RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VX ACE: Eventing elemental damage and resistances

pokeball SacOffline
Rep:
Level 38
Script-less Victory
Hello, for the past month or so ive been trying to come up with a evented battle deal. Everything was going great until i got to elemental damage and resists, since im using events im aware i cant get true percentages of a variable. Im just drawing a blank as to how to even start this.

Here is a link to my project so you can get a idea of how i handled physical damage [ damage is handled towards the bottom of the common events tab ] any help, advice or even ideas for a new feature [ im stuck for ideas at the moment ] would be greatly appreciated

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3kgs9lgi59h9q9/ReaverSV.zip   [ i know since im new i wont be trusted. i understand that but if you do take the plunge and download i thank you greatly and ask that you reassure others that its safe. ]

If you play the demo to test the project please speak with the dog to get things rolling! Right now nothing is kill-able i have it set up its just not turned on, since im still testing things there are alot of bugs i haven't really finalized anything yet.

Also if you see anything you like feel free to use it!

oh embarrassing... uploaded an old less stable bac up, changed link to my current version not much difference if im honest but this makes it sound like i know my stuff ^,^
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:39:07 AM by Sac »
How is it "YOUR" game when its full of other people's scripts? EVENTS WILL SET YOU FREE! ^,^

pokeball SacOffline
Rep:
Level 38
Script-less Victory
well thats disappointing nothing eh... i see on media fire its been downloaded a few times, could i at least get some feedback on it.

i know its probably not as great as some of the other evented battle systems out there. but for a first try i feel its a good start, i really have no clue what goes into making a functional battle system im kind of figuring that out as i go. [ i think that shows lol ]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:04:09 AM by Sac »
How is it "YOUR" game when its full of other people's scripts? EVENTS WILL SET YOU FREE! ^,^

pokeball SacOffline
Rep:
Level 38
Script-less Victory
im new to rpg maker online communities, but so far it seems people only care about scripts and not so much eventing. this board is dead the 2  in charge of it must have a easy job! i mean i see question that could be answered easily with events  but somebody will write a script for it [ and thats not just this one site its all of them] ... don't get me wrong the scripts are cool and i understand why the writers do it its a challenge just like eventing.

I feel with events you could do anything a script achieves other then changing the default way the program it self works like database limt breaking. I don't understand why people are taking the time to make a game just to run the risk of having a game breaking script conflict and have no idea how to fix it and has to pray somebody will write a patch for it.

end rant! im sorry im just sadden by what i see online for this awesome program.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:41:49 AM by Sac »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I just haven't personally been checking the RPG Maker section lately. o.o I don't know if many people have been (we need another contest or something). Plus, the weirdness of the Community side is kinda overshadowing everything else right now.

Also, if you really like eventing, you should check out our RTP-Only, No-Scripts challenge. B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I know this is kinda off topic, but you can still get game-crushing bugs through eventing. There are simple script edits that prevent the game from closing if an error is found, so it's not a big deal. Events also cause a ton more lag than scripts, which is unavoidable if using tons of events.

I am also working on an evented battle system, I don't know if you've seen it, but the one in my project thread. The way i got around to adding resistance and even damage percentages was through a small script I made. Trust me, a pure event based abs will not be dynamic at all...

pokeball SacOffline
Rep:
Level 38
Script-less Victory
haha i love it takes a beer fueled rant to get someone to post thats historical... anyway ive solved this problem and i think im done with this online bullish every game i download looks the same has the same unconfigured  scripts and has the same tired cliched filled story [ i now know why rpg maker vx gets laughed at by other developers cuz every game released for it is garbage]. so feel free to delete these account or ban or whatever you feel you need to do.
if you need a reason to ban me then "fuck every one of you and i hope you choke on a aids soaked tampon" good bye and good luck
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:33:50 PM by Sac »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
what

the

fuck

?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
son, is there something wrong with you?

perhaps dynamite trapped in your brain?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hormonal issues?

esteem issues?

...alcohol issues?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
haha i love it takes a beer fueled rant to get someone to post thats historical...
get someone to post thats historical...
thats historical...
historical...

So.... these posts made History....?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
haha i love it takes a beer fueled rant to get someone to post thats historical... anyway ive solved this problem and i think im done with this online bullish every game i download looks the same has the same unconfigured  scripts and has the same tired cliched filled story [ i now know why rpg maker vx gets laughed at by other developers cuz every game released for it is garbage]. so feel free to delete these account or ban or whatever you feel you need to do.
if you need a reason to ban me then "fuck every one of you and i hope you choke on a aids soaked tampon" good bye and good luck

I think you could be overreacting to literally nothing a little harder

you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"HOW DARE YOU NOT RESPOND TO MY POST"

"HOW DARE YOU RESPOND TO MY POST"
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
every game i download looks the same has the same unconfigured  scripts

Nobody knows/cares about my game; confirmed.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ATTF for president 2014

;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: