RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trainer Making Emporium Contest ~

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Ok, I couldn't think of a witty title like Yuyu's but I caught your attention :mad:

What is it this time? Well, the Topic title says it all; We're making Trainer Sprites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the heck will you want to do that, you ask? Well, it just so happens, That you'd get a Free Pokemon oh but that's not all, besides from giving you any Pokemon as a price, Your Trainer Sprite will be uploaded in the next update to be added along in rmrkmon!!!!

================================
Excited now? Good; Here's what you have to do:
================================

Open a Sprite making program or photoshop

Make a Trainer Sprite and post it here in this thread for the world to see!!!

Don't know how to sprite?, no worries!!
You can also make a Palette Swap of a Currently existing Trainer!!

===============================
Here are Dah Rulez

1) Your Trainer Sprite MUST BE ANIMATED - If the sprite is not animated, then it will be ignored.

2) Your Trainer must be size 96x96 - That's the size that all current Trainer Sprites in RMRKmon are uploaded.

3) Your Trainer Sprite must be at least Proportioned - We're not too picky here. This doesn't necessarily mean body proportion, but that they also fit with the ones in Rmrkmon. Here's the default trainer as an example:

4) You may make a Palette Swap Trainer, but you'll only get a Non-Shiny Pokemon of 15%-75% Encounter Chance, Original Sprites Would get either a Shiny or Legendary Pokemon for their choosing - We have to be Fair with this here, this ain't a competition to see who's best, but it wouldn't be fair for someone who spend an hour or two making a Sprite from Scratch or Original and someone did a Palette swap of Red & took him 3 minutes isn't fair.

-Regarding Rewards-
Spoiler for Guidelines:

1. Very basic edits, or recoloring.
Example (non animated, so wouldn't count anyways):

Prize: Non-Shiny Pokemon. 31% + encounter rate.

2. Slightly more editing to the animation and recolors.
Example:

Prize: Non-Shiny Pokemon. Any encounter rate.

3. Somewhat original: changes in animation and/or the character's figure.
Example:

Prize: Shiny Pokemon. 31% + encounter rate.

4. Pretty original: major changes to the animation and/or character design. Almost completely custom graphics.
Example:

Prize: Shiny Pokemon. Any encounter rate.

5) Contestants will be given 1 pokemon per sprite - In case your confuse on how it works, However; Until it is decided, At the moment, Contestants are limited to be given only 5 pokemon until further updates are given, you can still make as much sprites as you want, however if you make 10 sprites, know you only get 5 pokemons, You can still make as many sprites as you want will still be added. - Mods feel free to edit this as you see fit.

-------------------------------
Now then, let's get started!!!!!
Mods & Admins Add/edit this post as you see fit

The Participants:

Spoiler for Princess Mc:

Spoiler for Queen Yuyubabe:

Spoiler for Karo Rushe:

Spoiler for Princess Acolyte:

Spoiler for Exhydra:

Spoiler for Euphoria:

Keeping a Record here regarding rewards given to contestants.

Spoiler for Yuyubabe Gifted:

Spoiler for Princess Mc Gifted:

Spoiler for Karo Rushe Gifted:

Spoiler for Princess Acolyte Gifted:

Spoiler for Exhydra:

Spoiler for Euphoria:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:48:04 AM by Queen yuyubabe »

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Finally finished my trainer so I guess I'll throw her here!

Guess who, guess who :V

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Aaaaaaaaaaand, to go along with that... I made one, too! ;) Queen Elsa!

(Probably going to edit her later, to make her do a more exciting animation. Maybe casting ice or something. But not right now. I'm waaay tired and this took forever.)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Both brilliant  :gracie:

If you wanted another character to do, perhaps YuYu's alter-ego, MeMe  :Vg;
bringing sexy back

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Im going to continue working on mine tomorrow, too late to touch up today ;o;

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
That looks beautiful my mind rapidly went to this image :V

Spoiler for Elza, you wanna catch a Pokemon?:

Which Shiny or Legendary Pokemon do you girls want now?

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Do not like ;9

We have to be Fair with this here, this ain't a competition to see who's best, but it wouldn't be fair for someone who spend an hour or two making a Sprite from Scratch or Original and someone did a Palette swap of Red & took him 3 minutes isn't fair.

lol implying it would take me 3 minutes to do a Palette swap.  OR that I even know HOW to animate a sprite IF I could make one. 

No free pokemons for me this time ;_; 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:57:35 AM by Baroness Jules »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Do not like ;9

We have to be Fair with this here, this ain't a competition to see who's best, but it wouldn't be fair for someone who spend an hour or two making a Sprite from Scratch or Original and someone did a Palette swap of Red & took him 3 minutes isn't fair.

lol implying it would take me 3 minutes to do a Palette swap.  OR that I even know HOW to animate a sprite IF I could make one. 

No free pokemons for me this time ;_; 
D: Ok, maybe three minutes was . . . ermm, an exaggeration, don't take it literal, sorry if it sounded mean .__.;;

Regarding learning to sprite or tutorials; https://www.google.com.pr/search?newwindow=1&es_sm=93&q=animated+pokemon+trainer+sprites+tutorial&oq=animated+pokemon+trainer+sprites+tutorial&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.2972.4886.0.5677.9.9.0.0.0.0.778.3230.1j4j1j6-3.9.0....0...1c.1.41.serp..4.5.1331.VVAwJTGCrgc

The program I'm using is Ulead Gif Animator, D: But I'm sure there's others too

And, umm, here I throw my two cents, and to tell the truth; I started to regret & eat my worlds regarding those three minutes regarding palette swaps.
Spoiler for Erika Winter Palette:

(I think I might color that hair - And, umm, I based her colors off of Froslass)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:15:05 AM by Karo Rushe »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yeah, by biggest problem with learning to sprite is time. I have a pretty full plate already >_<   But the coloring I could give a shot.... one day lol   Though Ulead only comes with a 15-day free trial so no idea if I can learn it quick enough to do that.

You have no idea how noob I am lol 

I wasn't intending to be like "THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!"  More like, "Boohoo poor me, I wanted free shiny pokemons too" lol ;9  I was on a pitty potty. ;_;  Forgive me? 

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
If we make a trainer will they be added to the database?

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Why the heck will you want to do that, you ask? Well, it just so happens, That you'd get a Free Pokemon oh but that's not all, besides from giving you any Pokemon as a price, Your Trainer Sprite will be uploaded in the next update to be added along in rmrkmon!!!!

Theres your answer :]

and I finally updated mine (I suck at animations ;o;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
My female form of the magician is complete! B]

Compare to:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Beautiful ;o;

I actually made this one before anna, but hey I'll throw it up here too.

Made from:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Which Shiny or Legendary Pokemon do you girls want now?

Forgot about that part, I'm not sure actually o.o
Which one did you pick Karo? :]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How many Pokemons can we claim? Is there a limit? =o If I get a shiny for Elsa and even a nonshiny for my boob magician, I'm not gonna lie, that would be schweet. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I got bored and made a Trucy~

How many Pokemons can we claim? Is there a limit? =o If I get a shiny for Elsa and even a nonshiny for my boob magician, I'm not gonna lie, that would be schweet. B)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm just doing this for fun now.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah but

dat Trucy

I vote 2 shinies for Dr.Mc *_*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
Mc got skills *_*
bringing sexy back

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
1 per sprite made, if everyone is ok with that? And yes, Mc gets two Shinies for her Ana & Trucy Sprite :)

Which one did you pick Karo? :]
I'll be picking a Kirlia o.o
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:15:00 AM by Karo Rushe »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I guess I get (#4) an any shiny, and (#3) a 31% + shiny? ^_^

Can I choose...

and ? B)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:08:16 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I guess I get (#4) an any shiny, and (#3) a 31% + shiny? ^_^

Can I choose...

and ? B)
It has been done ~

Mc got skills *_*
:roph2:

I'll be picking a Kirlia o.o
o.o Kirlia so cute!
Actually I need to get one sometime... :V
So, you want a Kirlia or a Shiny one, or Both? :V Well, you can pick 4 of your choosing :V

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]