RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Let me tell you about Twin Peaks.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZQOBikBmE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZQOBikBmE</a>
Hello RMRK, that gum you like is going to come back in style.
Some of you may be wondering what my forum avatars and other related posts are about. It all boils down to the television series:

Created in 1990 by noted director David Lynch, creator of Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, and other surrealist films, Twin Peaks is a strange mash of various elements and genres. Spanning two seasons and a film, on the surface it is a mystery show that parodies the rampant soap operas that were playing on daytime TV at the time. The veil of the mystery is thin, however, as Lynch immediately set to work on creating an artistic, surreal environment that is laced with true horror. The TV series has gone on to be a great influence in media like Silent Hill, the X-Files, and all other 'cinematic' television to come, such as Breaking Bad and The Killing.

It is a series that a lot of time, care, and dedication were put into, and it shows. Anything from flickering lights, the odd expressions characters give, or how donuts are arranged in stacks of two across a table, Twin Peaks is full of depth and immersing elements. Characters were meant to 'overact' in some scenes, as soap opera actors were often to do, but to the point in which it is polarizing. There are long scenes that aren't meant to be engaging or interesting, only to keep building up tension or snap into a point of oddity or horror. The series is quirky without being forceful about it, or artistic just for artistic sake. David Lynch is a masterful director of the series, so much so that you can easily not care about what is happening in one moment, and be captive and mesmerized in another. The cast choices were perfect, and they all work together in such a way that you cannot help but keep watching. Although it has 'aged' somewhat since airing, it isn't enough to complain about. The series is listed as the 27th best TV show on IMDB, and continued to have a cult following that strongly exists to this day, 25 years later. Both the cast, community, and Netflix (which the entire series is on), have expressed interest in picking the series up once more.

Twin Peaks is an epitome of surrealism. It can only be truly described and appreciated by watching. Floating on the right is the pilot and first episode of the series. If you find yourself somewhat interested, continue watching onto the third episode to see if you're hooked. Surrealism is meant to be polarizing, either you get it or you don't. It is art, and an example of excellent cinematics. If you appreciate a good television series, you owe it to yourself to see where it all began.

If you watch it, please post about what you think, good or bad. I created this topic to expose people to a series they might not be aware of, but should be all the same.
The owls are not what they seem.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I watched Eraserhead and did not enjoy it at all, but I'll give this a try.
(You know a good place to stream it from (for free)? I'm with Cumcast and I'm too paranoid to torrent anymore.)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I believe it is all on Youtube, but I don't know about the movie. I wasn't a fan of Eraserhead as well, as it was surreal to the point of being uninteresting, or just strange for the sake of being strange. Twin Peaks balances this between 'normal' scenes and writing, so that the surreal marks are a lot more subtle and not just some strange thing because an art student thought it would be cool.

Edit: So it seems that user only has the first 7 episodes. This place seems to have it all. Dunno if it is in chunks or not though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:34:50 AM by Sophist »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you. :D
The site I use to stream videos has been acting weird lately. :(

I'll start watching it tonight. :3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I've had the show queued in Netflix for a while. I should be getting up to it soon 8]
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
Please do. Although the second season kind of lulls in the middle (David Lynch was more away than present for episodes 8-16), it is so worth watching if only for the very last episode, which is easily the best one. Season 1 I have watched many times over, however.

Edit: Granted, this is because ABC strongarmed Lynch into making a more 'normal' series, and got their fingers in to make it a soap opera instead of a parody of one? Either way it is still worth pushing through to the end.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:53:25 AM by Sophist »

Rep:
Level 98
I believe I am within my rights to bump this thread. Watch this show.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm about to start watching !_!

Rep:
Level 98
Diane, that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Let me know what you think. ;]

Rep:
Level 97
I didn't realize the first episode was an hour and a half lol. I liked it a lot though! I always like a good murder mystery. I'm not sure if that aspect of it lasts throughout, but it's still interesting nonetheless. There's something about it that just draws you in. I'm really tired right now so I'm not sure how to describe or process my thoughts on it just yet. I should be going to bed but I think I'm going to watch the next one first lol. I will expand on my thoughts later (probably Sunday or Monday night).

Rep:
Level 98
So, I'm bumping this thread because there's going to be a new season of this 25 year old television show.

Doesn't that make you think you should watch it?

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 96
shore why not eh? ill give em all a good ol' torrent a give a wotch govna
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&