a lot of polishing I need to do tomorrow (spell checking) and then after the contest, but you can play the game from start to finish!!!!

Here's a link.  PLEASE try it out and tell me what you think. I want to kill as many bugs as possible before I submit it.

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/SinUnsullied_B001.zip