RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Feedback on my character?

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero

The face itself is from a template. My work is the uniform and helmet. Any tips or feedback?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:59:18 PM by boe »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Much better than what I could come up with.

Looks like a great start!

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
Much better than what I could come up with.

Looks like a great start!

Thanks :) Does it look like the futuristic soldier it's supposed to be?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I would say maybe work on the shading and details. Usually a sprite should have more light areas than dark.

I did some quick edits as an example:

Now, don't take this as the end-all-be-all "this is what you should do". This is just my interpretation to give you some ideas.

Also, remember to zoom out every once in a while if you're not working with two windows. Something that looks good zoomed in may not look that great zoomed out.

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
I would say maybe work on the shading and details. Usually a sprite should have more light areas than dark.

I did some quick edits as an example:

Now, don't take this as the end-all-be-all "this is what you should do". This is just my interpretation to give you some ideas.

Also, remember to zoom out every once in a while if you're not working with two windows. Something that looks good zoomed in may not look that great zoomed out.

How do I work with two windows of the same image in photoshop?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-7L7KWM3s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-7L7KWM3s</a>

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-7L7KWM3s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-7L7KWM3s</a>

Thanks  :kiss:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Not bad! B) Yep, I could tell he was a futuristic soldier!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
Not bad! B) Yep, I could tell he was a futuristic soldier!

Thanks :D My biggest fear is for my soldiers to be taken for frogs or something worse.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
fuckin gay

Just messin; not bad at all, really. Good job. I personally agree with what Aco said, make sure the shading and whatnot is balanced.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Boots should be semi shiny black.  A touch more tech is needed to make it futuristic.  Antennas coming off their helmets, left / right eye augmentation, etc.  As a base, it works fine with that touch of shadowing, and adding extra stuff like guns and weapons can create several characters out of one base character.  Comm tech to heavy armor to commanders, lots of possibilities there.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
Boots should be semi shiny black.  A touch more tech is needed to make it futuristic.  Antennas coming off their helmets, left / right eye augmentation, etc.  As a base, it works fine with that touch of shadowing, and adding extra stuff like guns and weapons can create several characters out of one base character.  Comm tech to heavy armor to commanders, lots of possibilities there.

Thanks, yea I agree :) I'm planning for something like an action battle system in the future, but I'll probably never get around to it haha

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
ribbit

I almost spat milk out on my keyboard! XD
THAT made me laugh. ^^

Anyway...  :V
Definitely the shading makes it look not only better but more distinctive.
And... And it doesn't look like a frog.

But it does now in my imagination because it's funny. XD

Rep:
Level 33
RMRK Junior
I have done renderings for a while but this is my first character rendering. Any input is welcome.

Thanks

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is it invisible? If it's invisible 10/10 best invisible character render I've ever seen.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I thought abigaila was back  ;9

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I don't know why I feel like she will never come back... :'(
The last posts she made, kinda told me that... (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Her last posts spoke volumes... ;9

Spoiler for:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ps Abigaila is actually pretty alright

u can come back now pls :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Double post by an admin. :P That's how you be an idol. :D
But I really wish that she comes back. In an other post she writen something like:
"I feel allways followed, can't sleep anymore, even I know there is no one around, I still can't."

I remember reading something like that in a different topic of her...
That's what makes think, she might will never come back... :'( (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Double post by an admin. :P That's how you be an idol. :D

Well, hey...works for Sophist ;o important people double-post on rmrk. everyone double-posts on rmrk

I remember reading something like that in a different topic of her...
That's what makes think, she might will never come back... :'( (\s/)

There was a lot of drama with people thinking she was a dupe or troll at first, but things calmed down and she just sort of dropped off the forums. So...not really much that had to do with her last posts, but I think she just sort of left. I don't remember exactly, since I was away from the forums for a little while and then came back and she was
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]