RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you cooking?

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
HaloOfTheSun's Delicious Salsa Ok & HaloOfTheSun's Chipotle Chicken Bacon Tacos Ok

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I shall be making this today, and we'll just SEE how good it is MISTER ;P

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The salsa will probably taste too tomatoey if you eat it the same day you made it. Salsa needs some time to reach its true final boss form. But good luck
:tinysmile:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
THAT LOOKS SO GOOD

Thanks!! ;o; I also made you guys a shepherd's pie (the other day lol). :-)

I missed this till now, I don't know how. Technically this is a cottage pie. A shepherd's pie is made with lamb. Too much Food Network and being anal made me tell you that >_< It looks delicious!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
That was absolutely delicious. I am definitely doing it again and I am SO FREAKING FULL.  No pictures cause I am not used to taking pictures of my food and I was hungry so I just ate OK?!

There are four of us, so I doubled your recipe. I let the chicken marinade in the adobo/lime/etc sauce for a bit and then dumped it all (except the bacon) into a slow cooker. Because I am lazy.  I added a tbsp of bacon grease to give it a sort of cooked with bacon flavor. Let that cook on high for four hours.  I wanted crispy bacon just cause I like it crispy, so I fried it up, drained, chopped and used it as a topping. I also made guacamole cause .. well cause I like it and I can.  This was so freaking good. I haven't cooked anything from this thread in forever, and most of the stuff that we posted previously I can't really have a lot of cause I'm trying to lose weight ;9  I need more recipes like this, chop chop  :P  :drsword:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
THAT LOOKS SO GOOD

Thanks!! ;o; I also made you guys a shepherd's pie (the other day lol). :-)
[img]
I missed this till now, I don't know how. Technically this is a cottage pie. A shepherd's pie is made with lamb. Too much Food Network and being anal made me tell you that >_< It looks delicious!

I've only ever really heard people call them potpies.
Don't think I've heard of a cottage pie, makes me think of the cheese.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

I didn't know that! Neat! B)

After looking around a bit, it looks like Americans have a bad habit of using "Shepherd's Pie" and "Cottage Pie" interchangeably. ;9
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I did, I never knew that dish as anything BUT shepherd's pie until I became obsessed with cooking shows lol. I think Gordon Ramsey taught me that bit. Him or Alton Brown.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Me and Malson made sushi today~ It was messy, challenging, and really fun! :boe:

First attempt  vs.  third attempt

(The second attempt was with the rice on the outside, and it turned out looking hideous so I didn't take pics ok)

Ingredients: We used imitation crab sticks, cream cheese, and cucumber for all of them. For the first one, we also had avocado and spicy mayo. The avocado ran out by the third roll and the mayo was only used on the first (apparently it was expired ;9).

Cooking the low / medium grain rice correctly was the most daunting part, but it actually didn't turn out too bad (a rice cooker is probably easier to use). It seemed somewhat undercooked, but we couldn't tell once we got it rolled up.

The rolling part wasn't so bad, either. Covering the sushi roller in some kind of plastic seems to be easier for clean up and moving the roll around, but I'd go with a large zip lock bag next time... We used plastic wrap and it kept sliding all over the place and wasn't on the roller very well. ._. That rice also sticks to your fingers like crazy, so I found it to be a lot easier to have the seaweed on the outside and rice inside. I also found that it was easier to work near a sink (or keep a bowl of water nearby) so you can dampen your hands frequently when handling the sticky rice.

Cutting the sushi was probably the most difficult part because I kept squeezing the poor sushi to death to hold it in place (I'm 2 strong ok). We covered it in plastic wrap before cutting it the first time, but I think this is only really necessary for sushi with rice on the outside. It only made it harder for us to cut through it. By the third roll, Chris and I were holding the ends of the sushi as gently as we could while I cut it - this time, it turned out fairly well. :) I think a better knife would have made the cutting process a lot easier.

This guy seemed to have the easiest method for making the rice in a pot and this video was very helpful for rolling techniques and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:29:06 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88