RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] My WeeklyBeats2014 Tracks.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Since it doesn't look like anyone else is participating other than me, I might as well retire the old thread and just make a new one, just for me.

Here's a direct link to the entire album on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/sets/weekly-beats-2014

Here's all of them, individually, so far. I'll bump each week when the new track is up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Quarter 1!

Week 01 - Arrival
Nifty little "intro" piece, a bit of a mix of everything. Electronic, orchestral, atmospheric, rhythmic stuff, etc.
Spoiler for:

Week 02 - I Don't Even Know
8-Bit ridiculousness.
Spoiler for:

Week 03 - Yours
I play acoustic guitar. :3
Spoiler for:

Week 04 - Sattelites
Minimalistic piano piece.
Spoiler for:

Week 05 - Boats
Very old "RPG river town" theme I never finished, until now. :3
Spoiler for:

Week 06 - Wasted
Electronic + Spoken Word. A first for me.
Spoiler for:

Week 07 - Industry
Music Concrete, or "found sound." Not a first for me, but uncommon. I usually hate this genre.
Spoiler for:

Week 08 - Amidst the Andalusian Highlands
Another RPG track I never got to finish. Not nearly as old as "boats," though. This track (or an unfinished mockup, anyway) was actually rejected by a client. So I finished it for Weekly Beats 2014
Spoiler for:

Week 09 - Soaring Across The Plains
Same situation as above. I gave them a short mockup, they didn't like it. Years later, I finished it, because I liked it, dammit!
Spoiler for:

Week 10 - Block Diagram
Another old track I never finished. At this point I was in the bad habit of re-hashing/finishing old tunes, but there's nothing against that in the rules.
Spoiler for:

Week 11 - Unexpected Fight for your Life!
Another old RPG track, but this one was just for me. :3
Spoiler for:

Week 12 - Overcome Your Fears
Okay, NEW music! This was inspired by playing Tomb Raider. It was done at Roph's request. :3
Spoiler for:

Week 13 - Tibetan Tombs
Also inspired by Tomb Raider, but this one's for me.
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:18:57 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Quarter 2!

Week 14 - Blip
Blip. Inspired by, as much as I hate to admit it ... Lorde.
Spoiler for:

Week 15 - Whatever
This week was the first week it was NICE outside. So I didn't try at all. This is a throwaway track. Sorry.
Spoiler for:

Week 16 - 16 to 1
Technical piano piece. It starts with 16 beats per measure, and decreases over time.
Spoiler for:

Week 17 - Voyage to Triton
This track just kind of happened. It's space-y, and also exciting. Might work for a movie?
Spoiler for:

Week 18 - Jahen-Ru
This track also just kind of happened. It's ... random. But not bad!
Spoiler for:

Week 19 - BWAAAM
This was deliberate. I had no magic this week, so I blatantly went for a BWAAAAM style piece, as was popular a year ago.
Spoiler for:

Week 20 - Tension
SUPER fucking proud of this one. Came out of NOWHERE, too. Started it at 2:00pm on Sunday, finished it ~4 hours later. LOVE this piece. Especially the part at 1:02.
Spoiler for:

Week 21 - Weak Transistor
Not so proud of this one. Of course, it's inspired by Transistor, but I didn't have much time to spend on it. :\ Next week will be better.
Spoiler for:

Week 22 - Spinal
Kinda slacking off again, but this is another track inspired by Transistor. I wish I had access to a good singer.
Spoiler for:

Week 23 - Alive
This was done entirely on my phone, because I was away for the weekend. It's a bit silly, and simple, but hey ... I made it on my phone. I even converted it and uploaded it from my phone to the weeklybeats website. Who needs a computer to write music, right?
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:18:26 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 96
Placeholder for Q3

Rep:
Level 96
Placeholder for Q4

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
You + acoustic guitar = closest thing to heaven on earth

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks so much. :3

Boats (Week 5) also has some of my playing in there. I definitely do need do some more recorded tracks in the future.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I just went to soundcloud and added all of these to a playlist so I could hear them all at once lol.  Just made it to boats and it is definitely :julesapproved: So beautiful and chill.
I definitely do need do some more recorded tracks in the future.
Please do!

Rep:
Level 96
Week 21 is up, and it's ... okay. :p

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
You're easily one of the most talented musicians that I know. I just now got around to listening to a good chunk of this, and I'm wondering why you aren't making this music for a AAA company.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
I'm wondering why you aren't making this music for a AAA company.
Tell me about it. I've tried applying to random places, but I never heard back. I'll never stop writing, though, and this WeeklyBeats thing is making me keep my word on that.

Honestly though, I'd rather work for some small, artsy/abstract indie company than some AAA company.

Rep:
Level 96
Week 23 is up! It's mediocre again! :D

Well, it has one really great moment. But I'm not happy with the build at all. And it's kind of done-to-death to my ears. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel very fresh to me.

Anyway, enjoy!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I listened to this earlier and I really liked it.  I don't have all those fancy music words you people use.  I wish I could put what I want to say into words >_<   

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks as always, Jules. This week's track is up. I had to write it on my phone, and I'm pretty happy with it, considering the limitations. Even if it is a bit silly and simple. :3