RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can someone explain VX and VX Ace tilesets?

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
What does that star mean?

Also what is the difference between the various tileset types? (Overworld, etc, A, B)

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\รด/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I only experienced, that the first field allways must be an "*", if it contains your own graphics.
Else every tile is passable, if it's a "O". Or everything is not passable, if it's a "X".

I had that problem, when I made my first "GIAW" project. But basicaly the "*" means the character walks behind that sprite/tile. (\s/)

Rep:
Level 84
The * means that your character can walk behind it.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Acolyte here. Too lazy to switch acounts.
A1 - A4 tile = autotiles (grass, fences, etc.)
A5 tile = Regular static tiles, only not a full sheet, and has the same priority level as the other A tiles.
B, C, D, and E = Regular vx style tiles

The default tiles labeled "Overworld", "Interior", "Exterior", and so on, are just little RTP packs that enterbrain included to show off how you can have different tilesets for different maps.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:45:45 AM by Ser Strike Reyhi »